A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

From Madrid Airport to Busdepot

Can anybody tell me if a Taxi is the only way to go from Madrid airport to the Bus depot to take the Bus to Pamplona,or is there an Airporter Bus to go in to town? Thank you so much Harriet

Advertisment

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Hi Harriet,
The bus and underground trains are all in the same complex as the airport! Isn't that lucky!! You don't even have to go into the city.
Once you have checked through from arrivals, you take an escalator down to the underground area, find your bus - they all queue up in their respective lanes - and you will be on your way to Pamplona.
Have a wonderful joutney.

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Sorry Harriet and Peter,

I wasn't very clear in my post.

From the airport you go to the underground, get a tube or airport bus into the city bus station - but you do not leave that building, do not go into the city itself - the bus to Pamplona leaves from the same building.

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member
For more info on the Madrid metro, have a look here:
http://www.metromadrid.es/

... a metro map here:
http://www.metromadrid.es/acc_resources ... o_2006.pdf

Airport can be found in the top right corner, the airport in Madrid is called Barajas. It looks like you can get to Avenida de Americas with one metro change.

If you travel with big/heavy luggage I suggest a taxi from the airport since the metro can be warm and crowded... and the metro station at Av. de Americas is a big one, 5 or 6 floors if I remember correctly. They have escalators, which work most of the time (!)... :) If you travel light (as a pilgrim should) the metro is recommended.

Buen camino,
Ivar

Advertisment

Most read today

Advertisement

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 84 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 141 26.5%
  • June