• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD French health pass not being processed

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

MonicaB

Time of past OR future Camino
I applied for my French health pass about 10 days ago. This was the message I received today! What the heck? I’m going to apply again. Any thoughts?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I too got an email from the French government this morning saying that they were not processing my emailed request. I figured this might happen, since they opened the new web based application portal last week. I submitted a SECOND request through the web portal last week, and its status shows in the online account page as in-progress. So it appears that they are not processing the emailed request submitted earlier, but are processing the web based request submitted through the new portal.

I too got an email from the French government this morning saying that they were not processing my emailed request. I figured this might happen, since they opened the new web based application portal last week. I submitted a SECOND request through the web portal last week, and its status shows in the online account page as in-progress. So it appears that they are not processing the emailed request submitted earlier, but are processing the web based request submitted through the new portal.
Excellent, thanks for the info. Will do that later today! Cheers!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I applied for my French health pass about 10 days ago. This was the message I received today! What the heck? I’m going to apply again. Any thoughts?
Is this necessary for starting in SJPDP or if vaccinated is it still required

Thanks Barbara

The health pass IS your vaccine proof. You need it to access transport, restaurants, and hotels. There are stories of people being allowed into restaurants by showing their passport and vaccine proof to staff, but staff in France are under no obligation to serve you if you don't have the official health pass. Even though I'm only going to be in France a few days, I thought it was best to get one. Mind you, I am flying into France, and the real issue is getting from Paris down south. If I was literally taking a bus from Spain into SJPP, turning around, and walking back to Spain, you may not need this.

The web based portal to apply is quick'n'easy. They want a picture of your passport, your travel ticket, and your vaccine certificate from home. The link for tourists is: www.demarches-simplifiees.fr/commencer/passe-sanitaire-etrangers

I am in France right now with my bright, shiny health pass(pass sanitare) and got the same email. I suspect it is a mass system email.

American CDC cards are widely accepted and have not been a problem for our friends anywhere. Airport, bars, etc. You should be just fine, at least in France.

Cheers,

M

p.s. Yes, I am answering a lot of these covid pass questions since there is a lack of cross pollination. Please forgive me.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
p.s. Yes, I am answering a lot of these covid pass questions since there is a lack of cross pollination. Please forgive me.
Thank you! To carry your biology analogy further, there is a lack of cross pollination because the questions mutate and pop up on different threads faster even than Covid variants!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The health pass IS your vaccine proof. You need it to access transport, restaurants, and hotels. There are stories of people being allowed into restaurants by showing their passport and vaccine proof to staff, but staff in France are under no obligation to serve you if you don't have the official health pass. Even though I'm only going to be in France a few days, I thought it was best to get one. Mind you, I am flying into France, and the real issue is getting from Paris down south. If I was literally taking a bus from Spain into SJPP, turning around, and walking back to Spain, you may not need this.

The web based portal to apply is quick'n'easy. They want a picture of your passport, your travel ticket, and your vaccine certificate from home. The link for tourists is: www.demarches-simplifiees.fr/commencer/passe-sanitaire-etrangers
The web-based portal is also sending automatic messages that they are deluged with requests and may not get to all of them. We are already in France and still no response despite filling out the web-based form. We’ve heard this from other travelers as well. HOWEVER, CDC cards will work in most places except they have told us perhaps not in some larger venues. You may also get an antigen test at a pharmacy that will give you a QR code for three days. There is a cost for that, however. Keeping my fingers crossed that I will get our more permanent QR code before we go to Spain. Good luck all. Stay flexible. Don’t be nervous. It will all work out.

I got the same thing and applied again. Also flying Air France and they asked for the same stuff to be uploaded and sent again. I guess the worst is that we have to take a Covid test in france to get a temporary health pass. But what if we don’t get one?

I got the same thing and applied again. Also flying Air France and they asked for the same stuff to be uploaded and sent again. I guess the worst is that we have to take a Covid test in france to get a temporary health pass. But what if we don’t get one?
Hi Lisa, did you see the post of the new web portal to apply?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We landed in Paris on the 26th and had not received our pass from France. Just make sure you have your proof of vaccination from your local government. They accepted our Quebec documents even though the apps they use do not recognize our QR codes. There are testing tents all over Paris. The price for a test is 30€ but they are not necessary unless you have not been vaccinated. We went on the TGV train from Paris to Saint Jean and were never even asked if we had documents with proof of vaccination. We bought our tickets on li e and sailed through. We crossed into Spain and there is no real border crossing. So far there have been no issues and we have been hiking theough Spai since the 29th of August

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back