• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Free "Buen Camino" audio book for students of Spanish

Time of past OR future Camino
This may be of interest to those who have studied one or two years of Spanish...or for those determined souls who have minimal Spanish but don't mind slogging through a Spanish book with the assistance of Saint Google for those more obscure words and phrases.

In the past, I have used this book as part of a pre-Camino class for my basic and intermediate Spanish classes.
It is a "graded reader," which means the level of Spanish gradually increases as you make your way through the book.
It tells the story of "Jenna," a young woman from the USA who wins a scholarship to travel to Spain and do the Camino.
The author, Mercedes Meier, has generously made audio files of the book available for free (chapters not in chronological order, so hunt around for the correct chapter number).
If you want to read along, you can purchase the book on Amazon.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Wow, I love this! Just ordered book and audible download so I can read and listen at the same time. I want to practice my Spanish before my Camino in August and what better way than to read about the adventure. Thank you so much.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
This may be of interest to those who have studied one or two years of Spanish...or for those determined souls who have minimal Spanish but don't mind slogging through a Spanish book with the assistance of Saint Google for those more obscure words and phrases.

In the past, I have used this book as part of a pre-Camino class for my basic and intermediate Spanish classes.
It is a "graded reader," which means the level of Spanish gradually increases as you make your way through the book.
It tells the story of "Jenna," a young woman from the USA who wins a scholarship to travel to Spain and do the Camino.
The author, Mercedes Meier, has generously made audio files of the book available for free (chapters not in chronological order, so hunt around for the correct chapter number).
If you want to read along, you can purchase the book on Amazon.
Hey Stinky Pilgrim, very interesting those audio files of the book with a camino story.
Don't know how to make a (free) download of the audio to my PC, help me please?

Hey Stinky Pilgrim, very interesting those audio files of the book with a camino story.
Don't know how to make a (free) download of the audio to my PC, help me please?
Hola, Jacobs Noël: Sadly, there is no download available, as far as I can tell. You must stream the files to listen to them. If I am mistaken about this, someone please correct me.

That said, if you buy the book, they might let you download the files, as explained here. Also, CndR purchased the book and appears to have gotten the downloads with it. 😊

Last edited:
For those of you who may be interested, please check out the link attached: https://www.pdfdrive.com/
There are lots of eBooks to download for free including learning Spanish.
PDF Drive is a free search engine which allows you to search, preview and download millions of PDF files into your devices. Our crawlers are constantly scanning the world wide web to add PDF files to our database. In the case that PDF files are withdrawn from the web, then they are also immediately withdrawn from PDF Drive search results. In this way, our PDF Drive library stays up-to-date, while continuously growing and offering you an enormous database to search. In addition to the traditional search engines, PDF Drive has these extra features:

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hola, Jacobs Noël: Sadly, there is no download available, as far as I can tell. You must stream the files to listen to them. If I am mistaken about this, someone please correct me.

That said, if you buy the book, they might let you download the files, as explained here. Also, CndR purchased the book and appears to have gotten the downloads with it. 😊
Hey guys ... Just to clarify, I purchase the book from Amazon Prime, then I purchased the audible files from the app Audible. I have a subscription with Audible, so I just used the credit. Sorry if my post was misleading.
I have not received the book yet, but already have access to the Audible version and I am enjoying the story. :)

I read and listened to Buen Camino when I did CF. It was 3 separate books but perhaps now it has been consolidated. It's about a young american girl who wins a high school competition for her Spanish and decides to walk the CF on her own. She meets up with people, has some scary moments, and there is a bit of a love story as well. I would say it's low intermediate spanish at most. I actually read it again when I returned for practice. It's a simple read and I enjoyed Mercedes voice and spanish accent.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I actually ordered the whole set of books. They gradually get more complex, but evenually the girl gets almost to Santiago by the end of the series. I think it would be most interesting for a teen or tween learning Spanish, but it also worked for a 59 year-old.

I actually ordered the whole set of books. They gradually get more complex, but evenually the girl gets almost to Santiago by the end of the series. I think it would be most interesting for a teen or tween learning Spanish, but it also worked for a 59 year-old.
You can now get the whole set in one tome via the link I provided.

Well, while we're on the topic, I'll go ahead and recommend one more "audiolibro" for those wanting to improve listening comprehension and to pick up some new vocabulary (such as "palito de selfie" 😉).

This one is narrated by an actual pilgrim - Margot Rubilar - who offers a very pleasant reflection on and summary of her Camino francés pilgrimage. She speaks very clearly and relatively slowly - appropriate for intermediate-level students.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, my name is Xosé and I am doing a research on LGBT people who have done the Camino. I would be very grateful if you could help me through your experiences. If possible I would like to...
Can someone tell me what Spanish word is used in Spain to refer to hiking poles? Bastones? Palos? Also, as women in tv and movies generally are now referred to as "actores" rather than "actrices"...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back