• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

From Houston, TX to Camino de Santiago via SJPP mid May

stevelangham

Time of past OR future Camino
Mid May/June "2013"
Will be planning to leave SJPP mid May and was wondering if any other Houstonians might be going that way, or will be going or have gone that would like to meet and talk about the experience.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
HoustonHiker said:
Will be planning to leave SJPP mid May and was wondering if any other Houstonians might be going that way, or will be going or have gone that would like to meet and talk about the experience.

Hola, fellow Texan Peregrino!
There is a fellow in Houston who is a member of this forum who you might reach out to. He was helpful to me a year ago. His name is Jeff Stys. He told me they had located 13 people in the Houston area who meet on occasion. I know there are more now because I met a couple of Houston pilgrims this past Fall on the Camino Frances when I walked from SJPP to Santiago de Compostela.
If there is anything you'd like to ask, I'd be happy to chat with you, although I'm in Dallas.
Buen Camino!
Dee Anne

This is Jeff Stys...we do have a group of Past and Future Pilgrims here in Houston. We've greatly increased our numbers in the past few months. We now have about 100 people on our mailing list.

We get together about 4 times a year - fun and casual events like hikes, happy hours and pot lucks.

We have an event scheduled on February 17th. You can get details at the APOC Website.

http://www.americanpilgrims.com/about/l ... coast.html

Hope to see you at an upcoming event. Let me know if I can help out in any way.

Jeff

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I will be riding the Camino Frances on bike in April. I live in Conroe, just north of Houston. I also joined the Houston chapter of American Pilgrims, but have not attended an event yet. Hopefully I can make the Feb. 17th event. :D

David

Dee Ann and Jeff. Thank you both for your response. I look forward to attending the gathering in February. I sent in my rsvp, or at least I think I did. So far, been reading the forum diligently, bought new boots, walking 3 to 8 miles per day and trying to learn some Spanish. I think I will wait till I meet some actual pilgrims before buying any other gear.

Steve

I am a native Houstonian, living in Brenham (70 miles or so from Houston) and will be walking the Camino Frances this April/May. There are three of us going together, one from back east, one from the Woodlands, and myself. Would love to have input from the other Houstonians.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi All,

In San Antonio and hoping to start from SJ in mid-May as well. Have read about various ways to get there from TX. What are your recommendations?

Best wishes,

Lone Star

I am wondering the same thing. I did a quick look at air fares last night, and that was no fun. I hope we get some good suggestions.

Steve. This is so funny. I remember you posting this originally, we walked with/near you for days, and my wife has been in contact with you post camino.....yet I NEVER realized you were the same guy from this forum. Sorry about that!

We were the ones from New Orleans with the baby. I like your blog btw.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hey guys! I am planning on Camino in early May (once my finals are over) and I would love to meet anybody who has already walked! I walked from SJPP in July of 2012 and I only had time to walk to Carrion de Los Condes in Spain. This time I'm gonna walk the whole way and I'm super excited it's all I think about.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.