• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for a travel companion for the Camino de Santiago from León to Santiago in Aug-Sep 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi, I am a 60 year old Italian man. I am looking for a travel companion for the CF from León to Santiago for the end of August 2022. Anyone interested?

Hi @Giomat : welcome on this forum. You will find a wealth of information here.
Like @henrythedog wrote : you will not be short of company.

I do not know if you will use private accomodations or albergues but I guarantee you that if you stay at an albergue for the first night you will already " know " some people you will meet regularly on the road.

Happy preparations!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi, I am a 60 year old Italian man. I am looking for a travel companion for the CF from León to Santiago for the end of August 2022. Anyone interested?
Hi there... Im of the same vintage and will hopefully be doing the same route.. Leon to Santiago.. but hoping to do this in May. HOWEVER...I am from New Zealand and it seems Omnicron is about to do its thing here So its a case of watch and wait....maybe if May is a no go I would try for September as I think I would find August too hot

Hi there... Im of the same vintage and will hopefully be doing the same route.. Leon to Santiago.. but hoping to do this in May. HOWEVER...I am from New Zealand and it seems Omnicron is about to do its thing here So its a case of watch and wait....maybe if May is a no go I would try for September as I think I would find August too hot
I would like to leave at the end of August but we can decide together. Can we talk by email?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I would like to leave at the end of August but we can decide together. Can we talk by email?
You can send each other PM ("personal message") via the forum - hover your mouse over the other person's name and you should see "start conversation".

But a warning about making decisions to walk together - it can be tricky even when you know the person well. And, as others have said, on the Camino you will naturally meet plenty of other walkers and frequently find yourself with good companions.

The first time I walked in 2008 as a single woman I was very nervous. Through this forum I met a couple also looking for a self guided trip and as our timing was exactly the same we decided to book together. It actually worked out fine, they were lovely, but we did not really walk together, just had our dinners together, along with others we met. Walking paces were different. It was a good way to start, and gave some comfort to know there was someone who would notice if I didn’t show up.
A few years later, I walked with a dear friend of 40 years. It almost killed our friendship - totally different walking styles, she snored so loudly I couldn’t sleep, she likes to chat, I like to quietly meditate - but there was the pressure to do it together. A frustrating experience for both of us.
I totally understand the usual forum advice to go solo, takes the pressure off, if you do decide to connect try to keep your connection loose and non binding.

Possibly,how long from Leon to Santiago?I'm midst of planning my first.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Just hook-up with any likely-looking passing pilgrim. There will be thousands of them!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back