• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD France Lockdown Again — Oct. 28, 2020

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

LesBrass

Likes Walking
Time of past OR future Camino
yes...
We've just watched president Macron tell us that we'll be in lockdown now until December. This hasn't come as a huge surprise.

Details will be announced tomorrow but if there are any pilgrims walking in France at the moment and need help then please get in touch... if we can do anything then we will.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
🙁 did Sara walk on or is she informed?
Hi Ivar ! Yes , I sent her the update right after the speech . She is at Colleen’s tonight (@LesBrass).

She will have to make a quick decision. Sunday the latest she must be flying back to Canada or staying in France . She is most welcome to come and stay with me in Brittany
M

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Anyone in France on Tours route or other routes near to Poitiers, let me know if you need help. There is a guest house, small and a bit scruffy but independent.

We've just watched president Macron tell us that we'll be in lockdown now until December. This hasn't come as a huge surprise.

Details will be announced tomorrow but if there are any pilgrims walking in France at the moment and need help then please get in touch... if we can do anything then we will.
True pilgrim response, and I am happier as a result of seeing your post, and also Rozenn‘s. Forgive me for a bit of a side track. There is a reputed headstone inscription on a grave in the North of Scotland: Here lies Martin Elginbrod, hae mercy on my soul, Lord God, As I wid dae, were I Lord God, and ye were Martin Elginbrod. So, the meaning? I would also do as you do, if I lived where you live! Take note, any pilgrims stuck in Dublin.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
She's currently enjoying a cuppa here with me along with another German Pilgrim... they can stay as long as they need

I just left a comment about it on her Youtube channel, asking what she would do. OK, now I know. I'm sure she will make a wise decision.
🙁 did Sara walk on or is she informed?
News from Sara she sent me a texto this morning She will be flying back to Canada wednesday from Paris
She had been thinking of goin g to a different country to walk but lockdown makes it uncertain

This is very wise. Europe

News from Sara she sent me a texto this morning She will be flying back to Canada wednesday from Paris
She had been thinking of goin g to a different country to walk but lockdown makes it uncertain

This is very wise. Europe
Thanks Rozenn,

I guess there was no other choice. I hope there are still a few episodes left for her to post on Youtube - I'm following each and every one of her stages!

BP

She had been thinking of going to a different country to walk but lockdown makes it uncertain

Personnaly i think this is very wise. Europe and especially France after the terrorist attack in Nice basilica , is not a safe place to be right now
Very deep sadnest all over the country and the fear of new attacks is worse than the one of Coronavirus
We have 40000 churches and chapels ... impossible to protect especially this coming All Saints week end ! Fingers crossed

Quote Reply

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thanks Rozenn,
;;;
I guess there was no other choice. I hope there are still a few episodes left for her to post on Youtube - I'm following each and every one of her stages!

BP
me too i am thrilled by her hikes and her stamina and her always good mood... such a motivation !!The videos are short, lively with the essential info . My project this winter and coming lockdown (at least 6 weeks!) is to get the skills to be able to videoreport my future Caminos next spring or summer or asp !She has inspired me!!

By Wednesday Sara will know the kilometre around my home very very well... as we're restricted to walking locally. But today we walked to the boulangerie (with our attastation/papers giving us permission) and tomorrow we're walking along some of the GR routes here... the weather is glorious and perfect for walking! it's such a shame we can't walk further!

By Wednesday Sara will know the kilometre around my home very very well... as we're restricted to walking locally. But today we walked to the boulangerie (with our attastation/papers giving us permission) and tomorrow we're walking along some of the GR routes here... the weather is glorious and perfect for walking! it's such a shame we can't walk further!
Yes! All back to one Km perimeter again ! But so lucky not to be closed in a big in a tiny flat !!
we can walk on the beach this time but no surf no kite no windsurf for the crowd of addicts here !!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I've just marked and mapped my 1km around my French village. Back to UK on Monday, or us , papers ready, ferry booked for Monday night. We cancelled our Nov. trip to N.Spain.

I've just marked and mapped my 1km around my French village. Back to UK on Monday, or us , papers ready, ferry booked for Monday night. We cancelled our Nov. trip to N.Spain.
Have a nice trip
Back home!Where do you take your ferry from??

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Caen-Ouistreham to Portsmouth.
Not so many ferry routes operating now.

Caen-Ouistreham to Portsmouth.
Not so many ferry routes operating now.
Yes, Brittany Ferries here in Roscoff like Plymouth Roscoff, Plymouth Santander or Bilbao, and more routes are cancelled until march2021

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Nothing now from St. Malo or Cherbourg

Hi Ivar ! Yes , I sent her the update right after the speech . She is at Colleen’s tonight (@LesBrass).

She will have to make a quick decision. Sunday the latest she must be flying back to Canada or staying in France . She is most welcome to come and stay with me in Brittany
M
God bless you Rozenn

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back