• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

From Cluny to Le Puy

bjorgts

Time of past OR future Camino
In Spain, France, Portugal, Germany since 2003
I just wanted to tell on the forum that my husband and I walked for two weeks from Cluny to Le Puy in June. Or we nearly went to Le Puy. Because of the heat and walking a lot up and down the first week, we did not reach our aim. (After a week we did not try either!)

Why tell you this? For several reasons. This is a route not very well known. We met 4 other walkers for two weeks. So if you want solitude, this is a good place! One of the 4 who we met, had been walking from Strasbourg. We saw in the guest-books that he was not the only one doing that. Both people and landscape were very friendly. The planners of this route have made great efforts to avoid big roads. The result is a very nice walk on paths and small roads. The asphalt-walking is seldom. The result is also a lot of walking up and down hillsides, and some days with much walking in forests, but we found that nice.

There are not many albergues, but enough Gîte de etappes. Usually people book ahead, but we did not. We like the Spanish way of just walking and see what happens, and since we were almost alone, we found a place to sleep. (With some trouble a couple of times.)

There are two good guide-books, and you need them both; one for the walking and one for the places to sleep. I can give the names, and of course a lot of other more concrete information about the route if somebody is interested.

I have been walking in Spain every year since 2003. This walking in June was our first walking in France, and we want to go back and continue. (We walked from Caceres to Zamora in April.) So I am now one of those who find the caminos both in Spain and in France nice, but different.

Please ask if there is someone who wants more information.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.