• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD France

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Time of past OR future Camino
100 characters or fewer : see signature details
I can't see that this has been posted on the forum.

Please check official Government and Embassy websites - - but unless something changes, then from 1st August, it's unlikely that any covid restrictions at all for entry will persist.

But please do double check - - I'm on the Camino in Portugal, not at home in France, so that I have less access to the direct sources than I would like.

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I can't see that this has been posted on the forum.

A few days ago, the French Government suffered a defeat in Parliament, meaning that the proposed extension to Sanitary Pass restrictions into the country past the end of the month was defeated.

Please check official Government and Embassy websites - - but unless something changes, then from 1st August, it's not unlikely that no covid restrictions at all for entry will persist.

But please do double check - - I'm on the Camino in Portugal, not at home in France, so that I have less access to the direct sources than I would like.
You started me thinking about some of the stories I am hearing about redirected flights, and now I wonder if I prepared for landing in one country and the airplane wound up in another country how they handle the absence of proper paperwork for the unexpected landing somewhere--but maybe by the time I fly over there, most places will have tossed requirements anyway!!👏

The current requirement for a sanitary pass in France is time limited. It falls away on July 31st. The proposal to extend the date was, recently, not approved. There is still time for the proposal to be put forwards again, so referring to official sources nearer the time would be sensible.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Here's a reason for my circumspection.

As things stand now, the French Senate has reintroduced a possibility of demanding a negative test of foreign travellers.

And entirely reasonably, introduced amendments to allow travellers from France to the rest of the EU to be able to comply with the EU Pass system, which persists 'til June 2023.

Bottom line for pilgrims coming to France though, and particularly the Francigena ones, is that things are quite likely to become easier from next month, although that is still speculation at this point. The Senate has not introduced amendments to practically allow the Pass requirements to persist into August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back