• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD French QR Pass Sanitaire Rec’d

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I applied for my French Vax pass on August 16 using my Canadian provincial documents. (Alberta’s rather inadequate proof)
I received the pass today August 26 , 6 hours before takeoff.
Whew. So happy for you. I applied the 22 for my sept 5 trip. From BC and hopefully will get mine too! Have a great trip!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The Canadian pass is quicker than the US one. I applied on 8/13 and am still waiting. I will be in Roncesvalles tomorrow so it’s too late if it does show up. The good news is that I have not been turned away anywhere after showing my vaccination card. By contrast I received my answer from Spain within about 5 minutes. Go figure

The Canadian pass is quicker than the US one. I applied on 8/13 and am still waiting. I will be in Roncesvalles tomorrow so it’s too late if it does show up. The good news is that I have not been turned away anywhere after showing my vaccination card. By contrast I received my answer from Spain within about 5 minutes. Go figure
I applied on 8/11 and am still waiting. I fly into Paris on U tied and then on to Biarritz on Air France. Very concerned about that leg of the trip if I have not gotten the health pass.

I did the same thing on Delta / Air France and the vaccination card was accepted. The French Pass is frustrating. I followed the directions meticulously and received an immediate reply to confirm it’s receipt, then nothing.
Good Luck!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I applied for my French Vax pass on August 16 using my Canadian provincial documents. (Alberta’s rather inadequate proof)
Wahoo!!! I am in Winnipeg airport enroute!! Buen Camino

In defense of the French pass, which I am thankful for, they advise they process them as each departure date looms.

OMGoodness. My paperwork emailed three weeks ago. I leave 9/23
It's my understanding that they are processing them according to your date of travel. Therefore they will process an application that they receive today for someone who is traveling next week before they will process the application for someone traveling in late September.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Bombay Bill, the French pass does not process in any kind of order. My husband and I applied August 13 with identical information from two separate emails. I received my pass 4 days later, and he has yet to receive his. I’ve heard the same from others. It’s very frustrating, and seems completely random. If he doesn’t receive it, we’ll just have to muddle along as best as possible, as we have almost a month planned in France.

In defense of the French pass, which I am thankful for, they advise they process them as each departure date looms.
I did read this, which I why I am hoping that it comes next week. I am just concerned about getting on Air France in Paris without it. I believe that I have read that I can get an antigen test in the airport but would really like to have the pass situation resolved before hand. I am going to get an antigen test on Saturday before I leave on Monday in hopes that it might be acceptable. Thanks.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I applied on 8/11 and am still waiting. I fly into Paris on U tied and then on to Biarritz on Air France. Very concerned about that leg of the trip if I have not gotten the health pass.
Please post to keep us updated on your situation. Blessings that it all works out as I’m sure it will be! Buen Camino!

I am more than a little confused about the requirements for entering France. After reading this threat I went onto the source of all info, the Google Search. First stop was the Consulate General of France in New York, If You Are Vaccinated section. From a Green Country (The US is currently listed as a Green County by the French). If you are vaccinated you can travel to France with no restrictions linked to health conditions. You need proof of vaccination and a sworn declaration downloaded on the Interior Ministry's website.

Next stop on the Google Train was Ministère de L'Intérieur, Certificate of international travel, which shows the US as a Green Country. Down load the Statement of Honor, which is a sworn statement to comply with the rules for entry to be presented to the transport companies before boarding and the border control authorities.

So far I have not been able to find any requirement for obtaining a QR code document from the government of France before entering.

I know Spain has one, but the threat appears to be French based, not Spanish. How confused am I? Please help me untangle this. Gracias.

I am more than a little confused about the requirements for entering France. After reading this threat I went onto the source of all info, the Google Search. First stop was the Consulate General of France in New York, If You Are Vaccinated section. From a Green Country (The US is currently listed as a Green County by the French). If you are vaccinated you can travel to France with no restrictions linked to health conditions. You need proof of vaccination and a sworn declaration downloaded on the Interior Ministry's website.

Next stop on the Google Train was Ministère de L'Intérieur, Certificate of international travel, which shows the US as a Green Country. Down load the Statement of Honor, which is a sworn statement to comply with the rules for entry to be presented to the transport companies before boarding and the border control authorities.

So far I have not been able to find any requirement for obtaining a QR code document from the government of France before entering.

I know Spain has one, but the threat appears to be French based, not Spanish. How confused am I? Please help me untangle this. Gracias.
You are correct, that it's not needed to enter the country, but according to this article:

Since July 21, France has been requiring something called the pass sanitaire or health pass for entry into museums, cinemas, sporting events and other cultural venues. Since August 9, the pass sanitaire is required to enter restaurants and cafés – even their outdoor terraces – and to travel between cities on trains (the Paris subway is excluded from this requirement).

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Muchas gracias. I appreciate the quick response.

My wife, sister in law and I all applied for ours on the 16th as well with US docs. My sister in law got her pass within 3 hrs, my wife got hers on the 23rd and I’m still waiting. Apparently you can take a COVID test at any pharmacy in France and get a 3-day pass with a positive antigen result.

What document or pass did you apply for? And where?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Great, thanks. This is certainly different than what is on the other French websites. I appreciate the info.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Despite what their web information says, my experience has been that processing your application for the pass sanitaire is completely random. I had been in France since August 5 when the announcement was made that the application process had now become available. That announcement came on August 10 and both my husband and I applied on August 10. Clearly the date in the subject line, the application, and our airline tickets indicated we were already in France. I received my pass on August 20 and my husband has never received his.

We have a friend (U.S.) that applied for the pass and didn't receive it before she left. She's in France now and said she did a quick test at a pharmacy and got a QR code. I don't know how long that code is good for though.

In France, a qr code for a rapid antigen test is good for 72 hours.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back