Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Free on-line Language Learning

marjorita

I just found out about a really cool website http://www.mangolanguages.com

You can either pay or do what I did and logged on with my library card number and then have 12 languages to learn for free. 100 lessons for each language.

One regret I had last year when I walked the camino was all the high school french and german I forgot. I have only been concentrating on learning spanish post high school. Still, it would be nice to say simple things along the way in the other languages. It's something to do while getting ready for the next camino.

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Lynn52

I am looking at the language cd's at Earworms - they aren't free but reasonably priced. I like the idea of using music to learn plus it does activate more areas of the brain. Theory (or may be fact) that this aids learning and memory (with repetition). Mind you I have only recently realised that I dont actually listen to music - somehow it became lost in the busy-ness of life. Not sure how I will go though as usually I get the words wrong when listening to music and end up making my own versions lol

anniethenurse

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances.Vasco del Interior.Camino Finisterre& Muxia. Camino Portugues. Ruta del Ebro.
If you can download iTunes and save it in your computer you can look for language learning podcasts to subscribe to your mp3- player. I found and am subscibing to Coffee Break Spanish podcast which I think worked well for me. I bought some other lessons too, not that expensive (One Day Spanish, Rapid Spanish, Spanish Word Booster, In- Flight Spanish etc...). Listening to the podcasts while walking to work and some evening lessons helped me alot in situations on my camino where English, French, German, Swedish or Finnish didn´t work.
In the autumn I am going to take some more evening lessons in Spanish, even continue to listening my mp3- player while preparing myself to the next camino next May, maybe from Burgos to Santiago or perhaps from Porto to Santiago (won´t be learning Portuguese though...)
annie

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings