• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Freecycling on the Camino

JennyH94

Pilgrim in progress
Time of past OR future Camino
CF whole & part 12-19, VF 17, VDLP+ptSbres22
Hands up anyone who’s either donated unwanted backpack items which go in the Left Property boxes in albergues and other accommodation on the various Camino routes? Or - you may have taken advantage of the availability of one of those free items in the box ... Share the story of your donation and/or of your find!

Over the years I’ve been fortunate with freecycled items - the most meaningful was the discovery a friend made which was on the shelf of Left Books at Albergue Maralotx in Cirauqui. It was a beautiful and profoundly sad book - “Fatelessness” by Imre Kertesz - an autobiography which won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 2002. Over the next several days I read the book and left it on the bookshelf at Albergue Victoria in Ciruena. On returning to Australia I bought another copy of the book and I treasure it - it’s a wonderful book which shows the strength of the author’s spirit and his courage under the most awful of circumstances.

A practical find was an absolute cracker of a Left Property item from my camino last year .. it was on the Left Property shelf at Albergue Alfar in Hornillos on the CF. I had long been looking to buy a pair of super-lightweight thongs - flip flops - for use in albergue bathrooms etc and hadn’t had any success. Imagine my delight when I found the perfect pair - in my size and in my favourite colour - on that shelf! After a quick scrub they were good to go and were worn with much pleasure for the rest of the CF. They are my Camino thongs - to be worn exclusively on camino. Here they are, the next day, at the spa pool at Albergue Ultreia, Castrojeriz.

F5640A22-044E-457C-88EE-F6089927BDE4.jpeg

I’d love to hear your Freecycling stories - please share!

Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Well...I didn't find a treasure but my Brierley guidebook was freecycled without my knowing! It's a full circle story :)

On my first camino, I unknowingly left the book on the garden table of the albergue in Trinidad de Arre and didn't realize it until I stopped for breakfast just past Pamplona. A few days later, in Lorca, a woman I had met at the albergue in Trinidad told me my book had been found and picked up by Simon who I had been sitting with at the garden table.

I met Simon again in Estella and he said he had carried the book for a couple of days but didn't think he'd see me again, so he wrote my name and city in it with the inscription "Perhaps the camino will take it back to her" and left it in the albergue in Puente La Reina.

A couple of weeks after I returned home from my camino, I received a call from the receptionist at my workplace with the message that someone had called to let me know that she had my camino guidebook. The caller said she had found my book in Puente La Reina and had seen the inscription with my name. By coincidence she was from a town near my city and as she didn't have a guide book, she thought she would use the book for the rest of the camino and try to return it to me when she returned home. She googled my name and found it connected to the company I work for.

We arranged to meet for coffee and when she walked into the cafe, we realized we had met! We had chatted at coffee stops and albergues several times along the camino. I even asked to look at her guidebook a few times, not realizing I was looking at my own book!

This particular Brierley book means a lot to me. It had it's own camino with someone else but found me again. Last year, I attended a Canadian Company of Pilgrims event that John Brierley was speaking at. I asked him to sign my book :)

brierley.jpg

Last edited:
Wow @Theatregal! That’s a fantastic story! Thank you for sharing it. I love the way the Brierley guide found its way back to you in Canada after its own camino and also the fact that you unknowingly had contact with the book again after it left your hands - if only the book had been able to speak!

With its own journey - partly with you and partly with other pilgrims - and the messages on the same page - this is a very special book.

Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Well...I didn't find a treasure but my Brierley guidebook was freecycled without my knowing! It's a full circle story :)

On my first camino, I unknowingly left the book on the garden table of the albergue in Trinidad de Arre and didn't realize it until I stopped for breakfast just past Pamplona. A few days later, in Lorca, a woman I had met at the albergue in Trinidad told me my book had been found and picked up by Simon who I had walked with before Trinidad.

I met Simon again in Estella and he said he had carried the book for a couple of days but didn't think he'd see me again, so he wrote my name and city in it with the inscription "Perhaps the camino will take it back to her" and left it in the albergue in Puente La Reina.

A couple of weeks after I returned home from my camino, I received a call from the receptionist at my workplace with the message that someone had called to let me know that she had my camino guidebook. The caller said she had found my book in Puente La Reina and had seen the inscription with my name. By coincidence she was from a town near my city and as she didn't have a guide book, she thought she would use the book for the rest of the camino and try to return it to me when she returned home. She googled my name and found it connected to the company I work for.

We arranged to meet for coffee and when she walked into the cafe, we realized we had met! We had chatted at coffee stops and albergues a few times along the camino. I even asked to look at her guidebook a few times, not realizing I was looking at my own book!

This particular Brierley book means a lot to me. It had it's own camino with someone else but found me again. Last year, I attended a Canadian Company of Pilgrims event that John Brierley was speaking at. I asked him to sign my book :)

View attachment 79002
What a delightful story.

On my first camino, I unknowingly left the book on the garden table of the albergue in Trinidad de Arre and didn't realize it until I stopped for breakfast just past Pamplona. A few days later, in Lorca, a woman I had met at the albergue in Trinidad told me my book had been found and picked up by Simon who I had walked with before Trinidad.

We arranged to meet for coffee and when she walked into the cafe, we realized we had met! We had chatted at coffee stops and albergues a few times along the camino. I even asked to look at her guidebook a few times, not realizing I was looking at my own book!

View attachment 79002
I absolutely love this story!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
In 2003 I was charging up my Nokia 3310 dumbphone (UK 3 pin charger and adaptor) when a pilgrim offered me a European version and told me to keep it - he'd found it two days earlier on the trail and couldn't find the owner - still have it and the phone but no longer use it.

Further along, on the road into Rabanal, I picked up a Swiss Army Knife stuck into a log (never a good idea). Gave it to my elder daughter on my return home and she promptly had it confiscated by airport security on her next flight.

In 2012 a South African lady was going to throw away a copy of Hemingway's Fiesta/The Sun Also Rises she'd swapped because it was missing the first two pages. I still have it and have downloaded the missing text and stuck the pages in - love the scenes around Burguete.

The best find was two days after I'd lost my pen when I found a Rotring Visupoint on the path. A slim bodied ink pen, these have been my constant writing companions ever since. They were also badged as a Papermate Accupoint. Both are now out of production but you sometimes find old stock for sale.

Everytime I write with one it brings back memories.

View attachment 79002
This is a great story! You have made my day! Maybe my week!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hands up anyone who’s either donated unwanted backpack items which go in the Left Property boxes in albergues and other accommodation on the various Camino routes? Or - you may have taken advantage of the availability of one of those free items in the box ... Share the story of your donation and/or of your find!

Over the years I’ve been fortunate with freecycled items - the most meaningful was the discovery a friend made which was on the shelf of Left Books at Albergue Maralotx in Cirauqui. It was a beautiful and profoundly sad book - “Fatelessness” by Imre Kertesz - an autobiography which won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 2002. Over the next several days I read the book and left it on the bookshelf at Albergue Victoria in Ciruena. On returning to Australia I bought another copy of the book and I treasure it - it’s a wonderful book which shows the strength of the author’s spirit and his courage under the most awful of circumstances.

A practical find was an absolute cracker of a Left Property item from my camino last year .. it was on the Left Property shelf at Albergue Alfar in Hornillos on the CF. I had long been looking to buy a pair of super-lightweight thongs - flip flops - for use in albergue bathrooms etc and hadn’t had any success. Imagine my delight when I found the perfect pair - in my size and in my favourite colour - on that shelf! After a quick scrub they were good to go and were worn with much pleasure for the rest of the CF. They are my Camino thongs - to be worn exclusively on camino. Here they are, the next day, at the spa pool at Albergue Ultreia, Castrojeriz.

View attachment 78998

I’d love to hear your Freecycling stories - please share!

Cheers from Oz -
Jenny
Great idea, Jenny. I am curious to hear from others on this topic because synchronicity such as this oddly gives me a sense of hope.
I tried to think of something suitable that has happened to me over the years but nothing tops theatregal's story!
One time, some years ago, I arrived in Spain and had hours before catching the train to Ferrol to begin the Camino Ingles. I was wandering around non-tourist areas when some thoughtful local unclipped my flip flops from the outside of my pack. I searched in shops for some days to find an inexpensive pair, without luck. Everything I found was at least 5 times more expensive than what I would pay at home. I knew that at some point I would find what I wanted, and indeed I did. Interestingly, they are about the same color as yours, Jenny, and have a sturdy sole for which I have been glad a number of times to have. I still have them after all these years. So not freecycle, but a needed replacement for stolen goods.
Last year I was on the Portugues and in late morning realized that the plug adapter (for European electrical outlets) to my iPod was missing. While I am not gadget person, my iPod is rather a lifeline for me when traveling since I do not have a phone. It allows me to check emails when I have access to a hot spot, take notes of what I need to do or how to find the albergue, be reminded of someone's birthday when I look at the calendar, etc etc. iPods are notorious for having crappy battery life, so not being able to charge mine left me with a sinking feeling. A kind soul let me recharge that evening at the albergue. The next day a fellow I had bumped into on and off over previous days was at the same albergue as I, and said perhaps in the lost and found there might be something I could use. It was apparent by observation that the woman at the albergue's desk was cranky when speaking with women, but not with men, so I asked my pal to ask her. Sure enough, just what I needed was in the box. When she realized it was for a female, she became reluctant to let it go, but eventually came round.

I managed to leave my only warm layer, a brand new merino wool cardigan, in the albergue at Roncesvalles. It was the first stop on my Camino.

For a few days it was warm, and I wasn't concerned, but then the evenings started getting cooler, and me chillier. By day 6 at Villamayor de Montjardin I definitely needed that warm layer, so asked the hospitalera whether they had anything suitable in their lost property box. After rummaging through enough items to kit out several pilgrims, she kindly trekked down to the volunteers house and came back with a fleece which fitted me perfectly, matched my walking trousers and was even a few grams lighter that the one I'd lost.

I am reminded of her kindness every time I wear it, and just hope someone was equally thrilled to get my cardigan.

Me too! And I wondered if normal bicycling on camino is restricted somehow and this was a new way to do it!
Gosh Nick! that’s something to think about in these tricky times! For example, what about the social distancing as the bicigrinos flash past on the more narrow of paths! 😉

A scary thought ... what will happen to the Left Property boxes now? Will those ‘found treasures‘ become a thing of the past? I wonder ... ‘gives me an idea for another thread though!

Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
In 2003 I was charging up my Nokia 3310 dumbphone (UK 3 pin charger and adaptor) when a pilgrim offered me a European version and told me to keep it - he'd found it two days earlier on the trail and couldn't find the owner - still have it and the phone but no longer use it.

Further along, on the road into Rabanal, I picked up a Swiss Army Knife stuck into a log (never a good idea). Gave it to my elder daughter on my return home and she promptly had it confiscated by airport security on her next flight.

In 2012 a South African lady was going to throw away a copy of Hemingway's Fiesta/The Sun Also Rises she'd swapped because it was missing the first two pages. I still have it and have downloaded the missing text and stuck the pages in - love the scenes around Burguete.

The best find was two days after I'd lost my pen when I found a Rotring Visupoint on the path. A slim bodied ink pen, these have been my constant writing companions ever since. They were also badged as a Papermate Accupoint. Both are now out of production but you sometimes find old stock for sale.

Everytime I write with one it brings back memories.
Wow Jeff - you’ve done well! Kindness from fellow pilgrims and beneficial coincidences - that’s the Camino ...

I love an ink pen - much better than a biro - the Papermate ones are great. Do you find your handwriting is neater with an ink pen? Mine is for sure. A ‘found’ object - whatever it is - can really stay with you - your slim-bodied ink pens - the first one found on the Camino - keep the Camino alive in their own beautiful way.

Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

Great idea, Jenny. I am curious to hear from others on this topic because synchronicity such as this oddly gives me a sense of hope.
I tried to think of something suitable that has happened to me over the years but nothing tops theatregal's story!
One time, some years ago, I arrived in Spain and had hours before catching the train to Ferrol to begin the Camino Ingles. I was wandering around non-tourist areas when some thoughtful local unclipped my flip flops from the outside of my pack. I searched in shops for some days to find an inexpensive pair, without luck. Everything I found was at least 5 times more expensive than what I would pay at home. I knew that at some point I would find what I wanted, and indeed I did. Interestingly, they are about the same color as yours, Jenny, and have a sturdy sole for which I have been glad a number of times to have. I still have them after all these years. So not freecycle, but a needed replacement for stolen goods.
Last year I was on the Portugues and in late morning realized that the plug adapter (for European electrical outlets) to my iPod was missing. While I am not gadget person, my iPod is rather a lifeline for me when traveling since I do not have a phone. It allows me to check emails when I have access to a hot spot, take notes of what I need to do or how to find the albergue, be reminded of someone's birthday when I look at the calendar, etc etc. iPods are notorious for having crappy battery life, so not being able to charge mine left me with a sinking feeling. A kind soul let me recharge that evening at the albergue. The next day a fellow I had bumped into on and off over previous days was at the same albergue as I, and said perhaps in the lost and found there might be something I could use. It was apparent by observation that the woman at the albergue's desk was cranky when speaking with women, but not with men, so I asked my pal to ask her. Sure enough, just what I needed was in the box. When she realized it was for a female, she became reluctant to let it go, but eventually came round.
Cheers @Mycroft - I firmly believe that synchronicity - and those wonderful Camino coincidences - are a Divine/Universal indication that we are in a kind of alignment in a much bigger sense. Our pilgrim stories have parallels - even in the sharing of those stories here on the Forum - the Camino provides in a myriad of ways that no other place in the world does.

It’s great that you found just what you needed when your thongs were stolen - and that you still have the pleasure and comfort of them several years on.
And the plug adapter - just what you needed in the box! The hospitalera at the albergue desk - I can picture the scene so well! Nifty handling there!

Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I managed to leave my only warm layer, a brand new merino wool cardigan, in the albergue at Roncesvalles. It was the first stop on my Camino.

For a few days it was warm, and I wasn't concerned, but then the evenings started getting cooler, and me chillier. By day 6 at Villamayor de Montjardin I definitely needed that warm layer, so asked the hospitalera whether they had anything suitable in their lost property box. After rummaging through enough items to kit out several pilgrims, she kindly trekked down to the volunteers house and came back with a fleece which fitted me perfectly, matched my walking trousers and was even a few grams lighter that the one I'd lost.

I am reminded of her kindness every time I wear it, and just hope someone was equally thrilled to get my cardigan.
Oh @BarbaraW - your lovely cardigan! But how wonderful was it to be gifted with a fleece that was exactly what you needed at Villamayor! Do you recall which albergue it was there? Was it the albergue run by the Dutch Association? The generosity of the volunteers there is just one reason why that albergue is a very special place to stay. What memories you have each time you wear the fleece!

Your merino cardi has had a different Camino - I hope its owner still has the pleasure of wearing it and a happy memory of a special ‘find’.

Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

What a great idea for a thread!!

I watched the film "Wild", where Cheryl Strayed walked the Pacific Crest trail - thought I would very much like to read the book. Went over to do first aid and first stop at Roncesvalles found a brand new unopened copy on the 'no longer wanted' table - marvellous - by the way, is a great book, the first honest auto-biography I have ever read.

I still smile sometimes thinking of the American female who had packed it with romantic ideas about a similar journey and after walking over the mountain dumped it on the table "shucks, I ain't carrying that another step!" and wondering what else she had abandoned out of her rucksack - ahhh, romance versus reality 😂

I watched the film "Wild", where Cheryl Strayed walked the Pacific Crest trail - thought I would very much like to read the book. Went over to do first aid and first stop at Roncesvalles found a brand new unopened copy on the 'no longer wanted' table - marvellous - by the way, is a great book, the first honest auto-biography I have ever read.

I still smile sometimes thinking of the American female who had packed it with romantic ideas about a similar journey and after walking over the mountain dumped it on the table "shucks, I ain't carrying that another step!" and wondering what else she had abandoned out of her rucksack - ahhh, romance versus reality 😂
I have read the book "Wild" and seen the movie. I preferred the book as it really captured her struggle, what was going inside her "head" and all the accompanying emotions.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I was another one who assumed this thread was about bicycling. So glad I did not give it a miss...great idea for a thread!

I did not have any amazing finds from any recycle bins on my caminos, but I have left or lost a favorite wool hat, a favorite baseball type hat, and two pair of sunglasses over the years. I hope they were found and appreciated by pilgrims as much as the flip flops that Jenny found and loves!

Wow Jeff - you’ve done well! Kindness from fellow pilgrims and beneficial coincidences - that’s the Camino ...

I love an ink pen - much better than a biro - the Papermate ones are great. Do you find your handwriting is neater with an ink pen? Mine is for sure. A ‘found’ object - whatever it is - can really stay with you - your slim-bodied ink pens - the first one found on the Camino - keep the Camino alive in their own beautiful way.

Cheers from Oz -
Jenny
When I went for the entrance interview to grammar school (not quite as exclusive as the ones in Australia) my friendly local librarian primed me with the names of some "good books" to read and advised me to take along a fountain pen in case I needed to write something.
Part way through the interview the Headmaster, who was using a trusty Parker, asked if I preferred a fountain pen or a Biro; taking mine from my inside pocket raised a smile of appreciation (yes, I got in).
I'm also of the generation of engineers that had to submit their own drawings when applying for membership of the supervising institution and drawings back then were hand lettered (no stencils or CAD!) so good penmanship has always been important and not something you stop doing - even my scribbled notes are legible!

First time was when the kind ladies (at the time) of the pilgrim office at SJPP gave me my first inflatable mattress. hmmmm the 2005 I think

That was VERY useful in the weeks to come.

Last notable find was a copy of Cheryly Strayed's book Wild :cool:

Thanks for the thumbs up David. All the responses have been brilliant - thank you everyone - and the stories! Sigh! Only on the Camino!

Isn’t it uncanny that so many beneficial (and often significant) coincidences occur on the Camino - your finding of the book “Wild” - in mint condition - at Roncesvalles - is a great example as you had enjoyed the movie and had wanted to read the book - there it was - waiting for you.

At the same time - yes - you’d wonder how the donating pilgrim’s camino worked out - maybe the book was something that pilgrim shouldn’t have left behind. Maybe that pilgrim purchased another copy of the book after their camino and read the book in a totally different way as a result of their own Camino experience ... the beautiful thing about all these responses is that mostly we’ll never know. Theatregal’s experience was a wonderful rarity.

Cheryl Strayed’s PCT experience was a parallel to the experience of many pilgrims on the various caminos - from practical insights to those which are much deeper and complex on the journey - as you’d know from your own experiences in giving first aid and pastoral care and of course being a pilgrim yourself.

Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

Last edited:
A few months before acamino I needed a ball cap hat, but was put off by the price at the local running store. Later that day came across a slightly stained white ball cap sitting on a large boulder while out walking. A little bleach and it was perfect! Whilst on the Camino, my very bald friend realized had forgotten his hat several hours earlier. Not 5 minutes later, there was an abandoned one sitting on a hedge - he still has it.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I was another one who assumed this thread was about bicycling. So glad I did not give it a miss...great idea for a thread!

I did not have any amazing finds from any recycle bins on my caminos, but I have left or lost a favorite wool hat, a favorite baseball type hat, and two pair of sunglasses over the years. I hope they were found and appreciated by pilgrims as much as the flip flops that Jenny found and loves!
Thanks for your thumbs up on the thread idea Chrissy. Your wool hat, baseball cap and sunglasses would have found themselves new, grateful owners - as grateful as I was to receive and read ‘Fatelessness’ and also to have the thongs.

Best, best wishes -
Jenny

When I went for the entrance interview to grammar school (not quite as exclusive as the ones in Australia) my friendly local librarian primed me with the names of some "good books" to read and advised me to take along a fountain pen in case I needed to write something.
Part way through the interview the Headmaster, who was using a trusty Parker, asked if I preferred a fountain pen or a Biro; taking mine from my inside pocket raised a smile of appreciation (yes, I got in).
I'm also of the generation of engineers that had to submit their own drawings when applying for membership of the supervising institution and drawings back then were hand lettered (no stencils or CAD!) so good penmanship has always been important and not something you stop doing - even my scribbled notes are legible!
Terrific story Jeff - thank you. I agree with you about good penmanship - it stays with you. When you do something for the whole of your working life it IS something that’s important.

When I left high school in 1970 aged 15 I headed straight into a secretarial course at a local Government-run college. One of our subjects was Pitman’s shorthand and we all had our own Daisy shorthand pens - they were the refillable kind - not a cartridge. How I loved that pen! I used it in my secretarial work and then real estate work for many years. Reading your story today has brought back happy memories of my favourite pen - thank you.

Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

First time was when the kind ladies (at the time) of the pilgrim office at SJPP gave me my first inflatable mattress. hmmmm the 2005 I think

That was VERY useful in the weeks to come.

Last notable find was a copy of Cheryly Strayed's book Wild :cool:
Gosh JabbaPapa - you’ve done well! What a generous gesture on the part of the staffer/volunteer at the Pilgrim Office.

And ‘Wild’ was another find! Another copy found, just as David did above! I hope you enjoyed it and that it was a great companion on that particular camino.

Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
A few months before acamino I needed a ball cap hat, but was put off by the price at the local running store. Later that day came across a slightly stained white ball cap sitting on a large boulder while out walking. A little bleach and it was perfect! Whilst on the Camino, my very bald friend realized had forgotten his hat several hours earlier. Not 5 minutes later, there was an abandoned one sitting on a hedge - he still has it.
Wow auburnfive! That’s fantastic! You would have had a lot of pleasure wearing the found cap - it’s uncanny finding it when you did - just after passing up on the pricey caps earlier that day. And your friend - finding the abandoned hat just when he really needed it ... the Camino really does provide. Great too that he still has the hat.

Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

Oh @BarbaraW - your lovely cardigan! But how wonderful was it to be gifted with a fleece that was exactly what you needed at Villamayor! Do you recall which albergue it was there? Was it the albergue run by the Dutch Association? The generosity of the volunteers there is just one reason why that albergue is a very special place to stay. What memories you have each time you wear the fleece!

Your merino cardi has had a different Camino - I hope its owner still has the pleasure of wearing it and a happy memory of a special ‘find’.

Cheers from Oz -
Jenny
Yes, it was that Albergue - Oasis Trails, and it was the most special stay of the trip. From the moment when a volunteer brought cold drinks to those of us waiting in line before opening time, to a warm farewell after breakfast. And a delicious communal meal and peaceful evening meditation, and beds that weren't bunks!
Cheers

Yes, it was that Albergue - Oasis Trails, and it was the most special stay of the trip. From the moment when a volunteer brought cold drinks to those of us waiting in line before opening time, to a warm farewell after breakfast. And a delicious communal meal and peaceful evening meditation, and beds that weren't bunks!
Cheers
I thought it might be Barbara! Oasis Trails is a wonderful albergue and the volunteers really go out on a limb to help, just as they did for you in finding you the fleece. Their welcome and the care for us all on the night I stayed there is something that has stayed with me. It’s a very special place. I particularly loved the evening meditation in the oldest part of the building - do you remember the manger? All so beautiful - staying there was like being in the biggest hug.

Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.