• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

From London to Ocebriero

auburnfive

Veteran Member
Hello,
Looking for advice on the best way to get from London to Ocebriero, Arriving from Canada mid morning and hoping to avoid overnighting in London. It looks like going through Porto is an option, but Rome2 Rio shows only several bus companies that only do a section. Can anyone provide the name of the company that goes from Porto to Santiago? Or advise on other options. Thank you!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello,
Looking for advice on the best way to get from London to Ocebriero, Arriving from Canada mid morning and hoping to avoid overnighting in London. It looks like going through Porto is an option, but Rome2 Rio shows only several bus companies that only do a section. Can anyone provide the name of the company that goes from Porto to Santiago? Or advise on other options. Thank you!!
@auburnfive
You do not give enough information to make it easy to help you find a route to O'Cebreiro. Which airport in London will you be arriving at? If you want to get to O Cebreiro, why mention Porto, which is in Portugal, or Santiago? I am copying a suggestion which I gave to another pilgrim recently, who expressed a desire to get to O Cebreiro:
try https://www.rome2rio.com/ . If you enter O Cebreiro as your destination, it will direct you how to travel to Pedrafita do Cebreiro, by plane then bus. From Pedrafita do Cebreiro you can go the rest of the way by taxi. This link gives more details: https://vivecamino.com/en/o-cebreiro/connections/ . Consult the Alsa bus website https://www.alsa.com/en/web/bus/alsa-experience/plan-your-journey/purchase-channels/internet to purchase your ticket from wherever you land in Spain to Pedrafita do Cebreiro. Buen camino from a Calgary pilgrim.
You will need to begin your rome2rio entry by putting in the name of the London airport to which you are flying. As far as I can see, the most convenient airport to go to O Cebreiro is at A Coruna. However, you can choose any of the options offered by rome2rio, depending on timing, costs, etc. The bus from A Coruna is the Alsa bus. Note that the options on rome2rio are offered in terms of time taken, least to most. You can choose depending on when you arrive and what is cheapest. Good luck and buen camino.

Hi Albertagirl, Thanks,I am also from Calgary! The flights to Gatwick are a very good price but to Madrid are not so much. Timing is the biggest challenge, and it looks as though Porto is the closest place that flies later in the day after the flight arrives into London. Just wondering if there is anything that someone has found that works well from Porto

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Albertagirl, Thanks,I am also from Calgary! The flights to Gatwick are a very good price but to Madrid are not so much. Timing is the biggest challenge, and it looks as though Porto is the closest place that flies later in the day after the flight arrives into London. Just wondering if there is anything that someone has found that works well from Porto
@auburnfive
I can't help you about Porto, but it is a long way from O Cebreiro, so a flight to somewhere closer might work better. Have you seen this recent post about changing planes in Gatwick when time between flights is limited: "Stressed over time between flights"? There is a lot of good information about how changing flights at Gatwick can be done better. I have been tempted by the cost of Westjet flights, but I am not willing to risk missing an onward connection because my flight was late. Good luck in finding what you need.

Hello,
I understand that ideally you want to keep moving and not spend the night in London. Still, if all of this gets too complicated and you're just going to end up arrive in wiped out from moving all night, you can go to airbnb.com and find shockingly affordable rooms in people's homes by putting in the search parameter "London Gatwick." Some of them even get you back and forth to the airport for just a few dollars and there's nothing like a good night of sleep to start you out on a great adventure. Just a thought.... Buen Camino!

There is a daily Vuelling flight from Heathrow to A Coruna, but it’s a late arrival after the last airport bus service, so you might need a taxi and would have to overnight in A Coruna.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...
Hi All, I have booked a walking week away from home arriving in Porto on 9th May at 19.10 (all being well). My initial intention was travel to Vigo by train and walk to Santiago, returning to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.