• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Camino Olvidado Guide created by one of our forum members

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

From Ciñera to Pola de Gordón (bypassing Buiza)

peregrina2000

Staff member
Ender reports two chance meetings with @QuailHiker in Ciñera today. He was able to give a lift for those last kms into Pola de Gordón because the rain was starting — nice coincidence!

He also told me that since the albergue in Buiza is closed, there is a more direct way for peregrinos to get from Ciñera to Pola de Gordón. It is not on the camino, not marked, but it is off-road mostly and Ender has made tracks for the GPS.

I wish I had known about this back in 2019, because we wound up in a lot of brambles going into Buiza and had planned to continue on to Pola de Gordón anyway.

So, if you have GPS, and want a flat shorter alternative to go from Ciñera to Pola de Gordón, follow these tracks. They go along the river.

You will miss the statue of the wolf looking down on you from on high, and you won’t passthrough La Vid with all its brightly decorated walls of the long rows of what used to be miners’ houses, but it’s a good alternative, IMO.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back