• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD French Pass Sanitaire

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vacajoe

Traded in my work boots for hiking ones
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, Portuguese, Aragon, Norte, SJWayUK, Nive
Just received my Pass Sanitaire from the French authorities, one month after applying and one week after leaving France 🙄. My American CDC Covid vaccination card was accepted everywhere in Biarritz, St Jean de Luz, and Hendaye except one restaurant.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I mistakenly applied for one which i didn't need to do as i have an EU (Irish) cert. But I did get a response just today (? 2 weeks later?) telling me my application was rejected because I didn't need it.

I have been traveling on in around Normandy and Brittany on and off the GR34 Sentier Littoral, Mount St Michel, Entretat..etc..everyplace essentially along the northwest coast and I have been asked for the pass sanitare in every case. I have been in France since July 16 prior the pass being enacted. While waiting for the pass within 24-48hrs I was turned away in several places with my US covid pass left to drink my coffee on the sidewalk in a paper cup and also because my companions who are French natives had not yet been fully vaccinated even with 1 of 2 covid injection they were not allowed in a cafe or bar to sit.

My personal opinion is I believe compliance varied at the start as it was a learning curve but now most if not all businesses in France are in compliance, at least that is speaking for the region I am in . I think it may also depend on the covid situation in the region one is in. I think in @Vacajoe ‘s case if he could show that he applied for the pass and was waiting to receive it, maybe the business’ may or may not allow one in ….purely subjective I think. Happy he was able to get along without it but sad the system did not work the way it should and he got it after arriving back in the USA.

If a person is only in France one day passing thru then you may be able to use the COVID test and get a temporary pass for 72 hrs (this has beeen discussed before in other threads) but my honest 2 euro advise if staying longer in France is “follow French rules when in France”…and you will avoid the hassle.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I have been traveling on in around Normandy and Brittany on and off the GR34 Sentier Littoral, Mount St Michel, Entretat..etc..everyplace essentially along the northwest coast and I have been asked for the pass sanitare in every case. I have been in France since July 16 prior the pass being enacted. While waiting for the pass within 24-48hrs I was turned away in several places with my US covid pass left to drink my coffee on the sidewalk in a paper cup and also because my companions who are French natives had not yet been fully vaccinated even with 1 of 2 covid injection they were not allowed in a cafe or bar to sit.

My personal opinion is I believe compliance varied at the start as it was a learning curve but now most if not all businesses in France are in compliance, at least that is speaking for the region I am in . I think it may also depend on the covid situation in the region one is in. I think in @Vacajoe ‘s case if he could show that he applied for the pass and was waiting to receive it, maybe the business’ may or may not allow one in ….purely subjective I think. Happy he was able to get along without it but sad the system did not work the way it should and he got it after arriving back in the USA.

If a person is only in France one day passing thru then you may be able to use the COVID test and get a temporary pass for 72 hrs (this has beeen discussed before in other threads) but my honest 2 euro advise if staying longer in France is “follow French rules when in France”…and you will avoid the hassle.
Amen! I will be in the EU for 8 weeks this coming spring. Because I purchased the tickets, I went ahead and applied for the pass on Sep 5th. I was just sent the acceptance this morning. It was filled out with the correct dates for my visit-- I am flying in and out of Paris.

I still have to figure out what to do, if anything, for flights within the EU (which I have not yet purchased). I have plans to fly to Italy to see distant family, then flight from Rome to Lisbon, moving by train/on foot along Portuguese route and flight from SDC back to Paris and remaining there for a week before heading back home.

Amen! I will be in the EU for 8 weeks this coming spring. Because I purchased the tickets, I went ahead and applied for the pass on Sep 5th. I was just sent the acceptance this morning. It was filled out with the correct dates for my visit-- I am flying in and out of Paris.

I still have to figure out what to do, if anything, for flights within the EU (which I have not yet purchased). I have plans to fly to Italy to see distant family, then flight from Rome to Lisbon, moving by train/on foot along Portuguese route and flight from SDC back to Paris and remaining there for a week before heading back home.
I wish you happy and safe travels. I will let everyone know if any difficulties getting home out of Paris but I suspect and hope I will not have any. Flight was changed once from non stop to one stop(Delta). Not happy but have no choice as it is what is available to the selected airport/date I am traveling. Air France sent instructions to visit their page for predeparture instructions. Basically… I am fully vaccinated I do not need USA attestation form-this only for non vaccinated passengers ,so before departure from France I will need to show my pass sanitare at the airport and or CDC card And my negative test (I chose to take the PCR). I have already scheduled my covid test 3 day prior to departing from a local laboratory/pharmacy per US instruction. I have attached a screen shot associated cost as per the official French government website ..said website also list available testing sites per region Along with the address and phone numbers to assist in your schedulI got.

I wish I could stay in France but another foot surgery awaits …good luck everyone Buen Camino! Promise to keep everyone updated after my arrival in US.

Attachments

• 9BD44DB9-E550-411D-9C36-73BDBE34E4E7.jpeg
    9BD44DB9-E550-411D-9C36-73BDBE34E4E7.jpeg
    550.4 KB · Views: 2
  • B7C8287B-40CF-4378-8617-A44C01E531A3.jpeg
    B7C8287B-40CF-4378-8617-A44C01E531A3.jpeg
    591.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back