• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD French green pass technical question

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Saxon

Time of past OR future Camino
Invierno 2023
First the good news. After 10 day wait I got email with my French green pass (pdf attachment) based on my USA vaccination.
The bad news is that it will not upload into the tousanticovid app or Apple wallet. Error message says that the certificate I received is not the proper format. Problem seems to be that the QR code that should be seen in lower left is missing and there is only QR code on upper right.
Has anyone else experienced this problem and more importantly does anyone have a fix? I’ve sent email to app support.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
FWIW, it is currently not possible to upload a French pass sanitaire QR code, or more generally any EU Digital Covid Certificate, directly into the Apple Wallet. You need an app or a website or some kind of specifically developed support that allows you to do this. I know little about this. Here are two recent sources:

As far as I understand it (see comments for the article), in the case of Spain, you cannot scan a pdf file/QR image into the Apple Wallet, you need to load it directly from your national/regional health service into the wallet. Which is only possible for people who were vaccinated/are registered as residents in Spain.

FWIW, I was vaccinated in the EU but not in France and I have two EU Digital Covid Certificates, one for the first vaccination and one for the second. I only needed the QR code for the second and final vaccination for upload into TousAntiCovid.

I guess that you have the most recent version of TousAntiCovid and that you tested the QR code with the TousAntiCovid Verif app?

Please let us know what the app support advises.

Last edited:
PS: Looks like it may be possible to scan an EU or UK vaccination pass into the Apple Wallet in iOS 15 but that is not yet available. Due "this fall".

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
FWIW, it is currently not possible to upload a French pass sanitaire QR code, or more generally any EU Digital Covid Certificate, directly into the Apple Wallet. You need an app or a website or some kind of specifically developed support that allows you to do this. I know little about this. Here are two recent sources:

As far as I understand it (see comments for the article), in the case of Spain, you cannot scan a pdf file/QR image into the Apple Wallet, you need to load it directly from your national/regional health service into the wallet. Which is only possible for people who were vaccinated/are registered as residents in Spain.

FWIW, I was vaccinated in the EU but not in France and I have two EU Digital Covid Certificates, one for the first vaccination and one for the second. I only needed the QR code for the second and final vaccination for upload into TousAntiCovid.

I guess that you have the most recent version of TousAntiCovid and that you tested the QR code with the TousAntiCovid Verif app?

Please let us know what the app support advises.
Yes. The TousAntiCovid app has a function for uploading PDF or photo of the French vaccination certificate that is provided on basis of US vaccination but the formatting of the provided certificate generates an error message. No answer from tech support yet. Feel sure I can just show attached certificate from email but wanted to know if others encountered this problem.

First the good news. After 10 day wait I got email with my French green pass (pdf attachment) based on my USA vaccination.
The bad news is that it will not upload into the tousanticovid app or Apple wallet. Error message says that the certificate I received is not the proper format. Problem seems to be that the QR code that should be seen in lower left is missing and there is only QR code on upper right.
Has anyone else experienced this problem and more importantly does anyone have a fix? I’ve sent email to app support.
Glad to hear that you got yours I, too, submitted mine about ten days ago. I am anxiously awaiting a positive outcome.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Glad to hear that you got yours I, too, submitted mine about ten days ago. I am anxiously awaiting a positive outcome.
I’m in Iceland now. I have my card and also an unofficial QR app from USA (vaxyes). Just thought using TousAntiCovid app for the French certificate would be easier and more acceptable in France. Is this different from the Verif app?

Yes. The TousAntiCovid app has a function for uploading PDF or photo of the French vaccination certificate that is provided on basis of US vaccination but the formatting of the provided certificate generates an error message. No answer from tech support yet. Feel sure I can just show attached certificate from email but wanted to know if others encountered this problem.
I've successfully scanned my own vaccination certificate into the TousAntiCovid app and helped someone else do it for them.

But it does indeed not matter how you display it, whether from an email, or on paper, or in an app. You just need to show the pixelled black and white square on screen or on paper so that they can scan it with the TousAntiCovid Verif app to check it.

Someone who had just arrived in SJPP posted this morning that every restaurant and café asked to see it and scanned it before they even took the order.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I was in France from August 5 to today. My husband fell on the the Le Puy chemin just before Lauzerte. We had applied for the health pass on August 10 when the process was first announced. We did receive notice of receipt and waited. While we walk we found more and more places asking for the health pass. When my husband fell, we still did not receive our passes. Because getting a train which now require the health pass for or a negative COVID test QR code, we got the test. Having made arrangements to stop our chemin and fly back to the United States today, I received my health pass finally- 10 days after applying. My husband still has not! Sorry for long story. I could not load pass onto the French app either. I did download it into my Files folder on my IPhone. I was able to show the form on the phone and the French restaurant and museum staff could scan the QR code. Does anyone know if the French health pass is acceptable in other EU countries?

Problem seems to be that the QR code that should be seen in lower left is missing and there is only QR code on upper right.
I have an EU Covid QR certificate in the form of a pdf file. It has only one black & white square with the QR code, not two. The position of the QR code is in the middle on the left, ie not where the two QR codes are (lower left and upper right) that you see in the sample in the French app when you get an error message.

I have the newest version of TousAntiCovid, version 3.7.3 #808.

I can import the pdf file without problems into the French app. The fact that there is only one QR code may not be your problem.

I mention this just out of interest. As already said, there is no need to either import or to scan the QR code into the French app. I see that you are already on the way so it may be difficult to scan the code from a printout or from a display on a screen. But scanning instead of importing is what I would try next while waiting for an answer from support.

Last edited:
Another FWIW and since I like to play around with stuff: I've just added my EU digital Covid certificate to my Apple Wallet. I'm on iOS 14.7.1 and therefore still needed a helper app / website to do this but it is easy to do. For all I know, as of iOS 15 we will be able to put the QR image and assorted info directly into the Wallet without any intermediate step. Will work the same with French pass sanitaire QRs generated through their conversion program for non-EU travellers.

The QR code of my EU compatible vaccination certificate then also installed itself on my Apple Watch. That's kinda cool ... :cool:

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Status
Not open for further replies.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back