• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Framing documents

Bradtheknife

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning May/June 2016
I'm finally getting around to framing my various documents. I know this has been discussed in the past; but the threads are old, and weren't very helpful.

I'm finally getting around to framing. I have a Compostala, a Finisterrana, a Certificate of Distance, my Pilgrim Passport (both sides have stamps), my wooden walking staff and my scallop shell. That's a lot to frame up... does anyone have a good solution?

Some ideas:
Set the scallop shell in a resin mold, which could then be incorporated into the frame structure, or kept separate,
Cast the pilgrim passport in a UV resistant resin block, that way both sides can be viewed
Frame the Finisterrana separately, and the Compostela and Distance Certificate together
Cut up my walking stick to make frame
Compostela and Distance Certificate side by each and the Pilgrim Passport below (sacrifice one side)

Putting it all in one frame seems like a lot... I would end up with a huge frame that would look awkward on any wall.

Has anyone found a perfect solution/configuration?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I have not frames mine either... But I framed a map of the Frances in 'medieval' style. Looks quite awesome, and if people ask, then I may open the little document folder that keeps the other ones :)

Do you feel like you need to have them all framed? If so, go for it! If not, choose the ones that mean the most to you.
Some time ago a user posted a nice photo of his credential framed, with a photo of him near one of the marking stones. It was simple and very beautiful :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Can you share a photo with us please?
I will try to take a decent one with natural light later, night lamps do not help :p The poster map I purchased at the Cathedral shop, they had beautiful ones.
Just to clarify, the document folder is not part of the frame. Pretty much like @falcon269, I keep it in a cabinet!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You have 3 certificates and if that doesn't work out well for a frame you could make up a fourth item for framing by using a map or an imprint of the sole of your boot.

You could hang the stick horizontally and have the passport and shell (and maybe other things like photos) hanging from the stick. Maybe have the framed certificates hanging from the middle of the stick.

Edit: Sorry @Nate Bissonette , this is much like your idea but I didn't read your post until after I posted mine.

Last edited:
I ended up with two full credencials, but when you unfold the accordion, the stamps are all on one side of each. I had them framed together, unfolded and one above the other. I framed the distance certfificate and the Fisterra separately but in a way that the three look good when hung together. They are hanging in my bedroom where the person most interested in seeing them can do so. :)

My Compostela is in a frame I got at the pilgrim's office in SdC, at the same time as the Compostela itself. It is on my desk at work.

I'm finally getting around to framing my various documents. I know this has been discussed in the past; but the threads are old, and weren't very helpful.

I'm finally getting around to framing. I have a Compostala, a Finisterrana, a Certificate of Distance, my Pilgrim Passport (both sides have stamps), my wooden walking staff and my scallop shell. That's a lot to frame up... does anyone have a good solution?

Some ideas:
Set the scallop shell in a resin mold, which could then be incorporated into the frame structure, or kept separate,
Cast the pilgrim passport in a UV resistant resin block, that way both sides can be viewed
Frame the Finisterrana separately, and the Compostela and Distance Certificate together
Cut up my walking stick to make frame
Compostela and Distance Certificate side by each and the Pilgrim Passport below (sacrifice one side)

Putting it all in one frame seems like a lot... I would end up with a huge frame that would look awkward on any wall.

Has anyone found a perfect solution/configuration?

Attachments

• DAA9EDEC-03A2-497B-8B14-370938A40CBC.jpeg
    DAA9EDEC-03A2-497B-8B14-370938A40CBC.jpeg
    410.9 KB · Views: 59
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back