A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

from Huesca to Pamplona

Michalcz

Camino(s) past & future
Hello,
In 17 August i will go with travel agency to climbing Pyrenees. After that im planning in 26. August start camino from Huesca (i will take bus from Benasque) to Pamplona or Logrono (i dont have time to go full camino)

I have a few qustions:
- Where and how to get credencial in Huseca? Is possible get it in Albergue?
- Will albergues open without booking/call before?
- How much peregrinos going this route?
- What is best way to get from Pamplona to Paris (im from Czechia, best way to get into Spain is across Paris)

Thank you very much! :) Im not speaking Spanish so this organisation things are hard for me.

Last edited:

Advertisment

oursonpolaire

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2002, Toulouse/Aragon 2005, Cami S Jaume/Aragon 2007/9, Mont Saint Michel/Norte/Vadiniense 2011, Norte/Primitivo 2013, Norte/Primitivo 2014. Norte 2015, Cami S Jaume/Castellano-Aragonese 2016
Pamplona to Paris is easy; either directly by bus (Alsa), or bus to Bayonne and then train, or bus to Biarritz and fly.

Usually, albergues have credenciales. In Huesca, there is the Albergue de peregrinos San GAlindo on C. Valentín Gardeta, 34 , but if you are beginning your Camino in Pamplona or Logrono, why not get the credencial there? Generally speaking, albergues in major centres will be open without the need to call in advance.

How many pilgrims? If you are speaking about the Camino from Pamplona or Logrono, there will be many. If you are thinking of Huesca, a handful.

Remember that there is a Camino from Huesca, with three stages of the Camino Catalan, and then on to the Camino Aragonese, which leads after five stages to Puenta la Reina.

Vacajoe

Traded in my work boots for hiking ones
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Aragones, Camino Frances, Finisterre (2018)
Huesca to Pamplona will be beautiful and not crowded. You can reach Pamplona through Puente de Reina OR take the Verde Trail which follows an old rail line through Lumbier and up to Pamplona

Vacajoe

Camino(s) past & future
We took a bus from Huesca to Jaca over the “Spanish Pyrenees” finger that separates them due to a late-season snowstorm this past April. Huesca was a nice city and worth a day or two for exploration if you have the time. As you enter the Aragon valley on the Camino Catalan, be sure to visit the monasteries in San Juan de la Pena!

Advertisment

Michalcz

Camino(s) past & future
Thank you for replies :)
Well, i will in Benasque and from Benasque is much easier get to Huseca or Jaca than into Pamplona.
So Huesca or Jaca, what is better place for start camino?

However, Im planning go by bus from Huesca to Jaca and start camino from Jaca (next albergue Arres). So where is better spend first night, in albergue Jaca or Huesca?

Last edited:
Hi, MichalczI, welcome to the forum. How many days can you walk?

I walked the Camino Catalán through Huesca. From Huesca to where the Catalán joins the Aragonés it is very lovely terrain and takes you right through San Juan de la Peña, one of the medieval marvels of the world. Then you can pick up the Aragonés in Santa Cilia de Jaca, which is beyond Jaca.

The walk from the Somport Pass (french border) to Jaca is all down hill but through very gorgeous mountain scenery. When we joined the Aragonés at Santa Cilia, we flagged down a car, and the driver took us up to Somport to start walking. I know you will have seen a lot of mountains already, but if you haven’t gotten enough, adding on those kms from Somport to Jaca is a great idea.

The Aragonés beyond Jaca is also pretty, With lots of little hilltop towns with very nice albergues. All in all a great Camino, and when you merge with the Francés in Puente la Reina or a few kms before, you will be shocked, surprised and stupefied by all the millions of people!

I would make the Jaca vs. Huesca decision based on how many days you have to walk and where you want to end up. Buen camino, laurie

Michalcz

Camino(s) past & future
I want walk full camino - finish in Santiago de Compostela (or Fisterra) I have some time limit, but i can walk around 30 days.

I will in 25. august climb Pico de Aneto :)
26. August will rest and transport day (into Huesca or Jaca?)
In 27. August i will start walking from Jaca to Arres

I'm not an experienced traveler and also i dont know spanish. I guess its not problem in SJPP, but i dont know how it going in nontourist places.

Last edited:

Vacajoe

Camino(s) past & future
If you stay in a Huesca, you can catch a morning bus to Jaca then start walking to a Arres once you get there. However, Jaca is worth a visit and the pilgrim office there has excellent resources to assist you in planning your route. If your plan is to start in Jaca, then stay the night there.

To make it to Santiago from Jaca in 30 days is pretty fast, unless you plan to bus/taxi some sections. If your plan is to travel 100% by foot, you may want to start in Pamplona or further along the route. The Aragon Valley is beautiful and I highly recommend it, but only if you have the time to appreciate it.

Michalcz

Camino(s) past & future
If you stay in a Huesca, you can catch a morning bus to Jaca then start walking to a Arres once you get there. However, Jaca is worth a visit and the pilgrim office there has excellent resources to assist you in planning your route. If your plan is to start in Jaca, then stay the night there.

To make it to Santiago from Jaca in 30 days is pretty fast, unless you plan to bus/taxi some sections. If your plan is to travel 100% by foot, you may want to start in Pamplona or further along the route. The Aragon Valley is beautiful and I highly recommend it, but only if you have the time to appreciate it.
Thank you, Jaca seem better. I cant find information about pilgrim office in Jaca - is it in albergue or infomation tourist center?

rappahannock_rev

Anglican Catholic Priest
Camino(s) past & future
Lourdes, Burgos & SdeC 77 (by train); Frances 12, 15 & 17; Finisterre 17; Lourdes, Aragones 18
Strongly recommend a look around Jaca. The Cathedral & Diocesan Museum is small but superb! I missed seeing the Citadel (closed Mondays) but understand that it is also remarkable. Can recommend the Hotel El Acebo. And there is a slick municipal information center....

God speed! (And pray for dry weather!)

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
C Camino Aragonés 1
sillydoll Camino Aragonés 3

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 29 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 102 15.7%
  • May

Votes: 165 25.4%