• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

France guidebook

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances SJPDP--->SDC (Dates TBD)
Bonjour, mes amis,

I'm curious to find out if there's a guidebook that goes the route from Paris to St. Jean? I have the Brierley for the SJPDP to SDC route and the SDC to Finisterre/Muxia, but was thinking of starting my Camino closer to Paris. Thanks for your help.

Buen Camino,
WanderingChristian

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
For an English description of this French route see the new 2012 book La Via Turonensis from Paris to Spain - on Kindle. >> http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008KNIPM4/?tag=casaivar02-20 Written by fellow Forum member Silvia Nilsen this is a MUST for anyone seeking an up to date account of walking this historic route. You don't need a Kindle to read it since it can be easily downloaded to a PC.

Bon Chemin and Buen Camino,

Margaret

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks for the quick feedback, amigos. I've heard the Chemin from Paris is not well marked, but we shall see. For now, just considering walking from Paris for a couple of days, then bus or train Bayonne and resume walking to St Jean and on to the Camino Frances. I've always wanted to see Paris, and thought starting my Camino there would be a good way.

Buen Camino,
:cool: WanderingChristian :arrow:

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Robert,

This is a very good complete guide to the Paris - Chartres - Châteaudun - Tours route. I own an earlier edition which was bought directly from the publisher Lepère Editions, 13 le Bourg, 27270 Grand Camp./Tel: +33.(0)2.32.46.34.99 - +33.(0)6.60.97.92.16 /Horaires: 9h-12h, 14h-18h.

Here is a link to order directly from them. >> http://www.chemin-compostelle.fr/boutique.htm. You might have it sent to your Paris hotel.

In Paris you might try any FNAC bookstore or the bookstore of Le Vieux Campeur which is THE outdoors store in Paris. Their main address is 48 Rue des Écoles 75005 Paris/tel. 01 53 10 48 48.

Bon Chemin,

Margaret

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back