• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

From Aveiro To Ovar

Nat2020

Time of past OR future Camino
Caminho Portugwe da Costa (2019 July)
Lisboa - Porto (2020 July)
Boa tarde É possível caminhar depois de cruzar o São Jacinto para Owar ao longo da lagoa. Encontrei informações: "A proposta é iniciar no terminal de Ferry de São Jacinto e finalizar na Pousada de Juventude de Ovar". Mas ela é 2014.
Good afternoon. Can I take a walk after crossing San Jacinto to Owara along the lagoon?
A have found this information, but it was in 2014

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Last year, I hiked from South Portugal to Santiago and I had a stage from São Jacinto to Ovar. My previous stage were Praia da Mira to São Jacinto : I took the ferry and walked to Camping Orbitur of São Jacinto (4 or 5 kilometrers after the ferry). With a credential there're special prices for pilgrims in Orbitur camping : for 1 person around 14 euros fro a night in a basic bungalow with a big bed and a fridge. There's also a municipal camping in São Jacinto but the distance will be more important to go to Pousada de Juventud de Ovar. Not far away from this pousada de juventude, there's a supermaket with 2 or 3 fastfood/restaurant. From São Jacinto to ovar it's around 28 km.
see this link : http://www.caminador.es/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/CAL16.SAO-JACINTO-OVARx2.pdf
Regards,
Henri
PS : see my youtube channel : he.panpub and have a look to videos 7 from 2018 : Praia da Mira to Porto. Obviously, it's possible to subscribe !

Thank you.
We planning to go Lisbon - Cascais - Sintra - Praja da Magoioto - Ericeira -Santa Cruz - Praia Areia Branca - Baleal - Caldas de Rainha. Then o Aveiro (by bus) and then Aviero - Ovar - Espinho - Porto. We think to stay in Sintra 2 days. I have found the same link. But I was worried, because it was written in 2014.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
If you want informations, ask me !

Hello, He.panpub.
Tell me the cost of the ferry crossing, please. If the ferry does not work, how to cross?
In A-Gourde, the ferry was broken and we crossed by boat.
Where is the best bus timetable from Caldas de Rainha to Aveiro? Or better the train. if there?
Thank you.

Hi,
The cost of the ferry is 2.10 €. The company is Aveirobus (bus and/or ferry made by Transdev). The ferry stop is at Forte da Barra ; there are connection with buses not far away from the harbour. From Caldas da Rainha to Aveiro, i think the best thing to do is going to Coimbra and then to Aveiro : use this link for train (3h15 ; 15-20 €) :
https://www.cp.pt/passageiros/en
or by bus (2h45, 12-16 €), follow this link :
https://www.rede-expressos.pt/en
regards,
Henri

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank your,Henri. I think to choose the way to Coimbra.
I want
1) to to get to Caldas and on the same day go to Coimbra. And the next morning to leave for Aveiro.
OR
2) to to get to Caldas, and the next day to leave for Coimbra and after a few hours to Aveiro.
I must choose between these two ways.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back