• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

French Camino donkey called "VALENTIN"

bribaby

Hi, in May/June 2010 I walked the Camino Frances and met a french man who was walking the Camino with his donkey whose name was VALENTIN. This donkey has/had his own website. Can anybody help with the web address?. Knowing what a huge database is on this forum, I am sure someone can help.
Bon Camino to all who are on any of the Camino's at the moment, we'll be walking from Madrid to Leon mid May

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi, in May/June 2010 I walked the Camino Frances and met a french man who was walking the Camino with his donkey whose name was VALENTIN. This donkey has/had his own website. Can anybody help with the web address?. ...

bribaby,

Is this your man and his donkey ?

" un âne et son pèlerin de meneur

J’en rêvais depuis longtemps mais cette fois c’est officiel ! je prend
le bâton de pèlerin sur les chemins de Saint -Jacques de Compos-
telle au matin du 23 mars 2010
Un partenaire de choix m’accompagnera. Il a dix ans, se
prénomme Valentin, quatre pattes, deux grandes oreilles, Oui, c’est
avec un âne qu’ensemble, chaque jour, depuis plusieurs semaines,
nous tissons des liens très fort. Il a d’abord fallu faire connais-
sance, se comprendre l’un et l’autre, avant de devenir une véritable
Ă©quipe de joyeux lurons prĂŞts Ă  passer plus de cinq mois sur les
sentiers de France et d’Espagne....."

For more and a photo of them both see the entry dated mars 2010 on
the French site Les Zoreilles du chemin

Bon Chemin,

Margaret Meredith

Last edited:
Hi, in May/June 2010 I walked the Camino Frances and met a french man who was walking the Camino with his donkey whose name was VALENTIN. This donkey has/had his own website. Can anybody help with the web address?. Knowing what a huge database is on this forum, I am sure someone can help.
Bon Camino to all who are on any of the Camino's at the moment, we'll be walking from Madrid to Leon mid May

Hi, bribaby!

Sorry I can't help you with your search for a Valentin, but would much appreciate if you could post something while on Camino de Madrid ;) I'll be walking late June, so it'd be nice to have some fresh updates.

Ultreia!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Hi, We didn't meet 'Valentin', but we did meet 'Venus' between Auch and Montesquiqou on the Chemin Arles in April 2013. Dayton

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
There's something about donkeys that brings a smile to your face. :)

We are preparing to walk the Chemin Stevenson, first done by Robert Louis Stevenson in 1878 with a donkey, Modestine. We will go without a donkey, because they require two handlers----one to push, one to pull.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Schoolchildren used to learn by heart this poem about a donkey.
The Donkey
BY G. K. CHESTERTON
When fishes flew and forests walked
And figs grew upon thorn,
Some moment when the moon was blood
Then surely I was born.

With monstrous head and sickening cry
And ears like errant wings,
The devil’s walking parody
On all four-footed things.

The tattered outlaw of the earth,
Of ancient crooked will;
Starve, scourge, deride me: I am dumb,
I keep my secret still.

Fools! For I also had my hour;
One far fierce hour and sweet:
There was a shout about my ears,
And palms before my feet.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back