• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Free Beer

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I'll be walking out of SJPP on April 17th. Any forum member who identifies themselves to me gets a free beer at the next village.
Damn, Robert, why didn't you brought that up about two months ago. I would choose CF over Levante and indentifying myself several times a day to you :rolleyes::p

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Could be a Picachu on the pack too........

Now there is a Picachu on the pack. Just had to add a loop to secure him to my pack.

Updated Avatar......

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I'll be walking out of SJPP on April 17th. Any forum member who identifies themselves to me gets a free beer at the next village.
Hi Robert, I begin my journey at the 18th of April in Sjpdp. That makes me a day behind. Mabe we meet along the way and when not , I wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Hello RobertS26,
My name is John.
I will be walking through the village of Loxton in Somerset tomorrow.
Can I have my beer please:rolleyes:
By the way, you are starting on my birthday so I expect you will have a wonderful day:p
Buen Camino

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Wonderful! My husband John and I start on the 17th as well. I'll have a Camino Forum patch on my jacket... We're excited! Hope to meet you all... Ning

On behalf of the local brewery guilds of france et espana , we thank you kindly :)
o_O:):cool:
At any rate...very best wishes!! Onwards and upwards....
Buen camino!!

Won't you all have a jolly time! My husband is leaving St JPdP that day as well for Orisson. He doesn't have a forum badge, I have one on my rucksack and following in two weeks after Burgos. But you will know who he is. He looks very English, is a septagenarian (!?) with a grey Osprey rucksack.

Ultreia!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Won't you all have a jolly time! My husband is leaving St JPdP that day as well for Orisson. He doesn't have a forum badge, I have one on my rucksack and following in two weeks after Burgos. But you will know who he is. He looks very English, is a septagenarian (!?) with a grey Osprey rucksack.

Ultreia!
Hi, I mis the beer because I begin my journey at the 18th. Wish your husband well ( mabe we meet along the way ) and a Buen Camino , Peter .

I bringing some extra Euros to buy all my Forum friends a cold one. Buen Camino, everyone!
Crikey! I was going to ask you if there was any possibility you might postpone for a month, but now I'm thinking it could take you three months to get to Santiago. I mean there are an awful lot of next villages. As St Patrick said, 'May the road rise up to meet you'.

I've found when the road does rise up to meet me I've had enough beer. :rolleyes:

Buen Camino to you all.

I've found when the road does rise up to meet me I've had enough beer. :rolleyes:

Buen Camino to you all.
Well, yes Stephen. As a genuine Irishman, maybe you can explain to us why such a beautiful prayer should begin with 'I hope you fall down a lot'.

Peregrinopaul, I don't know. I can only suggest that something has been lost in translation. ;)

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FREE BEER!

OK I'll be on the VdlP not the CF but in my lifetime experience, I get a free beer, I buy one back and so on................and before you know it we have both racked up substantial bar bills. :)

There may be a lot of pleasure in it but I reiterate, there is no such thing as free beer. :mad:

What's the result, Robert? We want to know!!! :p

This is like torture drink a 1906 for me. Your not one of those people that walk 45 klicks a day are you? Seems to be a lot of thirsty pilgrims tryin to catch you

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back