• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

From Bilbao airport to train station (Camino del Norte)

charlesstones

Time of past OR future Camino
France 05/2018 & Portugues 09/2018 , France 05/2019
Planning Via del Plata
Bilbao airport transfer to the train station is it far and are there any links?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Look here:

This is what you are looking for (copied from that website):

There are no direct railway links from the airport to the city, however if you need to get to the main train station Estación de Abando, take the previously mentioned bus line nr.3247 and exit at the bus station which is located 2 mins walking distance from the train station.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank you for the information.

Bilbao airport transfer to the train station is it far and are there any links?
It is not far. The regular airport bus referred to above leaves every 20 minutes or so from the airport. There are stops once you reach the city, and the train station is near the first stop. I am unclear from the information above what is meant when they say the bus station is two minutes walking from the train station. The train station is at one end of the main street, and the Termibus, ie bus station, to all intents and purposes is at the other end, Maybe the metro, located adjacent to the Termibus, links with the train station? Obviously, a taxi will solve many problems.... but depending on the luggage involved, it is much more cost effective to take the airport bus and sniff your way to the train station. The bus drivers will know where to let you off if you ask for Abando.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We also took the bus from the airport, it works well.

Just walk to the right as you exit the airport building (or walk inside) and look for the bus ticket booth right at the far end.

Buy the ticket before boarding.

The bus times are on a digital board by the bus stop itself

If you do not have much luggage, I suggest you take the bus A3247 and get down at the second stop in Bilbao (Gran Via 46 - Sota). From there, follow the Gran Via street in the direction of the old part of Bilbao (Casco Viejo) and the train station at Abando is only like 10 min away by foot. Its an easy straight line walk.

The taxi from the airport will cost you around 30 Euros and the current bus fare is 3 Euros.
The bus ride takes about 20 min to reach Bilbao.
The bus timings can be found here (the website is in Spanish - look for A3247): https://web.bizkaia.eus/es/web/bizkaibus/lineas

If you have more than an hour and a half for the transfer, going by bus is the best and cheap option. As @David mentioned, the bus stop is at the very end of the airport and the tickets can be bought before you board the bus and timings are displayed there.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thank you a few good options available, will have my back pack of course so will depend on my train time and the link to get to it but lots of option.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, I'm searching for any transportation ways to to get to sjpp from Biarritz. Would anyone let me know how to get to? I would like taking bus or train. Thank you.
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back