• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

From home in Ireland to Santiago de Compostela.

The_Pilgrim

Time of past OR future Camino
Present
Hi
I'm walking the Camino from Portlaoise in Ireland to Santiago de Compostela for Cancer Research, a trip of 2500k. I'm vloging on YT and the other platforms.
At the moment, I'm in Llandovery heading for Swansea.
After Swansea I will head over to Lynton and Lynmouth to start the Two Moors Way which will bring me to Plymouth, there I will get a ferry to Roscoff in France and make my way south.
Join me on
https://youtube.com/channel/UCoka9yQBUAjDVsGO-a06YVA

Intro

PM me for link to the Just Giving website, or you will find it in the YouTube videos descriptions.

Regards

Eamonn

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Welcome pilgrim, I read the article in the Irish Times about your pilgrimage, @kirkie sent it on to me. Firstly our condolences on the passing of your sister, what you are doing is a great testament to her. If you can update us whenever you can on your epic Camino it would be great.
Buen Camino agus go n-eirí an bóthar leat.

Welcome pilgrim, I read the article in the Irish Times about your pilgrimage, @kirkie sent it on to me. Firstly our condolences on the passing of your sister, what you are doing is a great testament to her. If you can update us whenever you can on your epic Camino it would be great.
Buen Camino agus go n-eirí an bóthar leat.
Thank you I will do my best

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
As in, from Swansea to Plymouth you have this to walk...

2FCE940C-CC81-4763-9653-11D04842DE6E.jpegA1317B9B-54C3-447E-98A5-2B11FFA47864.jpeg
Thank goodness you have a couple of rest days!

As in, from Swansea to Plymouth you have this to walk...

View attachment 123379View attachment 123380
Thank goodness you have a couple of rest days!
No the plan was to cross the Bristol channel in a boat to Lynton and Lynmouth then pick up the Two Moors Way. But i haven't found a boat hire yet I'll be looking tomorrow to see what i can find

Best of luck Eamonn, can I ask why you opted to go through England instead of taking the ferry from Rosslare?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Sure you can ask.
My first plan was exactly that, but as I start to play with the idea of posting it online, i realised that the longer the Camino, the more time the fundraiser had to grow.
Wales was always going to be the toughest, if i could get to Swansea then the rest should be doable barring injury or outside forces. Wales has the added bonus of being beautiful.
The longer this goes on the more content is uploaded online. This gives credibility and allows Main Stream Media to watch and decide to promote or not. They can make a huge difference, especially if we can get TV and Radio involved. Of course the people who already follow me have a job to do and that is to keep sharing. If people can't afford to donate, that's fine but tapping the share a like buttons help spread the word.

Hi
I'm walking the Camino from Portlaoise in Ireland to Santiago de Compostela for Cancer Research, a trip of 2500k. I'm vloging on YT and the other platforms.
After Swansea I will head over to Lynton and Lynmouth to start the Two Moors Way which will bring me to Plymouth, there I will get a ferry to Roscoff in France and make my way south.
Join me on

Intro

PM me for link to the Just Giving website, or you will find it in the YouTube videos descriptions.

Regards

Eamonn
Hi everyone
I started the Two Moors Way yesterday, in Whitypool at the moment. Reception is not good. I'll try my best with Daily updates,

Eamonn, watching your path on the latest update I could really see pilgrims of old on their way. The best of old lands. A testimony to the Original Author. (In the goodness and beauty of creation is the Original Author seen). The work of healing is happening. I also see that for you the support is so important, and you have it!
In your down moments, there is always someone urging you on from the sidelines. Believe that. You can count on it from your family and friends, old and new. I am sorry I am not younger and able to undertake what you are doing. You do it for many more than your own pilgrimage in memory of your dear sister.

Eamonn, watching your path on the latest update I could really see pilgrims of old on their way. The best of old lands. A testimony to the Original Author. (In the goodness and beauty of creation is the Original Author seen). The work of healing is happening. I also see that for you the support is so important, and you have it!
In your down moments, there is always someone urging you on from the sidelines. Believe that. You can count on it from your family and friends, old and new. I am sorry I am not younger and able to undertake what you are doing. You do it for many more than your own pilgrimage in memory of your dear sister.
Thanks

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi
Join me on

Intro

Regards

Eamonn
My ferry leaves at 22.00 hours, it arrives in Roscoff at 08.00, I'm so excited to start the French leg 😄😃.
I have found accommodation in morlaix, for tomorrow night but cant find accommodation on Saturday night for where i would like to get to, might either be a long one or a short one 🤔

Hi
I'm walking the Camino from Portlaoise in Ireland to Santiago de Compostela for Cancer Research, a trip of 2500k. I'm vloging on YT and the other p
latforms.
Join me on

Intro

Regards

Eamonn
Eamonn, I am delighted to see your Camino is going according to hopes and plans. I have just caught up on your 78th day. I commented on your youtube but repeat, that it is so lovely to see the difference in you surrounded by other pilgrims, in contrast to the days when you were on your own. I love following your camino, and thank you for all the time you put into posting on your other platforms. Not far to go now!

I sit in a cafe reading your post. It is lashing rain outside, and.myself and another Pilgrim are drinking coffee and eating far too many pastries 🍰. We left islares about 6 this morning hoping to get to Santona today. It is only 10.00 and.i hope this rain blows off but we will still walk if it doesn't.
I'm glad we started early as it would have been hard to get motivated if it was raining when we are supposed to leave.
There was very heavy rain 🌧 and Thunder and lightning last night.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Eamonn I've been following you too and am constantly amazed how far you walk including your filming. It has been wonderful watching the landscape change as you've walked. I hope the rain eases and you enjoy the company of other pilgrims now.
Best wishes too for your wonderful fundraising effort.
Buen Camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I sit in a cafe reading your post. It is lashing rain outside, and.myself and another Pilgrim are drinking coffee and eating far too many pastries 🍰. We left islares about 6 this morning hoping to get to Santona today. It is only 10.00 and.i hope this rain blows off but we will still walk if it doesn't.
I'm glad we started early as it would have been hard to get motivated if it was raining when we are supposed to leave.
There was very heavy rain 🌧 and Thunder and lightning last night.
C'mere till I tell ye! Rain? Try 5 hours driving rain. See if you don't laugh. Second last day of the Ingles. Stay going, Eamonn. You are nearly there...

Eamonn, looking at your day 92/93 post, I can see how close you are to your goal. I can only imagine the multitude of thoughts and feelings that you have experienced since you set off. I hope that when you have had time to integrate the whole experience, you will share what it means for you with the people who have been following, as well as those who chance upon your journey, your camino. I will do my bit to see if/how the Camino centre in Dublin can organise an event where you can tell your story. Especially in this post I name above, I can imagine how you are torn between the reason for your camino, and the proximity of the goal...hats off to you, Eamonn.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Eamonn, looking at your day 92/93 post, I can see how close you are to your goal. I can only imagine the multitude of thoughts and feelings that you have experienced since you set off. I hope that when you have had time to integrate the whole experience, you will share what it means for you with the people who have been following, as well as those who chance upon your journey, your camino. I will do my bit to see if/how the Camino centre in Dublin can organise an event where you can tell your story. Especially in this post I name above, I can imagine how you are torn between the reason for your camino, and the proximity of the goal...hats off to you, Eamonn.
Yes I'd be more than happy to, I was thinking a separate video, but I'm open to anything. I have some thoughts on the Camino in Ireland and maybe an official route. I have spoken with some people in France about it. First things first and to finish this one 😁

You said in your latest posting on youtube that you think you will be in Santiago on 15th. Always mixed blessings. Too soon, but lookit, Jimmy, you will have walked around 103 days worth!
It is such an achievement, Eamonn.
Enjoy these last days with the people you have been accompanied by since you began the Norte. I hope Arnaud comes back into your picture.
And then, safe home.

Most read last week in this forum

An article in the weekend edition of the Irish Times. I hope it can be accessed. If not, just follow the website above. Go n-éirí an bóthar leat, Credit for Gaelic version, @wayfarer...
The official Via Francigena site has published a list of free walks ** happening in 2024. If you happen to be passing through you might want to take part - or avoid that section that day. (**...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.