• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lost & Found Found!!! 5/12/22 - Travel Money Belt - 4 km outside of Pontvedra

Time of past OR future Camino
See signature.
Hi... anyone out there hear of a perigrino/a losing their money belt today? It was just lying on the path. I am sure someone wants it back. There is no ID inside. I have it and would very happily return it to the rightful owner if they can describe it and it's contents... I am in Pontevedra tonight (I suspect the unlucky perigrino/a is as well).

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi... anyone out there hear of a perigrino/a losing their money belt today? It was just lying on the path. I am sure someone wants it back. There is no ID inside. I have it and would very happily return it to the rightful owner if they can describe it and it's contents... I am in Pontevedra tonight (I suspect the unlucky perigrino/a is as well).
Wherever you are staying in Pontevedra you might tell your host and the local police so that your find might be known amongst all the local pilgrim accommodation sites.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I am talking to every perigrino I see. Unfortunately I am at a hotel... I did check the municipal Albergue earlier... no luck so far...
Do contact the local police office also. For the person who lost the money belt may have reported it lost to them.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Haha! Get this! So I posted my find everywhere... and someone saw a post I made on a camino Portugues fb site, who had seen another post earlier from a Spanish man who was desperate because he lost his cash! He said it "restored his faith in humanity" when he saw my message! Today was a good day... View attachment 137811
Hi Damien, seeing this post and this picture with two perigrinos glowing with joy was a great way to start my day...if only I were on the Camino with you🤩🥾🥾🌻

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Damien,
I’m 1 week post total reverse left shoulder replacement surgery and perhaps a bit maudlin, but your post and beaming faces made me cry. A lost and found story with many investigative turns and a happy Peregrino ending. Thank you and ongoing Buen Camino🚶🏻‍♂️🚶🏻‍♂️😘😘.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Damien, you persevered by taking many "extra steps" (pun?) to locate the owner and your persistence has paid off!
This is exactly the point. It's not always the EASY path we walk, that will take us to where we need to get to. In this case, you took the more difficult "road-less-travelled". Between posting everywhere, talking to everyone (including the police), and finally meeting up with the rightful owner, you did more than most would have, and not only did you reap the benefits (your glowing heart can be seen in your smile), but so did the other fellow. A beautiful example of how things ought to work when we embrace our humanity. Good for you, Damien!

Haha! Get this! So I posted my find everywhere... and someone saw a post I made on a camino Portugues fb site, who had seen another post earlier from a Spanish man who was desperate because he lost his cash! He said it "restored his faith in humanity" when he saw my message! Today was a good day... View attachment 137811
Such a wonderful person!!! Thank you from all of us peregrinos. My faith in humanity is at an all time high because of you!!!!

Haha! Get this! So I posted my find everywhere... and someone saw a post I made on a camino Portugues fb site, who had seen another post earlier from a Spanish man who was desperate because he lost his cash! He said it "restored his faith in humanity" when he saw my message! Today was a good day...
The best possible outcome. Such a great photo! Thank you Damien.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Damien, you persevered by taking many "extra steps" (pun?) to locate the owner and your persistence has paid off!
Thank you for sharing the photo of the happy outcome. I'm having a warm glow and it's not even Christmas day! 😊
Well done Damien. I found it really moving to see the two of you together.

Having a good time and doing a good turn? Nothing to fault with that.

€46,-
Well done, an excellent outcome!
We found a wad of cash in a plastic bag outside our albergue in O Pedrouzo in 2016. At the time I wasn’t on any forum, & didn’t think to check if such things existed, so we handed it into front reception, hoping it would make it’s way back to the owner. I still wonder if it did.

Haha! Get this! So I posted my find everywhere... and someone saw a post I made on a camino Portugues fb site, who had seen another post earlier from a Spanish man who was desperate because he lost his cash! He said it "restored his faith in humanity" when he saw my message! Today was a good day...
HE will be retelling this happy story for years!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
HE will be retelling this happy story for years!
So, you should see the reactions on the Spanish fb Portugues sites. Like, so many (500+) perigrinos blessing me for my actions. A good deal saying Santiago will reward my behavior... well, I've already been rewarded. The warm fuzzies associated with restoring a faith in humanity for a single perigrino is good for me.

Massive good karma Damien! I love the news of the avalanche of responses and hope you dine out on the warm fuzziness of all this for a long long time.

It's Christmastime, a great time to spread the Camino spirit. So here's a game. Today how about each of us find a way to do something inspired by what Damien did?
Something random and kind.
I'm in!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
My church does a "Light the World" project around this time of year. We are asked to do one nice thing to help someone every day during the month of December. Though some of the suggestions are Christian, most suggestions can be used by people of any spiritual ilk. Here is a list I found online.

Attachments

• IMG_5476.JPG
    IMG_5476.JPG
    319.4 KB · Views: 17
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Charity organisation here called " Pay it forward " . When you are in a shop that participates in this initiative ( visible with a sticker on their window ) you can " leave a donation " for a future customer who is in a less financially off situation than yourself. Was at a butcher today and donated some sausages. Might sound weird to donate meat but for some people this is becoming a luxury fooditem.

You can also " Pay it forward " at a hairdressers ( free haircut ) or a takeway coffee. Lovely to see that in our small town there are so many shopkeepers participating.

I needed this! Thank you, Damien, and everyone. So heart-warming and inspiring. Our small act today is to help reunite a child with a toy. A plush dinosaur with a pink sparkly belly, still wrapped in its original bag from the Smithsonian museum giftshop. 😊

It was found on the DC metro, with a credit card receipt showing that it was purchased by a man who shares my husband’s name. It landed in our possession after several mailings by kind-hearted individuals. But it’s been sitting on a shelf for the past couple months while we researched who might be the likely purchaser. Sadly, we had completely forgotten about it!!! I needed this reminder and inspiration. My husband came up with a good guess, after winnowing through dozens of people with his name. So off it goes to the post office, hopefully in time to surprise a father and child for Christmas. (With Christmas cards sent to the other caring strangers who included their own notes & investigations, getting the little dinosaur this far.) Thanks so much Damien for your wonderful and inspiring example, and to everyone else with yours!

Oh, wow, may that dino find its child. What a lovely post, @lalaone , and so like what happens on the camino when we find something another pilgrim has lost, and make a lot of effort to locate the owner. @Damien Reynolds I hope you don't mind us hijacking the wonderful thread you started - to be honest, I'm still a little high on your story.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Oh, wow, may that dino find its child. What a lovely post, @lalaone , and so like what happens on the camino when we find something another pilgrim has lost, and make a lot of effort to locate the owner. @Damien Reynolds I hope you don't mind us hijacking the wonderful thread you started - to be honest, I'm still a little high on your story.
So when Rafa asked me what he could do to repay me, all I told him was "do the same thing for someone else". I am humbled by the responses here... hijack away and I hope you all enjoy the gift of helping someone if you are inspired to, in whatever context that means to you.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back