• Update: The images and attachemnets are now back, we are generating new thumbnails.... (this takes time with 20 years of photos). I know the notification icon gives an error. That error should be gone within an hour or two. Sorry again! Ivar
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Free Camino Guides

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
That was quite a find, SY: Thank you!

Bookmarked!

EDIT: Have to be a member to log in and download.

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Yes, so did I, but actually if a few of us signup and help to keep it updated, that could be a really good contribution for the wider pilgrim community. The work they have already put into that site is mind boggling! SY

This is a brilliant site.
I checked the info on the albergues that I stayed in last year and it is all spot on.

I will be away this weekend, but next week I hope to have time and check and update, if necessary, the places I stayed in, SY

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Excellent information. I have joined.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
An excellent find, it looks very good for the Camino Frances, the info I checked was accurate and it is very user friendly.

I wish there was a Via de la Plata version as that's my 2015 plan.

An excellent find, it looks very good for the Camino Frances, the info I checked was accurate and it is very user friendly.

I wish there was a Via de la Plata version as that's my 2015 plan.
Have to agree - it is really disappointing that the longest Camino is the one most poorly served by guide books and useable maps.
(This might have to become my special retirement project - Oh need to significantly improve my Spanish before undertaking this task)!!

Brilliant, thanks SY it's a wonderful resource.:) I too will sign up

Edit Now signed up too

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Blush, David Townsend o_O Those of you that miss info regarding the Via de la Plata, I am sure the creators of that web site are very happy for any help you can give them regarding this! SY

Fantastic source of information, SY, thank you.

Have joined up and am beginning to make my way slowly through the various sections, reading and making notes on each and every stage.

A camino within a camino? ! :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Super web site.
I'm sure it will develop to cover all the caminos eventually.
Well done - a great find!

Just came across this website: http://santiago.forwalk.org/en/trail/ If the providers keep up this level of accuracy and detail it could be a real competition for more 'traditional' guides, Buen Camino! SY

I discovered this site during Christmas time and wrote to them to ask if they are planing an App. I am told it's in the works. What I really like about what they offer is the information on where to find water along the route. Very useful so we don't carry 2kg needlessly.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Wow, that is really cool. It's nice to be able to sit in the comfort of home and look at places I'd stayed before but even better to check on places I had considered and to see if I want to change things up this time around. Thanks.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I would love to have the Primitivo on my iPhone...but it appears that you would need a WiFi connection to access while walking.

Or am I missing a way to download and save on device?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Just came across this website: http://santiago.forwalk.org/en/trail/ If the providers keep up this level of accuracy and detail it could be a real competition for more 'traditional' guides, Buen Camino! SY
I have used this site to plot exactly where one may find drinking water. This is a huge plus with this site, as well as for the suggested etapas depending how long, or short, hard or easy, one wants their Camino to be.

Yes, it seems to be updated regularly and, like Wikipedia, the more people update it, the more accurate it becomes! SY

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
santiago.forwalk.org are requesting new reviews from peregrinos for this very useful website.
Apart from the original reviews,mostly 2013 & 2014,there are very few for this year.
I'm sure many of you use this free resource,so how about a bit of input to keep it up to date for future users.
I have been slowly adding my two pence worth!
Graham

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
santiagoforwalk.org are requesting new reviews from peregrinos for this very useful website.
Apart from the original reviews,mostly 2013 & 2014,there are very few for this year.
I'm sure many of you use this free resource,so how about a bit of input to keep it up to date for future users.
I have been slowly adding my two pence worth!
Graham
Where are we to review it?

Go to santiagoforwalk.org,sign up and add reviews of albergues that you have stayed in.
You seem to have a glitch: when I try to enter an email address on my ipad to create an id the little window closes the second I touch it.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
FYI, the link doesn't work...

Most read last week in this forum

My father read a book about the Camino written by a Catholic Priest from a small town in Europe. The book was fairly detailed in capturing life of pilgrim. We have perused all pics of books on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back