• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Francigena passport

Hi fellow caminers, does anyone know if there is a specific stamp passport available for the Francigena and, when starting
in Lucca, where we could apply or get one?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi fellow caminers, does anyone know if there is a specific stamp passport available for the Francigena and, when starting
in lucca you can get stamps in san michele in foro, in san frediano and in casa boia. credencials and guides are sold in casa boia. casa boia is close to where VF leaves lucca.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I walked the VF March to June this year.
Here's what my credenziali looked like; front & back.
I had no problem obtaining stamps from accommodation each night.
Happy trails,
👣 🌏
20191122_004550-979x1305.jpg20191122_004644-979x1305.jpg

Last edited:
We got ours in Lucca at the tourist info shop next to the main gate of the city

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi, if you go to the website santiagodecompostela.me you can order one for a few euros.i did this walk from Switzerland to Rome and it is amazing.when you get to the Vatican the Swiss guards treat you very well Good luck and Buon Camino

Hi!
The credential can be requested at Lucca:

Tourist Information Office (http://www.turismo.lucca.it), Vecchia Porta San Donato - Piazzale Verdi (phone 0039 0583 583150) - turismolucca@metrosrl.it. Open every day from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm from April 1st to October 31st and from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm from November 1st to March 31st
Francigena Entry Point (http://www.viafrancigenaentrypoint.eu), via dei Bacchettoni, 8 rampart san Salvatore. (phone: 0039 0583 496554 – 0039 0583 493825) - info@viafrancigenaentrypoint.eu. Open from April to November every day 10:00 / 18:00. From December to March open Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 to 18:00.

In the Lucca section you can request the credential or the stamp in the following others points:
Pietrasanta - Urp office of the Municipality (Piazza Matteotti). phone 0039 0584 795234 N. B. (only the stamp)
Camaiore - URP office of the Municipality (piazza S. Bernardino). phone 0039 0584 986202
Capannori - La Salana Hostel (via del Popolo 182) Cel. +39 339 7237912, info@ostellolasalana.it
Altopascio - Municipal Library (Piazza Ospitalieri). phone 0039 0583 - 216525

👋

Hi, if you go to the website santiagodecompostela.me you can order one for a few euros.i did this walk from Switzerland to Rome and it is amazing.when you get to the Vatican the Swiss guards treat you very well Good luck and Buon Camino
Thank you for the info and the good wishes.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi!

Tourist Information Office (http://www.turismo.lucca.it), Vecchia Porta San Donato - Piazzale Verdi (phone 0039 0583 583150) - turismolucca@metrosrl.it. Open every day from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm from April 1st to October 31st and from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm from November 1st to March 31st
Francigena Entry Point (http://www.viafrancigenaentrypoint.eu), via dei Bacchettoni, 8 rampart san Salvatore. (phone: 0039 0583 496554 – 0039 0583 493825) - info@viafrancigenaentrypoint.eu. Open from April to November every day 10:00 / 18:00. From December to March open Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 to 18:00.

In the Lucca section you can request the credential or the stamp in the following others points:
Pietrasanta - Urp office of the Municipality (Piazza Matteotti). phone 0039 0584 795234 N. B. (only the stamp)
Camaiore - URP office of the Municipality (piazza S. Bernardino). phone 0039 0584 986202
Capannori - La Salana Hostel (via del Popolo 182) Cel. +39 339 7237912, info@ostellolasalana.it

👋
Thank you very much for the info.

This passport looks soooo great.
😁 You should see them full!
It took two VF passports (double sided; one side for stamps & the other side stamps & a map) + a separate one for the PWC...thats a lot of stamp collecting!
20191122_201127.jpg
Enjoy your planning. 😊
👣 🌏

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

😁 You should see them full!
It took two VF passports (double sided; one side for stamps & the other side stamps & a map) + a separate one for the PWC...thats a lot of stamp collecting!
View attachment 66916
Enjoy your planning. 😊
👣 🌏
yeah, well, I had to contend with a booklet-type numbered official credential which does not unfold pretilly at all. :confused: jealous!

Hi!

👋
francigena entry point is in fact in casa boia, so they are one and the same.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
yeah, well, I had to contend with a booklet-type numbered official credential which does not unfold pretilly at all. :confused: jealous!
Never mind...your type may not impressively concertina but it was probably more durable! 😄

Never mind...your type may not impressively concertina but it was probably more durable! 😄
durability still does not trump the unfoldability. I like it when I can unfold my credencial (at home, for a random example) and admire all my stamps (and show them off to my mom). and I have two of these booklets because I like collecting my stamps very much, and I can't unfold them. 😭
...finally got that off my chest... :)

durability still does not trump the unfoldability. I like it when I can unfold my credencial (at home, for a random example) and admire all my stamps (and show them off to my mom). and I have two of these booklets because I like collecting my stamps very much, and I can't unfold them. 😭
...finally got that off my chest... :)
Glad to oblige @caminka...& commiserations 😌 Yes...I do have to admit I like the grand unfolding revealing the dazzling array of stamps 😇 As the VF went on, I had that big sweeping arm movement down to a fine art!
My suggestion for you; you'll just have to do the walks again...this time with a 'proper' credenziale! 🚶‍♀️😂 🤗
👣 🌏

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Glad to oblige @caminka...& commiserations 😌 Yes...I do have to admit I like the grand unfolding revealing the dazzling array of stamps 😇 As the VF went on, I had that big sweeping arm movement down to a fine art!
My suggestion for you; you'll just have to do the walks again...this time with a 'proper' credenziale! 🚶‍♀️😂 🤗
👣 🌏
thank you, @kazrobbo! 😀 (there's no huggy smiley?)
oh, I am definitely doing another one, definitely. and making my own credencial again. 😜

francigena entry point is in fact in casa boia, so they are one and the same.

Hi. Of course yes. :)👍
Only the name "Casa del Boia" does not appear in all the guides. And it is usually known more by those who have already done the Via Francigena.

Most read last week in this forum

The official Via Francigena site has published a list of free walks ** happening in 2024. If you happen to be passing through you might want to take part - or avoid that section that day. (**...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back