• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Free pilgrimage book download and excellent publisher!

hecate105

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
'09 Portuguese Estellas '14 Aurelia '16 St Davids '17 Via Augusta/V dl P. '18/'19 Michael Mary Way
I sometimes buy books from the excellent Heart of Albion publishers and received an email today about a free download available on their website. Titled 'Pilgrimage in England' it is by Bob Trubshaw. Having read quite a few of his other books I thought this was worth sharing. Hope people enjoy...
http://www.hoap.co.uk/general.htm#pie

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I sometimes buy books from the excellent Heart of Albion publishers and received an email today about a free download available on their website. Titled 'Pilgrimage in England' it is by Bob Trubshaw. Having read quite a few of his other books I thought this was worth sharing. Hope people enjoy...
Thank you for sharing this resource !! just downloaded, looking forward reading the book - and good weekend to you !

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I am supposed to be writing but am tempted to start reading it myself - I know - I shouldn't be posting on here either - procrastination IS my name!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you hecate105, looks like a good read, our enry has a lot to answer for here in the England .

I am supposed to be writing but am tempted to start reading it myself - I know - I shouldn't be posting on here either - procrastination IS my name!
so, Miss Procrastination ... glad you posted it. thanks again :)
seems we are afflicted by a similar 'camino forum appeal-itis' - i ought to be filing my taxes and such fun, but ever so (very too often) i find myself clicking into the forum ... and sure enough, something interesting or/and fun comes along, and voila' - here it goes: 'what taxes???" -
sometimes the forum - or actually many or almost all camino related moments -
has the 'Enchanted Forest' affect on me ... i step into it ... and get 'lost' presto .
sigh ...
but i suppose it's a happy and nourishing affliction, is it not?
saluti

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
so, Miss Procrastination ... glad you posted it. thanks again :)
seems we are afflicted by a similar 'camino forum appeal-itis' - i ought to be filing my taxes and such fun, but ever so (very too often) i find myself clicking into the forum ... and sure enough, something interesting or/and fun comes along, and voila' - here it goes: 'what taxes???" -
sometimes the forum - or actually many or almost all camino related moments -
has the 'Enchanted Forest' affect on me ... i step into it ... and get 'lost' presto .
sigh ...
but i suppose it's a happy and nourishing affliction, is it not?
saluti

Oh amorfati1, you just described my last few months! Addiction to the forum! Like you said "a happy and nourishing affliction"!! It's pouring down rain here in Seattle, what better place to be than here. Thanks for your post!

'but i suppose it's a happy and nourishing affliction, is it not?'
It certainly is! And here I am again - having packed off hubby to work, promising I will be out in the garden immediately - doing all that needs doing... First I scarpered back to bed to read about Prehistoric Cookery (by the lovely Jacqui Wood) and now I am sat here 'having a quick look' while weeds grow unchecked and the mountain of compost doesn't get any smaller! And then you go and remind me about the taxes - heavens it's that time of year again too... How shall I fit it all in? By firmly closing my laptop and walking away resolutely....! (and as I do wondering just how many other pilgrims are serial procrastinators too - I blame the forum - too bloomin' interesting by half, mumble, grumble...)

How many other pilgrims are serial procrastinators too walking in this 'Enchanted Forest', living and breathing each moment by moment giving voice to their joys in a life on the camino. Are we lost forever in this enchanting forest? This could be another book written by many pilgrims on this forum how many more windows of joy might we find amongst these trees? (My lawn will have to wait !)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Very interesting! Thanks.

How many other pilgrims are serial procrastinators too walking in this 'Enchanted Forest', living and breathing each moment by moment giving voice to their joys in a life on the camino. Are we lost forever in this enchanting forest? This could be another book written by many pilgrims on this forum how many more windows of joy might we find amongst these trees? (My lawn will have to wait !)
;-)
made me think of the quote by Tolkien ... that not all that wander are lost.
perhaps we ought to co-author a book ? interesting topic to be sure .... (saying this suggestion in jest ...)

i might be in denial here, i but really don't see/experience myself as a procrastinator or even a camino-addict... i do though cherish my dose of beauty and serenity and stillness ... and in / on / with the camino i get / got to experience all of those.
it reminds me of the fact that we are human BEINGS and not human doings.
and i make sure that i have my daily dose of beauty --- something that nourishes subtly.

btw --- love this image "...how many more windows of joy might we find amongst these trees?..."

Most read last week in this forum

This book by Katherine Lack landed on my doormat last week. I ordered it having found her Frontstalag 142, The Internment Diary of an English Lady fascinating, not least because my grandmother and...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.