Search 69,459 Camino Questions

From Chantada to Rodeiro

peregrina2000

Staff member
This stage may have a couple of challenges, so since Luka's on her way soon, I'll post a few things.

I'd recommend going all the way to the ermita at Alto de Faro, it's just 500 m off the Camino and it is a pretty iconic place. They say you can see all four gallego provinces from up there. To get there, after the ascending dirt road merges with a paved road, look on the left for some steps and crosses in the grass. That takes you to the top. To continue, go to the cruzeiro (cross) and you'll see arrows down. This will get you back on the camino, just in time for the interminable kms alongside windmills.

The other challenge is after Pazo de Camba. There is a new road being built and it may have messed up a few arrows. I was lucky and didn't get lost, but a big group from Ponferrada had a rough go of it. What I would say is that whenever you come to a fork and see that one way has a temporary roadworks sign (telling you that it's forbidden to go there), follow their instructions and don't take that option. There were several of these into Rodeiro, and for some reason I was very lucky.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Day 1: Ponferrada to Villavieja As usual, life has a habit of changing plans so we found ourselves on the Invierno a month later than expected. Regardless though, we are happy to finally get...
If I leave Ponferrada early enough to arrive in Villavieja and spend some time at the castle Cornatel, can I leave the next day, spend some meaningful time beholding las Medulas and Orellan, and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back