• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

From Lisbon

Laurence-Lisa

Time of past OR future Camino
I am planning on walking the Camino Portuguese from Lisbon to Santiago starting on 30 April 2017
Leaving in couple days, I am planning on walking the Portuguese Camino from Lisbon. I have to leave Santiago on the 26 May. Is it feasible? Or should I start at Santarem? Would love to get the step by step maps. thanks for your help.

Thank you

NOTE FROM MODERATOR: We routinely remove private emails that are posted here. People should communicate via the "private conversation" function and then exchange emails privately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I think a month should be reasonable for that stretch, and you have almost two, so unless you walk very, very short stretches, you will get there in time and have plenty of time for rest and sightseeing on the way.

Hi, Laurence-Lisa,
Welcome to the forum! A lot of forum members have started in Lisbon. There have been a lot of improvements over the years. Forum members have made a guide for the Lisbon-Porto section, check it out here:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/camino-portugués-lisbon-porto-2017.517/

As a rough estimate, I think 13-15 days will get you from Lisbon to Porto, and from Porto to Santiago, and then approximately 10 days from Porto to Santiago, so I think you have plenty of time.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I have 45 days from May 1st to walk from Fatima to Santiago via the coastal route north of Porto as well as taking the variante espiritual detour from Pontevedra and the Finisterre Camino to finish off.

My wife and I are not fast walkers and averaged 20/25km a day on our last Camino (Porto - Santiago - Finisterre). We arrived in Finisterre with plenty of time before our flight home and so went walking back down some of the coastal route and took in a few days at Caminha which was playing host to a travelling medieval festival. (which funnily enough we saw in Matosinhos the very night we arrived in Portugal as we were walking to the starting point at the coast).

I was surprised how quick our pace became after a while walking. I thought I would become tireder and tireder the more days I put behind me on the Camino but the more I walked the fitter I became. So instead of thinking I wasn't going to make it back in time for my flight, I was actually thinking "what should we do with all the spare days we're going to have along this route!" lol.

Personally I think you'll have plenty of time to walk this route.

If you're looking for detailed maps as well I downloaded the Amazon Kindle app on my Android phone and then downloaded the John Brierley Maps https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B018KIRKRY/?tag=casaivar-21. If you want a more detailed account then I'd go for purchasing the paperback (full guide for pilgrims) and taking that with you but if you're leaving in a few days it may not reach you in time.

Enjoy Portugal/Spain and have a fantastic journey!
Bom Caminho

Most read last week in this forum

Doing research for my upcoming Camino, I want to connect from coastal to central in Caminha. According to JB the ecopista is pleasant along the river, but I notice Stingy Nomads recommend the...
Will be walking the CP in Aug/Sep with planning clearly focused to staying (for the most part) on the Litoral. However, (using Brierley's Guide) the stage from A Ramallosa to Vigo sets up quite a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back