• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Free App For The Camino Del Baztán

NualaOC

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
A few and hopefully lots more.
I discovered this by accident yesterday when looking at the Editorial Buen Camino website. I used their guidebook for the Camino Primitivo last year and really liked its format. When I noticed that they also have an app, I tried to download one for the Norte.

It turns out that when you download the free app, you automatically get the one for the Baztán. This gives an idea of how the app looks and feels, so that users can then decide if they want to buy one of the others. A very cool idea!

Here's a (google) translation of what it says on the website:
The routes included are the French Way, the Aragonese Way, the Way of the Baztán, the Primitivo Way and the Way of the North . The App gives by default the guide of the Way of the Baztán so that you know how our guides are. And, if you like, you can buy another route at a much lower price than in book format (and with much more information!). Thanks to your purchase, we can continue to improve the app constantly.

My initial impression of the app is that it's very clear, easy to use and visually-pleasing. It has maps, profiles and information on each place along the way. The route and accommodation information seems very up to date (recent changes appear to have been incorporated).

Hope this helps anyone thinking about walking this lesser travelled path.

Nuala (the self-appointed Baztán ambassador!)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
You should really get your accreditation from the Navarra board of tourism....

Actually, where should you get the credentials for this CAmino? I am thinking about following it in June, any ideas/help?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Actually, where should you get the credentials for this CAmino? I am thinking about following it in June, any ideas/help?
I got one in Cathedral in Bayonne last year. I think there are 'amigos' in the Cathedral during the season. I got one from the sacristan in the sacristy in October. Door on the right at the top of the church. Knock!!

Hi @amancio, as @timr said, you can pick up a credencial in Bayonne Cathedral. They also have a list of the albergues and other accommodation along the way.

I prepared some notes about this Camino last year, which you might find helpful. This one is an overview of the route and this post has details of our stages etc. Let me know if you need any other info.

Wow, thanks Nuala! I am hoping to be doing this camino around the same time of the year as you did, I just hope it is not so muddy! And I will indeed bear in mind Sundays and Mondays for finding a place to eat.! Muchas gracias!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back