• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino FRESH PICTURES FROM CAMINO

andy_h

Hi everybody
I'm on my Camino. Started on Friday 11/04/08
On my website andyhendon.com you can find very fresh pictures of Camino taken between SJPP and Puente de la Reina where I'm now. Just choose albums/camino. Sorry for the quality but I didn't have time to work on them.
By the way. In Puente de la Reina is Hotel called Jakue. They have also an albergue. It is only 1 euro more expensive but much better than minicipale one.
Buen Camino
Andy

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Andy,

Great pictures, thank you for sharing. Makes me wish I was there again.

Ultrea,

Jerry

Hi Andy,

Wonderful photos! It is great to see the Camino at a different time of year! You're moving fast! And the weather looks pretty good....thanks for taking the time to post the pictures... great memories!

Buen Camino,

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I just thought I'd thrown in a suggestion of something I do that works well for me - I take zillions of photographs and often can't recall later on where or what the picture is of, so what I did on the Camino is at the start of each day I'd take a photo of the map of my day's walk (I used the Brierley guide for both Caminos) so I'd know that all the following photos belong to that day, and I'd take a photo of the sign of the town name as I'd enter each town so I could narrow it even further. I must admit that I went to quite the extreme in that I'd photograph my guide books' description of each point-of-interest that I took a picture of, so I could read later on the history or significance of it; photograph the outside and inside of each albergue to aid my memory as after a few they all blur together, and of course, take pics of all the friends I made along the way. I hope this might help some other memory-challenged pilgrims!

Andy, thank you! they were wonderful...raw state or not! Loved the muddy boots! Could almost smell the springtime! And I was very impressed by that bull? cow? Not quite sure how I would have gotten around it!

alipilgrim..thank you for the suggestion for keeping things clear with the photos! There will be four in my group doing the Portuguese route in 35 days!! ..we'll all be snapping away and this will help us keep track!

Buen Camino All
Karin

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hola Andy!

lucky you, despite the atrocious weather we have been having! I was 2 days ahead of you, actually, but I only was able to make it up to Burgos, I left el Camino in Burgos last monday, and I also left some fabulous people in it, still trying to adapt myself to normal life outside.

I hope you enjoy the meseta as much as I did 2 years ago, the most pensive beautiful spiritual part of the Camino in my opinion, it was great seeing your photos, I even had the "pincho" you show in the photo, the rolled up ham slice and the really tasty broth with mushroom!!!

Keep updating us from the camino as you make progress, compañero! All the landscapes look so familiar so far...

Hello Andrzej.
I wave watched all your photos and I really enjoyed them .I cannot wait until august. Hope, that the weather will be a bit better.
Are you in Santiago yet? ;) Take care.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back