• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

FREE Kindle copies of TWO BOOKS :)

Paul McG

Time of past OR future Camino
Francés, Portugués, S. Salvador, Primitivo, Inglés
If you are bored being stuck indoors and want something to read - my two Camino books are free on Amazon, as Kindle versions, from Sunday 14th June to Thursday 18th June inclusive.

The books are called:
'Ego Trip: 40 days ans 40 nights on the Camino de Santiago', and
'Northbound: 30 days on the Camino Portugues - and onward to Finisterre'.

You can search for them on Amazon using these titles and you ought to find them. They ought to be on a FREE promotion from Sunday to Thursday, and I hope this is the case where you are [I set up the promotion on Amazon.com]. Amazon also provides a Kindle-reader app, which you can download to a PC if you do not have a Kindle device.

All I ask in return is that you forgive any typos [the books were written in a fit of excitement], appreciate that these tales are my memories of the Camino and we are all different, but if you enjoy the books would you be so kind as to leave a favourable review on Amazon (equally, if you hate them, apologies - but I don't want to know ;) ).

Also, if you want to let you friends know about this offer, feel free to share this on your social media or hiking forums etc. Amazon will only run the offer until Thursday night, and I know not everyone will see this post.

This is a gesture of goodwill to all pilgrims past and present [and yet to be]. My own big plans for the Primitivo were scuppered by Covid, but my enthusiasm for going has not dimmed.

Good luck to you all, happy reading, and Buen Camino!

Paul

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Probably only a Free Promotion on Amazon.com
Being in Australia, we are only allowed to buy books from Amazon.com.au :rolleyes:
But happy to pay the $4 to try it out
A suitable read after my heavy Sunday lunch today ... :)

NB. It's shown as free on 'Kindleunlimited' but that in itself is a paid Amazon service.

Probably only a Free Promotion on Amazon.com
Being in Australia, we are only allowed to buy books from Amazon.com.au :rolleyes:
But happy to pay the $4 to try it out
A suitable read after my heavy Sunday lunch today ... :)

NB. It's shown as free on 'Kindleunlimited' but that in itself is a paid Amazon service.
And 'Northbound' $5.20 for Aussies. 😊
👣 🌏

It's also free on amazon.de - thank you!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank you Paul, just managed to buy them both from Amazon for our Kindle App for free in Australia. Certainly enjoying reading lots of Camino books at the moment. Looking forward to these two!
Anne & Pat

Thanks Paul!

I did the same thing for my Camino book a couple of months ago.

I'll look forward to comparing notes!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks!
in Spain, it is available for free if you subscribe to Kindle Unlimited.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
If you are bored being stuck indoors and want something to read books are called:
Hi Paul, thank you very much, I just downloaded them and will read them over next few days.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
If you are bored being stuck indoors and want something to read - my two Camino books are free on Amazon, as Kindle versions, from Sunday 14th June to Thursday 18th June inclusive.

The books are called:

You can search for them on Amazon using these titles and you ought to find them. They ought to be on a FREE promotion from Sunday to Thursday, and I hope this is the case where you are [I set up the promotion on Amazon.com]. Amazon also provides a Kindle-reader app, which you can download to a PC if you do not have a Kindle device.

All I ask in return is that you forgive any typos [the books were written in a fit of excitement], appreciate that these tales are my memories of the Camino and we are all different, but if you enjoy the books would you be so kind as to leave a favourable review on Amazon (equally, if you hate them, apologies - but I don't want to know ;) ).

Also, if you want to let you friends know about this offer, feel free to share this on your social media or hiking forums etc. Amazon will only run the offer until Thursday night, and I know not everyone will see this post.

This is a gesture of goodwill to all pilgrims past and present [and yet to be]. My own big plans for the Primitivo were scuppered by Covid, but my enthusiasm for going has not dimmed.

Paul
Thankyou Paul. Already read Ego Trip so know I am going to enjoy Northbound

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you x

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

The books are called:

Paul

Thank you very much, Paul. That is most generous of you.

Am I doing something wrong? Northbound is listed as costing £3.02 on UK Amazon. Ta.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

The books are called:

Paul
Read and enjoyed “Ego Trip”

Hi all,
To avoid any confusion, Amazon only allowed the offer to run for a few days, and the last day was Thursday.

Whether you took up the offer or not, I hope you're all well.
Buen Camino 🙂
Paul

Downloaded both through amazon.fr. One was priced at € 3.99, the other at € 2.99. However I did not go through the usual payment procedure and cannot see how I can find out wether I was actually charged.

Whichever it is, thank you Paul!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Downloaded both through amazon.fr. One was priced at € 3.99, the other at € 2.99. However I did not go through the usual payment procedure and cannot see how I can find out wether I was actually charged.

Whichever it is, thank you Paul!
If this happened to me, I would check recent charges on the credit card to which my Amazon orders are charged. It is all too easy to charge things on Amazon.

See the first post above, which states that this offer is available from Sunday, June 14 to Thursday, June 18.
Ah yes - thanks. I'd misread and thought it was through July!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks Paul. I missed your offer but happy to spend a little on "Ego". Good luck.

The books are called:

Paul
Sorry I missed this!

The books are called:

Paul
thanks Paul,

I went to the Amazon site (in australia I believe) and it seems the books are only free if you have a Kindle Unlimited subscription

Thanks Paul. I missed your offer but happy to spend a little on "Ego". Good luck.

Paul I really enjoyed 'Ego trip...' and will be writing a review on amazon. It will feature words such as.' Funny, irish, cynical...colourful descriptions of the landscape...spiritual journey '

Well done.

Paul I really enjoyed 'Ego trip...' and will be writing a review on amazon. It will feature words such as.' Funny, irish, cynical...colourful descriptions of the landscape...spiritual journey '

Well done.
You're too kind. I'm happy you enjoyed the book.

Most read last week in this forum

Mary Colwell’s new book The Gathering Place: A Winter Pilgrimage Through Changing Times. Why did it make the 2024 shortlist of the best travel books? Several of the books on the shortlist are...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.