• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

From CDG to Bayonne by Lunea Corail night train

Antonis265

Hey Guys,
Hope you are all well!! :)
I’m doing the Camino this year and i booked my ticket to CDG... but I’m worry after arriving..
My plan is:
I’m arriving at France CDG on 13 Aug at 18:00 ... Then I will get the metro to Gare d'Austerlitz to get the night train Lunea Corail to Bayonne that departs at 23:00... and arriving on 7:00 the morning.. after I will get the train to SJP…
Did any do this route before to get to SJP .. ?
I mean to use Lunea Corail night train to Bayonne... Do they run every night?
Is easy to get from CDG to Train station by metro?
Anyone experienced this before?
Any thoughts and suggestion will be very helpful!!

Many thanks
Antonis

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I’m arriving at France CDG on 13 Aug at 18:00 ... Then I will get the metro to Gare d'Austerlitz to get the night train Lunea Corail to Bayonne that departs at 23:00... and arriving on 7:00 the morning.. after I will get the train to SJP… Is easy to get from CDG to Train station by metro?
The transit connections from CDG via RER 2 to Metro are quite easy and take about an hour. You will have time to collect your things at the airport, even allowing for any air delays, and even get a nice meal before your train departs. Be sure to pick up a picnic meal before you board the train ... or you will wake up hungry!

(I have not taken the Lunea Corail but did make the run into Austerlitz and out to CDG via the rails.)

One thing about French transport stations: these are not roller-luggage (or wheelchair) friendly places; short flights of steps come along frequently at inconvenient places, with no mechanical lift alternative. There is also quite a big step up onto the rail cars (for the trains, not the Metro). It is obviously anticipated that everyone will be travelling lightly.

Hi my friend,

Ok thanks for the info! Useful enough! :)
The only thing that’s remaining is the Lunea train!

hope everything run smoothly!

xx

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Antonis265 said:
Did any do this route before to get to SJP .. ?

Hi!

My wife travelled on that train in the fall of 2009. She felt it was a good way to go Paris-Bayonne.
Make sure to have your name on the ''wake-up list''. My wife didn't and she ended in Handaye, sleeping through the stop in Bayonne. I guess that speaks well for the comfort of the berth.

Cheers,
Jean-Marc

Hey,

Wow! thats is far away from Bayonne :)

That good to know that somewhere else used it anw!

Is very inconvenience, saving a day, causeno needo stay in Paris and get a train next day thats arrive late at Bayonne!

thanx mate!

Most read last week in this forum

I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
We are leaving May 4th for the Camino, starting in Ponferrada. I tried online to book the Correos Pac Monchila luggage transfer service and it provided a drop down list box of specific...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back