• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Free new guide for the Camino Portugues.

Javier Martin

Veteran Member
It's a pleasure to announce to you that the guide to walk the hole Camino Portugues, from Lisbon to Santiago, is available complete free on the next website:

http://www.amigosdelcamino.com

Then choosing "Caminos"
Then "Camino Portugues"

The AGACS was marking this Camino from Lisbon to Porto during the Spring of 2.006.

At the first is available in Spanish and Portuguese.

I hope it will help you to prepare this Camino.

Buen Camino Portugues,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Great addition to the guide (en Français) from the éditions Lepère for someone who is considering a departure in April.
As they say in the old song... avril au Portugal, à deux c'est idéal.

Thank you Javier for this good news.

beware that the Lepere guide is via Fatima

Thanks Peter, this new guide just gives me more options for next spring.

I am not yet decided which route to take; I am not a fan of these big sites like Fatima or Lourdes, so I still hesitate wether I should take the Tomar route. Should I go to Braga ? The way to Fatima is well marked, so maybe I should take it ? Aaaah decisions.... :lol:

Your site is helping me a lot with info; I just wished my Spanish was better to read all the links you provided; I try hard though.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Ulysse said:
The way to Fatima is well marked

the way to Fatima is well used, but I'm not sure what the status is with the continuation north. The CNC haven't told us yet what their route is, so whether it's the same as the Lepere guide or not??

If you do go with this guide, the author (who calls himself Gerard du Camino if you don't know) publishes an update sheet on his website http://perso.orange.fr/gerard-du-camino ... rtugal.htm

And for English-speakers, as the CSJ factsheet notes, John Brierley has published overview pages Lisbon-Porto on his website http://www.caminoguides.com/latest.html - presumably there'll be a new edition of his guide at some point.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I used Brierley's guide, although I only did the Tui-Santiago portion. Good news on this new free guide, though. Hopefully one day there will be an English translation?

I did visit Fatima before I walked, but I took the bus :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Not this guide. but there are very good guides in English in the resources section of the forum
Thanks Johnnie Walker.
I am still amazed at how helpful people on this forum are. Thank for the links.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back