A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

Forum upgrade this morning ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Camino(s) past & future
Francรฉs ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francรฉs ('16)
Baztanรฉs/Francรฉs ('17)
Ingles ('18)
we now have emoji support ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ˜ณ ...so go wild :)
๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘โœ”โค๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿ•บ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒนโœ”โœ”
How'd you do that @David? I only see the usual suspects.
:oops:o_O

Camino(s) past & future
Francรฉs ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francรฉs ('16)
Baztanรฉs/Francรฉs ('17)
Ingles ('18)
I suspect there may be an easier way ๐Ÿง
Ah...maybe, thank you Tim. But for we benighted ones who are allergic to Apples...who knows?:):);)
(I checked google, but my taskbar doesn't have the options it says it's supposed to, so never mind...)

Camino(s) past & future
Several and counting...
Ah...maybe, thank you Tim. But for we benighted ones who are allergic to Apples...who knows?:):);)
(I checked google, but my taskbar doesn't have the options it says it's supposed to, so never mind...)
Haha well I am still mildly Apple-allergic myself, and while I have used them for past 10 years it was not from choice. I look forward to weaning myself off them in the coming months.
There is a bit of me which would like to go back to ๐Ÿ–Œ

Camino(s) past & future
Francรฉs ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francรฉs ('16)
Baztanรฉs/Francรฉs ('17)
Ingles ('18)
hahaha - cursor clicked into writing pane - right click your mouse - top of drop down window will be 'emojis' ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‚
You must be on a mac, David? I have no writing pane, just writing pain.
I donโ€™t see a โ€œDonโ€™t rustle plastic bags at 4:00 amโ€ emoji. The closest I see ๐Ÿ’ผ ๐Ÿ—ก ๐Ÿ’€.
Hahahahahaaa!!!
And the don't leave your TP aroubd emoji is?
How about the one for my poles are better than yours?

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
This thread is starting to sound like the NOT serious thread. Ha!
With all the use of more emojis pretty soon we all will stop using text, and comments will be like a new type of sign language! ;)
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘ŒโœŠโœŒโœ‹๐Ÿ‘Šโ˜๐Ÿ‘†๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘ˆ๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ‘‹

Camino(s) past & future
C/F: 2013, 2014
C/M: 2016
C/P: 2015, 2017
C/I: 2018
Voluntario: 2014 to 2018
Dear all,

I have upgraded the servers that the forum is running on this morning... long story short, among other things.... we now have emoji support ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ˜ณ ...so go wild :)

There will another upgrade in a few weeks with even more features... more on that later.

Greetings from cold Santiago,
Ivar
COOL! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜Ž

KJFSophie

My Way, With Joy !
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2014 & 2015 ) ,Via San Francesco, Italy (2017 )
Camino Portugese (2018 )
Dear all,

I have upgraded the servers that the forum is running on this morning... long story short, among other things.... we now have emoji support ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ˜ณ ...so go wild :)

There will another upgrade in a few weeks with even more features... more on that later.

Ivar
:) Thank you Ivar, for all of the good work you do...God Bless

Glamgrrl

Camino(s) past & future
Travel318
๐Ÿ‘€โค๏ธ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ–ผ๐Ÿ›๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ•™โ˜‘๏ธโฌ†๏ธ๐Ÿ”š๐Ÿ†’๐Ÿšบ๐Ÿšพ๐Ÿงโ™ป๏ธโœ…โ—๏ธ๐Ÿšฏ๐Ÿšฑ๐Ÿ“ดโ˜ฎ๏ธโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ–คโœ๏ธ๐Ÿšฐ๐Ÿšฝ๐Ÿ—‘โ›ช๏ธ๐Ÿž๐Ÿ”๐Ÿฐ๐ŸŒง๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ•๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿปโ€
Thatโ€™s what I got!! The recycle and garbage can could be useful reminders to throw โ€œall your waste awayโ€.

Camino(s) past & future
2013 CF
2014 Le Puy-St Jean. 2014&16 Volunteer St JP
2016 Portuguese
2017 Porto-Santiago
Dear all,

Ivar
Thanks Ivar
Happymark

stgcph

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
You must be on a mac, David? I have no writing pane, just writing pain.
Hahahahahaaa!!!
And the don't leave your TP aroubd emoji is?
How about the one for my poles are better than yours?
If right clicking doesnโ€™t bring up the emojis it could be a browser issue โ€“the functionality has to be implemented in your browser. Try a different one (works in Crome) ๐Ÿ‘€

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Invierno (2019)
Camino Frances (2021)
Dear all,

Ivar
๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค“๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Great, Ivar ... thank you!! โญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธ

Last week I took desperate measures, eg taking a screenshot of this ๐Ÿ˜ˆ , editing it, (making it occupy the whole page, ie huge) and then posting a thumbnail, like so:
51993FA8-6070-4A82-AF23-D9F908567DB4.jpeg
well it was the notserious thread .... ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Camino(s) past & future
Roncesvalles-SdC Apr-Jun 2015
Roncesvalles-Sarria Sep-Oct 2017
(2019: Planning to return!)
Ummm... Could someone tell me how/where to find the emojis? I can only see the usual smilies on the tool bar above the writing pane, and no joy right-clicking the mouse as suggested above. :( I'm using Chrome on a PC. What am I missing??:oops:

Ummm... Could someone tell me how/where to find the emojis? I can only see the usual smilies on the tool bar above the writing pane, and no joy right-clicking the mouse as suggested above. :( I'm using Chrome on a PC. What am I missing??:oops:
Where do you find the emojis you use elsewhere?
Ivarโ€™s upgrade allows us to use emojis as we would in emails, messages etc.
๐Ÿ€

Camino(s) past & future
Moissac to Santiago Spring 2005 was the first foray.
I am using a pc, Windows 10, on Chrome browser. works by right clicking my mouse when my cursor is clicked in the writing pane -
That doesn't work on Edge browser. Using Edge browser press and hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and then the period (full stop) key- emojis window appears - ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Camino(s) past & future
Success!!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜€โ˜˜๐Ÿ’๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ”“๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Found on my phone (Android) - thanks everyone!

(Edit: Huh - interesting, they all look different on the PC, though both are using Chrome)

Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP-Finisterre X 2, El Norte incompleto
Camino(s) past & future
1st Primitivo 2018
โšœ๏ธ๐Ÿ’Ÿโ˜ฏ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธ Haaa ha โžก๏ธ thanks Ivar all the ๐Ÿ’•your spreading round is not only entertaining ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜‚ but so funny reading ๐ŸŒ โค๏ธโ˜ฏ๏ธ๐Ÿ’Ÿโšœ๏ธ

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances-(2013/14/18
Camino Salvado Perth -(2015)
West Highland Way (2016)
Lyon France 2017
๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ‘ฃ Yay...thanks David, got it first time and, thanks Ivar for the upgrade.

Dancing Rain

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015)
Camino Salvado (2017)
Camino Frances (2018)
โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’œ

Thom

Camino(s) past & future
Planning on walking the Camino this fall, 2016.
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
But has anyone created a "peregrino" emoji yet?
Or a "scallop shell" emoji?

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, April, 2016
Frances: SJPP to Ponferrada April & October, 2017
Chemin du Puy April, 2018
Dear all,

Ivar
:)
Thank you Ivar. And, as always, thank you for this forum. It has been, and is, a great help to many.
All the best

Camino(s) past & future
September2016
Dear all,

I have upgraded the servers that the forum is running on this morning... plong story short, among other things.... we now have emoji support ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ˜ณ ...so go wild :)

Ivar
Thank you, Ivar
I look forward to reading this forum at least a couple of tunes a week. It keeps me connected to the passion I have for the Camino. I walked the Frances from Pamplona to Santiago in September 2016 and loved it. I plan to walk again next year.
Again. Thank you thank you thank you!
Karen๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธ

Last edited:
Control, Command, Space did it for me -- infinite emojis! Just don't want to spend any more time than I already do on the Forum!!

Love it Ivar. It is cold in the uk too.This is a bad time of year for us. Our son Daniel who died was born on Christmas Day. Why does Christmas in shops start so early.
๐Ÿ™:):rolleyes:o_O:p:p:D:eek::mad:๐Ÿ’–โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’ญ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ˜ญโœŒ๏ธ๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ™Š๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐ŸŒŽ๐ŸŒงโ›„๏ธ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒ™๐Ÿ”

Camino(s) past & future
Portugues in September
Dear all,

Ivar
๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

notion900

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
>
I'd like ๐Ÿต and ๐Ÿ™ please. But be careful about ๐Ÿ†
๐Ÿป ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฝ

Camino(s) past & future
Sarria to Santiago in 2015 and Camino Finisterre in September 2017
Dear all,

Ivar
Thanks Ivar, you're a star ๐ŸŒŸ ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐ŸŽ‰

igailfh

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Portuguรชs, Camino de Tejo (Fatima)
Thanks, Ivar, great work! I've never used emojis, but one day there may be a first time, lol.

Camino(s) past & future
Sept (2018)
Dear all,

Ivar

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Norte and Frances Sept 6 - Oct 11, 2016
Dear all,

Ivar
Youโ€™re the best Ivar

Sagiberg

Camino(s) past & future
Dear all,

Ivar
Thank you Ivar. ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ’ฅ

Camino(s) past & future
There are many different Pilgrim Routes and Caminos in life.
How could I have missed this? It works great from my Android. โ˜•โ˜” I must try it from my computer later today. โ˜บ

Camino(s) past & future
Looking at my emojis above..
Now I am on my computer, in wich I have Windows 10 and 3 different browsers. Microsoft Edge (never uses, hate it, have to remember to uninstall), Internet Explorer (This is what my old father uses and I use it to help show him how to do things via split/sheard screen on Skype.) and Mozilla Firefox (This is what my son uses and I have it so that we can help eachother out, while he is at sea.)

Right now I am using Firefox, and the emojis doesnยดt look the same as they did on my Android. So I have to remeber this when using them.. The coffe was in a cup with a plate and not in a mug, and with milk and the umbrella had a different cuter look and another colour (red).

After some research on the internet I came up with this, for Firefox.. 1. On Firefox you have to install an add on keyboard from an external source.. and 2. Window 10 says that there built in Emojis only works if you have an american keyboard. Wrong! Windows short command works! ๐Ÿ‘ Press the windows key + . (dot) Thats it! ๐Ÿ˜œ

Camino(s) past & future
I have now switched over to Internet Explorer..
From this browser all of my emojis that I wrote previously today looks black. And after researching this, I found out that IE dosnยดt support colours yet..

The emojis work the same (Windows 10) Press windows key + . (dot). โœ”๐Ÿ‘
But they are all black as you can see. ๐Ÿ‘€

โ˜บ๏ธโ˜‚๏ธ This is how they look copy + paste from https://emojipedia.org/

Edit: But they are all black as you can see.... If you are on Internet Explorer (IE), that is..

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
One more thing.. All the forum emojis from the bar above, has colour in both Firefox and IE. ;):D

Camino(s) past & future
Back on my Android (uses Crome) beautiful colours in every message from here. โ˜บ

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglรฉs 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglรฉs '15
Work on my phone (Android) but not on Linux (Chrome) - all I see there is black rectangle outlines. The old style ones still work well so I don't feel that I am missing much.

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999
Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francรฉs 1999
Last: Camino Inglรฉs 2018

Now: http://egeria.house/
๐Ÿ˜‡ Finally found them! Thanks @ivar! BC SY

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
Yoyo Announcements 2
Luther Announcements 16
ivar Announcements 2
ivar Announcements 0
ivar Announcements 91

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 191 24.3%