Search 60,048 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Camino Creative Credencial Workshop
A two-part workshop that guides you into creating a credencial and shares it online

From León to Santiago - Companion wanted, Aug-Sep 2022

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

SabineP

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
some and then more. see my signature.
Hi, I am a 60 year old Italian man. I am looking for a travel companion for the CF from León to Santiago for the end of August 2022. Anyone interested?

Hi @Giomat : welcome on this forum. You will find a wealth of information here.
Like @henrythedog wrote : you will not be short of company.

I do not know if you will use private accomodations or albergues but I guarantee you that if you stay at an albergue for the first night you will already " know " some people you will meet regularly on the road.

Happy preparations!

Barney12

Past OR future Camino
Hi, I am a 60 year old Italian man. I am looking for a travel companion for the CF from León to Santiago for the end of August 2022. Anyone interested?
Hi there... Im of the same vintage and will hopefully be doing the same route.. Leon to Santiago.. but hoping to do this in May. HOWEVER...I am from New Zealand and it seems Omnicron is about to do its thing here So its a case of watch and wait....maybe if May is a no go I would try for September as I think I would find August too hot

Camino Cups
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Giomat

Past OR future Camino
CF
Hi there... Im of the same vintage and will hopefully be doing the same route.. Leon to Santiago.. but hoping to do this in May. HOWEVER...I am from New Zealand and it seems Omnicron is about to do its thing here So its a case of watch and wait....maybe if May is a no go I would try for September as I think I would find August too hot
I would like to leave at the end of August but we can decide together. Can we talk by email?

Kanga

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
I would like to leave at the end of August but we can decide together. Can we talk by email?
You can send each other PM ("personal message") via the forum - hover your mouse over the other person's name and you should see "start conversation".

But a warning about making decisions to walk together - it can be tricky even when you know the person well. And, as others have said, on the Camino you will naturally meet plenty of other walkers and frequently find yourself with good companions.

auburnfive

The first time I walked in 2008 as a single woman I was very nervous. Through this forum I met a couple also looking for a self guided trip and as our timing was exactly the same we decided to book together. It actually worked out fine, they were lovely, but we did not really walk together, just had our dinners together, along with others we met. Walking paces were different. It was a good way to start, and gave some comfort to know there was someone who would notice if I didn’t show up.
A few years later, I walked with a dear friend of 40 years. It almost killed our friendship - totally different walking styles, she snored so loudly I couldn’t sleep, she likes to chat, I like to quietly meditate - but there was the pressure to do it together. A frustrating experience for both of us.
I totally understand the usual forum advice to go solo, takes the pressure off, if you do decide to connect try to keep your connection loose and non binding.

hulagirl

Past OR future Camino
Possibly,how long from Leon to Santiago?I'm midst of planning my first.

Karl Oz

Past OR future Camino
Frances
Portuguese
Aragones
Sanabres
Piamonte
Elizabethpfad
Just hook-up with any likely-looking passing pilgrim. There will be thousands of them!

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Cups

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 104 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances