• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

From Alcalá la Real to Baena via Priego de Córdoba?

apoivre

Time of past OR future Camino
Mozárabe de Almería in March 2019
As I was researching my upcoming walk on the Mozárabe I found what looks like an interesting detour off the main track. That is, I could go from Alcalá la Real to Baena via Almedinilla, Priego de Córdoba and the Sierras Subbéticas Natural Park. I came up with a rough route that is 61 km, almost completely off road, easily breakable in two stages at Priego. It passes some interesting towns and villages (Zagrilla, Luque or Zuheros). The climb from Zagrilla in the Subbéticas looks quite steep but all in all the route sounds promising.

Has anyone tried taking this way rather than via Alcaudete? There's a least one track like this on WIkiloc that is marked as 'Mozárabe' so it may be an older version of the official route.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Interesting. Perhaps your detour connects with the route from Malaga, which skirts the other side of the Sierras Subbéticas Natural Park - from Cabra, through Doña Mencia, to Baena.
Peter in Alcaudete might know something about the route. His number is in the guide published by the Almeria association. But I didn't get a response last time I sent him a message. I hope he's doing okay.

Most read last week in this forum

I've just completed the Camino Mozarabe from Almeria. My first Camino was the Camino Frances from SJPDP in October 2021. I don't have a trip report as such. I know people who trip on mushrooms...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back