• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

from cdg to orly airport

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
hi
what is the fastest and cheapest way to go from cdg to orly airport?
thank you

Flying often in and out of Paris for me the simplest and easiest way from CDG to Orly is by the Air France bus. See more info in English here.

You do not need to have flown on Air France to use their buses!

Bon voyage and Buen camino!

There are two public transport options from CDG to Orly.

RER B train from CDG to Station Antony. Catch Orly Val, the Orly Airport shuttle, from Station Antony to either Orly terminal. It takes about 1h30; or,

Air France bus 3 as described by Margaret. Their website states that it takes 1h15 but people here have anecdotally stated time of travel is sometimes faster.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
You'll get better answers if you provide the time of day and the day of the week you're landing.

There are two public transport options from CDG to Orly.

RER B train from CDG to Station Antony. Catch Orly Val, the Orly Airport shuttle, from Station Antony to either Orly terminal. It takes about 1h30; or,

Air France bus 3 as described by Margaret. Their website states that it takes 1h15 but people here have anecdotally stated time of travel is sometimes faster.
And it can be considerably longer, up to 3 hours if it is peak traffic time.

Depending on what you eat, cheapest would probably be walking, about 40 km. Can't vouch as to safety, but from I could see from the RER, I wouldn't do it...

I agree, more information would be needed for a good answer (time needed for connection, time of day, day of week, etc.).

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I have booked my flight from Calgary to Pau with KLM this fall. The flights from Toronto to Paris cdg and from Paris Orly to Pau are both with Air France. I have heard that Air France connecting flights arriving in cdg and onward from Orly include the bus ticket to Orly. I am not sure how to confirm this or where to find the tickets in cdg. Has anyone taken such a flight and been given a bus ticket by Air France for the trip to Orly? Where did they pick up the ticket?
For information for other travelers, my flight from Toronto arrives at cdg at 08:05 and my flight from Orly to Pau departs at 13:20, allowing 5.25 hours for the transfer.

Albertagirl,

Perhaps you can confirm the bus ticket through where/whom you "heard" of this possibility.

If not ask when you check in for the first AirFrance leg flying Toronto to Paris/CDG.

Nevertheless you can always ask at the AirFrance help desk when you arrive in Paris/CDG by showing them your tickets.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Depending on what you eat, cheapest would probably be walking, about 40 km. Can't vouch as to safety, but from I could see from the RER, I wouldn't do it...

I agree, more information would be needed for a good answer (time needed for connection, time of day, day of week, etc.).
The RER not safe? Safe enough for those living is one of the largest andmost cosmopolitam cities on thos planet.

See FROM the RER, not on it. :)

The RER was great, but I saw a whole lot of non-pedestrian friendly highways from the RER. The "housing" that I saw in the north suburbs of Paris (e.g., inside of cloverleafs of the highways) might also give safety concerns to some as well.

So in other words, I wouldn't walk because it is not pedestrian safe, and because the neighborhoods north of Paris might not be safe as those in Paris.

As an FYI, I wouldn't suggest that people walk from a comparable airport in Washington, DC -- BWI airport -- to Washington, DC for the same reason.

Last edited:
Albertagirl,

Perhaps you can confirm the bus ticket through where/whom you "heard" of this possibility.

If not ask when you check in for the first AirFrance leg flying Toronto to Paris/CDG.

Nevertheless you can always ask at the AirFrance help desk when you arrive in Paris/CDG by showing them your tickets.

Thanks, @mspath:
I have a vague memory that the recommendation was to check at the Air France desk at cdg for a bus ticket to Orly, but I have seen the advice above to buy a ticket online and save the hassle of a last-minute purchase. I am one of those people who likes to have everything done in advance, but I prefer not to pay for something that I can get free. I thought that perhaps someone would have got a free ticket previously and could advise me. I guess that with five hours to spend I really don't need to fuss about this. After two long flights from western Canada, I am afraid that I shall not be functioning very well.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks, @mspath:
I have a vague memory that the recommendation was to check at the Air France desk at cdg for a bus ticket to Orly, but I have seen the advice above to buy a ticket online and save the hassle of a last-minute purchase. I am one of those people who likes to have everything done in advance, but I prefer not to pay for something that I can get free. I thought that perhaps someone would have got a free ticket previously and could advise me. I guess that with five hours to spend I really don't need to fuss about this. After two long flights from western Canada, I am afraid that I shall not be functioning very well.

Here is the Air France shuttle bus website. Note in the upper right corner there is a link: 'contact us'. You'll probably appreciate getting answers from reliable sources (we are well-meaning here but I wouldn't call any of us a reliable source) ... try asking the service provider.
http://en.lescarsairfrance.com/

Here is the Air France shuttle bus website. Note in the upper right corner there is a link: 'contact us'. You'll probably appreciate getting answers from reliable sources (we are well-meaning here but I wouldn't call any of us a reliable source) ... try asking the service provider.
http://en.lescarsairfrance.com/
Thank you.
Edit: It turns out that the contact through the above link will only reply that I must contact Air France directly and that it apparently costs .34 euros a minute to do so, so I think that I shall just ask Air France at the airport in Toronto, and again in Paris, if necessary. I have spent too long trying to get information from an airline to be willing to pay for the privilege. Thanks to you for helping with this.

Last edited:
Thank you.
Edit: It turns out that the contact through the above link will only reply that I must contact Air France directly and that it apparently costs .34 euros a minute to do so, so I think that I shall just ask Air France at the airport in Toronto, and again in Paris, if necessary. I have spent too long trying to get information from an airline to be willing to pay for the privilege. Thanks to you for helping with this.

Worst case scenario is you pay 21 euro ... not worth losing sleep over.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Worst case scenario is you pay 21 euro ... not worth losing sleep over.
You're absolutely right, but there will be no sleep to lose the night before. I make bad decisions after losing a night's sleep, as I discovered from wandering around the main Madrid bus depot for an hour in exhausted confusion after my bus ticket to the airport didn't take me there last November. So I am trying to sort out as much as possible out in advance, to avoid unnecessary confusion while in transit. Thanks again.

You're absolutely right, but there will be no sleep to lose the night before. I make bad decisions after losing a night's sleep, as I discovered from wandering around the main Madrid bus depot for an hour in exhausted confusion after my bus ticket to the airport didn't take me there last November. So I am trying to sort out as much as possible out in advance, to avoid unnecessary confusion while in transit. Thanks again.

I guess the other people to ask is KLM. It takes some effort to get to the place where you can actually ask a question electronically but it is possible.

home/customer support/ contact us /other topics / send an e-mail to the KLM service center

https://www.klm.com/home/ca/en

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The schedule is all we have to go on ... and scheduled time of travel doesn't vary with time of day or day of week.

The potential of traffic delays varies with with day and time of day. Saturday and Sunday mornings are very different from weekdays. I'd plan differently depending on exactly when I'm arriving, and I'd make a recommendation on that basis as well.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
afer 2100...
any need to change trains?
and first morning train? better?

RER B4 train to Station Antony where you transfer to Orly Val. Orly Val is the Orly shuttle train.

There are two RER B train routes ... B2 and B4.

You need to take RER B4 that terminates at St Remy les Chevruese.

i read it isnt so safe at night?

Well, last fall I came into Orly at about 22:00 and took OrlyVal to the RER B to the Place St Michel. It might have been creepy if I'd been the only one, but there was half a plane load of people doing the same thing so there were lots of folks around.

I would think it would be the same from CDG--when you land you're not going to be the sole person from the plane doing this. You should have plenty of company.

I haven't been in Paris for a few years, but what has happened for the RER to be creepy?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Nothing. Just the rather eerie feeling of being all alone in a place like that, if you are, which wouldn't happen often. I did find it rather disconcerting, having bought the wrong ticket at Orly, that there was nobody in the information booth at St Michel to ask about what to do to get out, but he just turned out to be on break.

It's a subway system. It's not going to be lovely, but it's not too scary to use, either.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back