A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Book FREE Kindle copies of TWO BOOKS :)

Paul McG

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés (2016)
Camino Portugués (2017)
Camino San Salvador (2019)
If you are bored being stuck indoors and want something to read - my two Camino books are free on Amazon, as Kindle versions, from Sunday 14th June to Thursday 18th June inclusive.

The books are called:
'Ego Trip: 40 days ans 40 nights on the Camino de Santiago', and
'Northbound: 30 days on the Camino Portugues - and onward to Finisterre'.

You can search for them on Amazon using these titles and you ought to find them. They ought to be on a FREE promotion from Sunday to Thursday, and I hope this is the case where you are [I set up the promotion on Amazon.com]. Amazon also provides a Kindle-reader app, which you can download to a PC if you do not have a Kindle device.

All I ask in return is that you forgive any typos [the books were written in a fit of excitement], appreciate that these tales are my memories of the Camino and we are all different, but if you enjoy the books would you be so kind as to leave a favourable review on Amazon (equally, if you hate them, apologies - but I don't want to know ;) ).

Also, if you want to let you friends know about this offer, feel free to share this on your social media or hiking forums etc. Amazon will only run the offer until Thursday night, and I know not everyone will see this post.

This is a gesture of goodwill to all pilgrims past and present [and yet to be]. My own big plans for the Primitivo were scuppered by Covid, but my enthusiasm for going has not dimmed.

Good luck to you all, happy reading, and Buen Camino!

Paul

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
CF SJPDP-SdC
(Apr/May 2018)
VdlP (2022)
Probably only a Free Promotion on Amazon.com
Being in Australia, we are only allowed to buy books from Amazon.com.au :rolleyes:
But happy to pay the $4 to try it out
A suitable read after my heavy Sunday lunch today ... :)

NB. It's shown as free on 'Kindleunlimited' but that in itself is a paid Amazon service.

kazrobbo

Tassie Kaz
Camino(s) past & future
CF 2012
CP 2015
St Olavs Norway 2016
88T Japan 2017
PWC/VF 2019
Israel 2020 X
Wales CP 21?
KK?
VdlP?
Probably only a Free Promotion on Amazon.com
Being in Australia, we are only allowed to buy books from Amazon.com.au :rolleyes:
But happy to pay the $4 to try it out
A suitable read after my heavy Sunday lunch today ... :)

NB. It's shown as free on 'Kindleunlimited' but that in itself is a paid Amazon service.
And 'Northbound' $5.20 for Aussies. 😊
👣 🌏

gschmidl

sator arepo tenet opera rotas
Camino(s) past & future
Kumano Kodo (11/2018), Camino Sanabres (4/2019)
It's also free on amazon.de - thank you!

wayfarer

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
SJPP-Santiago-Finistera-Muxia. April/May 2012
Sarria-Santiago Sept. 2013
SJPP - Almost Orrison April 2014
It showed free on UK site but I was charged for it anyway.

Camino(s) past & future
CF14(21?)
Aussie Camino15
WHW15
CP16
CdelN Fin/Muxia18
GGW StCuthWay HadrWall CotswoldWay19
Thank you Paul, just managed to buy them both from Amazon for our Kindle App for free in Australia. Certainly enjoying reading lots of Camino books at the moment. Looking forward to these two!
Anne & Pat

JohnLloyd

Author of "Go Your Own Way"
Camino(s) past & future
Francés - SJPDP to SdC - Autumn 2018
Portugués - Porto to SdC - Spring 2019
Francés again - ASAP
Thanks Paul!

I did the same thing for my Camino book a couple of months ago.

I'll look forward to comparing notes!

amancio

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Norte, Primit, Salvador, Portug, Arag, Ingles, VdlP, Leban-Vadin, Fisterra, Invierno, LePuy
Thanks!
in Spain, it is available for free if you subscribe to Kindle Unlimited.

Mike Putman

Pilgrim_Traveler
Camino(s) past & future
CF Sept 2018, hopefully Camino Portuguese 2021
Thanks Paul, I read 'Ego Trip: 40 days ans 40 nights on the Camino de Santiago' a few months ago and really enjoyed it so looking forward to reading 'Northbound: 30 days on the Camino Portugues - and onward to Finisterre'.

DreamHiker2

DreamHiker2
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Sept/Oct 2017; Camino Levante, Sanabres, Muxia & Finisterre May 2021
If you are bored being stuck indoors and want something to read books are called:
Hi Paul, thank you very much, I just downloaded them and will read them over next few days.

Colin_lackman

Aussie Col
Camino(s) past & future
le puy to santiago (2015), Geneva to Le Puy, Lisbon to Santiago
Just loaded it to kindle cloud in Australia, no charge.
Thanks Paul

tpmchugh

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2013)
Camino Frances (2015)
Camino Frances (2016)
Camino Frances (2018}
If you are bored being stuck indoors and want something to read - my two Camino books are free on Amazon, as Kindle versions, from Sunday 14th June to Thursday 18th June inclusive.

The books are called:

You can search for them on Amazon using these titles and you ought to find them. They ought to be on a FREE promotion from Sunday to Thursday, and I hope this is the case where you are [I set up the promotion on Amazon.com]. Amazon also provides a Kindle-reader app, which you can download to a PC if you do not have a Kindle device.

All I ask in return is that you forgive any typos [the books were written in a fit of excitement], appreciate that these tales are my memories of the Camino and we are all different, but if you enjoy the books would you be so kind as to leave a favourable review on Amazon (equally, if you hate them, apologies - but I don't want to know ;) ).

Also, if you want to let you friends know about this offer, feel free to share this on your social media or hiking forums etc. Amazon will only run the offer until Thursday night, and I know not everyone will see this post.

This is a gesture of goodwill to all pilgrims past and present [and yet to be]. My own big plans for the Primitivo were scuppered by Covid, but my enthusiasm for going has not dimmed.

Paul
Thankyou Paul. Already read Ego Trip so know I am going to enjoy Northbound

Albertagirl

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2015); Aragones-Frances (2016); VdlP-Sanabres (2017); Madrid-Frances-Invierno (2019)Levante
Thank you, Paul. It took me a while, but I managed to download them. Good reading for a camino craving pilgrim.

tpmchugh

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2013)
Camino Frances (2015)
Camino Frances (2016)
Camino Frances (2018}
Told you I would enjoy Northbound. Just a short way into it and am loving it

julia-t

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2015-17
Kumano Kodo March 2018
Camino Portuguese Valenca-SdC April 2018
Thank you x

amparo

Camino(s) past & future

The books are called:

Paul

Thank you very much, Paul. That is most generous of you.

Ungawawa

Camino(s) past & future
2017 Francés, Le Puy / Francés (parts), 2018 Norte (Biarritz), Francés, 2019 Portuguese (Lisbon)
Am I doing something wrong? Northbound is listed as costing £3.02 on UK Amazon. Ta.

Albertagirl

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2015); Aragones-Frances (2016); VdlP-Sanabres (2017); Madrid-Frances-Invierno (2019)Levante
Am I doing something wrong? Northbound is listed as costing £3.02 on UK Amazon. Ta.
See the first post above, which states that this offer is available from Sunday, June 14 to Thursday, June 18.

An Tincéir

Camino(s) past & future
Portuguese (2009) Norte (2016) Norte/Primitivo (2018)

The books are called:

Paul
Read and enjoyed “Ego Trip”

Paul McG

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés (2016)
Camino Portugués (2017)
Hi all,
To avoid any confusion, Amazon only allowed the offer to run for a few days, and the last day was Thursday.

Whether you took up the offer or not, I hope you're all well.
Buen Camino 🙂
Paul

pelerine

Camino(s) past & future
Norte 10, Primitivo 13, Plata 14+15, Salvador 16, Torres 17, Portugues 18, Mozarabe 19
Downloaded both through amazon.fr. One was priced at € 3.99, the other at € 2.99. However I did not go through the usual payment procedure and cannot see how I can find out wether I was actually charged.

Whichever it is, thank you Paul!

Albertagirl

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Downloaded both through amazon.fr. One was priced at € 3.99, the other at € 2.99. However I did not go through the usual payment procedure and cannot see how I can find out wether I was actually charged.

Whichever it is, thank you Paul!
If this happened to me, I would check recent charges on the credit card to which my Amazon orders are charged. It is all too easy to charge things on Amazon.

Ungawawa

Camino(s) past & future
2017 Francés, Le Puy / Francés (parts), 2018 Norte (Biarritz), Francés, 2019 Portuguese (Lisbon)
See the first post above, which states that this offer is available from Sunday, June 14 to Thursday, June 18.
Ah yes - thanks. I'd misread and thought it was through July!

MichelleElynHogan

Veteran Member
I get a weekly notice via Ivar of most popular posts on Saturday mornings so never had a chance to see this post till just now on June 20. :(

Susan Maria

Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy to SJPDP in sections over 2016-2019
Camino Frances one day I hope
Thanks Paul. I missed your offer but happy to spend a little on "Ego". Good luck.

Maria K

Camino(s) past & future
(2013) (2018) Camino Frances

The books are called:

Paul
Sorry I missed this!

john mullen

Camino(s) past & future
french 2009 and 2017. either portuguese or Le Puy in 2018

The books are called:

Paul
thanks Paul,

I went to the Amazon site (in australia I believe) and it seems the books are only free if you have a Kindle Unlimited subscription

Susan Maria

Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy to SJPDP in sections over 2016-2019
Camino Frances one day I hope
Thanks Paul. I missed your offer but happy to spend a little on "Ego". Good luck.
Paul I really enjoyed 'Ego trip...' and will be writing a review on amazon. It will feature words such as.' Funny, irish, cynical...colourful descriptions of the landscape...spiritual journey '

Well done.

Paul McG

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés (2016)
Camino Portugués (2017)
Paul I really enjoyed 'Ego trip...' and will be writing a review on amazon. It will feature words such as.' Funny, irish, cynical...colourful descriptions of the landscape...spiritual journey '

Well done.
You're too kind. I'm happy you enjoyed the book.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock