Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

From Kentucky to Camino Frances

Camino(s) past & future
May June (2020)
Eddiebee, thanks for the information; planning a May -June Camino Frances from KY - I am not seeing any direct flights from MAD to BIQ - are they seasonal? Thanks

Moderator: I've moved this to a new thread; it was on one with a last post in 2017 with out of date information.

Last edited by a moderator:

Island

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Portugues 2019
Pilgrims' Way 2020
Via Francigena 2020
California Mission Trail 2020
Im not sure what information carried over from one thresd to the next. You shoukd be able to dind schedules easily at www.rome2rio.com, with the caveat that not all of the bus/train routes are for sale into the far future (even if their schedules are generally well known.)

Thornley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances x 2 , Norte x 2 , Le Puy x 3 , Portuguese x 2,
Mont St Michel , Primitivo .
Eddiebee, thanks for the information; planning a May -June Camino Frances from KY - I am not seeing any direct flights from MAD to BIQ - are they seasonal? Thanks

Moderator: I've moved this to a new thread; it was on one with a last post in 2017 with out of date information.
No direct flights , only via Paris and leaves Madrid @ 5pm arrives Biarritz @ 10.30PM
I would suggest this ;
If you visit one town in Spain make it San Sebastian
Three flights there per day , just over an hour from Madrid.
Have a few days and then get the train , which takes one hour to Biarritz / Bayonne.
I would enjoy Bayonne as well because
The aches start when you depart;)

Last edited:

RRat

Camino(s) past & future
Planning 2017

Arrive in Madrid early to mid morning. No rush to next step. Depending on time you can grab a bus or train to Pamplona. Stay overnight in Pamplona in a inexpensive hotel. This will be likely the last night for a few days with all the creature comforts. Take bus the next morning to SJPDP. Please note, bus station in Pamplona is underground. I wandered above it using GPS.

Robert Long

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Sept 2016
Camino Portuguse Oct 2018
Iberia had a flight at 7:30AM from Madrid to Biarritz. The alternative is train to Pamplona and taxi or bus to SJPP

Buen Camino Bob

Eddiebee

Eddiebee
Camino(s) past & future
Frances SJPDP to SDC May & June 2017

Iberia has or had direct flights but they are at different times on different days of the week and they do not have flights every day. I got lucky and had a flight that left a 1:00PM. I think it was a Tuesday. You can email the taxi service in SJPdP in advance and they will get you a shared taxi. it was 19 Euro in 2017 if the taxi was full.

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock