• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lost & Found (Found) Lost my credit card between Larrasoaña and Pamplona

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Good luck reuniting with it! This is one of my fears of my daughter travelling alone a month after me - she seems to always be losing stuff like this - it makes me so nervous! Especially if she loses her card after I had home (there will be an overlap where we are both somewhere in Spain).

If possible, take two or more different cards and keep them in separate places. For me, one in my wallet, another in my day pack, and a third in my big pack (I use the transport service).

Also, I have a duplicate copy of my ATM card and keep them separate. The account is the same but, if one is lost, no one else would likely be able to use it because a PIN is required.

I have never understood why a PIN is not required for a credit card purchase. At most gasoline stations, you have to enter your billing address zip code. But, anywhere else, no ID is required. Maybe I am missing something here, but it doesn’t seem to make sense.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Since I was robbed on the train from the airport in Barcelona on the way home from my second camino in 2007, I have sewn an inner pocket into all my trousers. There I keep some euros, an extra creditcard, identification, health information and personal contacts.
Hope you get your your card back, Feetzgerald!

So as the title says I've lost a credit card, but apparently it was picked up by some other pilgrims and they plan to leave it for me somewhere in Pamplona. If this is you, please get in touch and let me know where to collect it. Thanks!
Have you got it yet?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Try using Google pay to store online copies of cards and tickets, and don't lose your phone !

Late update! But the magic of the Camino showed itself.

I started walking back to see if I could find it. Bumped into a woman pilgrim who asked if anything was wrong and I explained the situation. She told me that a man had found it and picked it up and was going to leave it in Pamplona for me. He must have passed right by me!

About an hour or so later I'm just nearing Pamplona. I got into a cafe and see a pilgrim. I begin to explain my situation in English and then in broken Spanish, but he's French and speaks little English. Then suddenly his face lights up and says "ah, credit card!" and digs into his travel pouch and brings out my card. I'm so relieved that I'm thanking him in every language I know and offer to buy him a 'cafe au lait' which he gracefully accepts. We then sit together with our coffees and attempt to communicate in what little we know of each others languages, with help from a French woman who speaks a bit of English.

I guess my days of being an English Francophobe are over. Vive la France!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Late update! But the magic of the Camino showed itself.

I started walking back to see if I could find it. Bumped into a woman pilgrim who asked if anything was wrong and I explained the situation. She told me that a man had found it and picked it up and was going to leave it in Pamplona for me. He must have passed right by me!

About an hour or so later I'm just nearing Pamplona. I got into a cafe and see a pilgrim. I begin to explain my situation in English and then in broken Spanish, but he's French and speaks little English. Then suddenly his face lights up and says "ah, credit card!" and digs into his travel pouch and brings out my card. I'm so relieved that I'm thanking him in every language I know and offer to buy him a 'cafe au lait' which he gracefully accepts. We then sit together with our coffees and attempt to communicate in what little we know of each others languages, with help from a French woman who speaks a bit of English.

I guess my days of being an English Francophobe are over. Vive la France!

Love it. Classic Camino magic.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Since I was robbed on the train from the airport in Barcelona on the way home from my second camino in 2007, I have sewn an inner pocket into all my trousers. There I keep some euros, an extra creditcard, identification, health information and personal contacts.
Hope you get your your card back, Feetzgerald!
Can you share the details of how you were robbed please?

Can you share the details of how you were robbed please?
When I was to leave the train at Saints, going from the airport in Barcelona, somebody pressed me from behind and stopped me in front. I got a bit irritated because I wanted to get off the train. When I got off I noticed that my wallet was gone, and I told it to an English woman who sat next to me. She told me she had seen somebody trying to stop me and that they did not leave the train. I went into the train again and cried out about being robbed. I saw the people that robbed me but they refused to give me back my things. Went off at the next station and took the train back to Saints where I went to policeoffice. i was not alone. Several people was in front of me in the queue. I was without my passport, without money, luckily with another creditcard than the ones being robbed.
After this happening,many years ago on my second camino in 2007, I always take more care, have more secret places to keep valuables, always have copies of my passport and some hidden money.
Afterwards I learned thet this was a typical method of robbing people, and on my way home from Barcelona I could see the persons in actions again. It was possible on the trains because you could travel all day on a ticket if you did not leave the train. So a lot of people had their working day robbing people on the airportline.
Always taking the bus from the airport after that, there youhave to show a ticket for each trip.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Many years ago I started traveling with my wallet in my front pocket, after all who is going to go there.without my knowledge.
I would never trust one of of those over/around the neck thingies after hearing a story about a guy who got robbed in his sleep in an albergue in Ciizur Menor. He suspected it was a .......non pilgrim.
I also travel with an expired US Passport with as few dollars and Euros tucked inside in case I get held up. I can hand them the the goods they are looking for and walk away much safer and smarter knowing that perhaps a few blocks away they realize the error in their ways.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back