• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Forum Tips – Crowdsourcing a users’ guide

C clearly

Staff member
Year of past OR future Camino
With Ivar's endorsement, let’s create some reference threads with tips for using the forum. After all, (fingers crossed) very soon we will be inundated with members planning their Caminos for 2021 and 2022.

Here is a suggested approach:
  1. This starter thread will be the place to talk about what topics to address, and how best to organize ourselves and present our collective knowledge.
  2. Periodically, I’ll start a new thread on a specific topic – starting with features of Your Account.
  3. On that thread, the first post will outline how I think that feature is supposed to work.
  4. Forum members can add posts to that thread, with additional tips or corrections to the first post, or questions related to that feature. Screenshots with explanations will be welcome.
  5. I’ll update the original (first) post as we gather information and tips.
  6. After useful information is incorporated into the original post on the thread addressing that topic, we’ll delete the miscellaneous questions, comments, etc. That way, the first post will (we hope) be the most up-to-date and accurate version, and the thread will be kept informational and tightly on-topic. People won't need to hunt through a long thread to find important tips.
Remember – if your post is deleted, it is NOT because there was anything wrong with it. Rather, we have acted on it and want to keep the thread as clear and concise as possible.

These threads will all be tagged with *forum tips.

We might need a post explaining how to do things on a computer, and another post explaining how it is done on a phone. My focus will be on computers, to start, so help on the phone issues will be welcome.

That’s the plan. I’m not sure how it will evolve. Let me know if you have suggestions.

Camino Passport
Original passport made by the Cathedral in Santiago de Compostela. Shipped from Santiago all around the world with DHL.
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.