A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Free guided tours of Santiago

Advertisment

Doogman

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Many more in the future (hopefully)
I'm not sure if it is the exact same tour, but I took a free walking tour of SdC when I arrived there last July. We met in the plaza outside the Parador. It was pretty good. Not quite as exciting as being on the Camino, but I saw things and learned things that I would have missed otherwise.

Mike Savage

So many friends to meet . . . so little time
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés,Inglés
Muxia/Finisterre
Português Coastal
Português Central
Sanabrés
Thanks Johnnie, what a great way to get familiar with the old part of town!

JennyH94

Pilgrim in progress
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Leon-SDC 2012, Hospitalera Rabanal 2014, First Aid 2015, Burgos-Rabanal 2017, Part VF 2017
Thanks so much for this Johnnie. While writing I have to say how much I enjoyed working through your "20 Things To See And Do" list in Santiago back in 2014 - I managed 18 of them and hope to do the remaining two when I hope to be in Santiago in July.
Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

peregrina2000

Staff member
Donating Member
Pretty sure that this is the same idea as what I just saw in Lisbon a few weeks ago (they had red umbrellas). I talked with a couple of the young guides at the Praca do Comercio and learned that this is a way for unemployed history, art, archaeology, etc. grads to make enough money to squeak by. They are knowledgeable and peppy and hoping to make a living.

So, irrespective of what you think about "tipping in Spain", referring to the recent thread, tips are definitely expected and generous tips are very much appreciated. If this is like the Lisbon operation, these guys get no salary and live off the tips.

Advertisment

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
ivar From Santiago de Compostela 1
ivar From Santiago de Compostela 0

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 22 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 76 16.0%
  • May

Votes: 131 27.6%
  • June