A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

(FOUND!) missing person in Najera region!|

LJW

Camino(s) past & future
not yet
Hi All, my mum is walking the Camino Frances. Tricia S., 69 year old British lady from Dorset, walking the Camino alone. 5ft 6, short dark brown hair, green eyes, talks to anyone and everyone! We know she stayed in Viana on Tues night (17th April) and was due to reach Najera yesterday. We have heard nothing from her since Tues eve and this is very unusual. Has anyone come across her and knows if she's OK? We don't know if she's simply lost her phone (but she's not emailed or rung so am a bit worried). thanks for your help x

Moderator note:
The missing mum has been located and all is well!
For Privacy concerns.. Tricia's full name has been edited and her pictures deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisment

Chris66

Castanja di Compostella
Camino(s) past & future
walking the Camino Frances in april 2018
Hi, maybe a picture of her will help. Hope she's ok!

Camino(s) past & future
April 2017 Sarria to Santiago de Compostela
Just been through there and now in Burgos. WiFi has been difficult so maybe she hasn't been able to get on. Hope that is the reason. Keep us posted please.

LJW

Camino(s) past & future
not yet
Just been through there and now in Burgos. WiFi has been difficult so maybe she hasn't been able to get on. Hope that is the reason. Keep us posted please.
thanks that's helpful to know. will keep you posted

Lucho

Camino(s) past & future
Frances Apr/May '18
I'm a few stages ahead so I wouldn't have seen her but I'll say if she doesn't check in today maybe you might consider messaging albergues with her photo in case they've seen her. Not all have WhatsApp, but some do so it's worth a shot. If you want a Spanish phrase to accompany the photo, I can provide a translation for you.

Advertisment

LJW

Camino(s) past & future
not yet
I'm a few stages ahead so I wouldn't have seen her but I'll say if she doesn't check in today maybe you might consider messaging albergues with her photo in case they've seen her. Not all have WhatsApp, but some do so it's worth a shot. If you want a Spanish phrase to accompany the photo, I can provide a translation for you.
thanks for your offer of help - very kind. We have been calling the albuerge's where we think she could have stayed and the police have offered to help if we have no luck

Houlet

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2014
Via de la Plata 2015
Camino Sanabres 2015
Camino Norde 2017
I doubt if I can help but I will be in Logroño Sunday and along that stretch early next week. I'm sure the wifi will be the problem.

kiwi99

Camino(s) past & future
Partial 2017
Hi All, my mum is walking the Camino Frances. Tricia Smallcalder, 69 year old British lady from Dorset, walking the Camino alone. 5ft 6, short dark brown hair, green eyes, talks to anyone and everyone! We know she stayed in Viana on Tues night (17th April) and was due to reach Najera yesterday. We have heard nothing from her since Tues eve and this is very unusual. Has anyone come across her and knows if she's OK? We don't know if she's simply lost her phone (but she's not emailed or rung so am a bit worried). thanks for your help x
Hi there, myself and two others had dinner with Tricia in Viana. She was very well. Stayed at Albergue Municipal, albergue Andres Munoz. She was using a bag transfer company. We think Jacotrans. She had collected her bag in Viana from hotel Palacio Dr Pujadas. Hope all is well. Gerard

Camino(s) past & future
Nearly every year since 2006, often walking more than one route. 2018 will be Camino #14.
Not to upset you, but it's possible she just wants to disconnect for a while?
Many pilgrims do this while walking -- it's so nice not to have to use electronics/internet.

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%