• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

From Miami to SJPdP

amido hicho

Time of past OR future Camino
first timer
It is a done dial, everything is pack. My whole position is in a Deuter Act 32 , the whole 18 Lib. of it. I am leaving from Miami to Madrid tomorrow March 25. any advice on which is better dial, to take the AVE from Madrid to Pamplona and play lottery on how to get to SJPdP, or take the AVE from Madrid to San Sebastian and play equal the lottery to get to my starting point, SJPdP. Thanks and Buen Camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
It is a done dial, everything is pack. My whole position is in a Deuter Act 32 , the whole 18 Lib. of it. I am leaving from Miami to Madrid tomorrow March 25. any advice on which is better dial, to take the AVE from Madrid to Pamplona and play lottery on how to get to SJPdP, or take the AVE from Madrid to San Sebastian and play equal the lottery to get to my starting point, SJPdP. Thanks and Buen Camino
Welcome to the Forum!

I suggest that you travel from Madrid to Pamplona and use the transfer service offered by Pension Corazon Puro. This is their web.

I stayed with them last October on the way down from Roncesvalles. All was comfy and the dinner delicious.

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Amido Hicho:

I would recommend taking the Alvia train fro Madrid Puerta de Atocha to Pamplona. I would also contact www.corazonpuro.es before leaving. They will pick you up at train station, put you up for the night and take you to SJPdP the next day.

Going to San Sebastian just adds more time and steps to the process of getting to SJPdP, unless you plan to walk the Norte or Vasco.

Ultreya,
Joe

Amido Hicho:

I would recommend taking the Alvia train fro Madrid Puerta de Atocha to Pamplona. I would also contact www.corazonpuro.es before leaving. They will pick you up at train station, put you up for the night and take you to SJPdP the next day.

Going to San Sebastian just adds more time and steps to the process of getting to SJPdP, unless you plan to walk the Norte or Vasco.

Ultreya,
Joe
will do, Thank you,

Welcome to the Forum!

I suggest that you travel from Madrid to Pamplona and use the transfer service offered by Pension Corazon Puro. This is their web.

I stayed with them last October on the way down from Roncesvalles. All was comfy and the dinner delicious.

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith
Thank you, Margaret.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
As a snowbird who lives in Naples during the winter, I would also suggest to heed Falcon's advice. The weather forecast does not look good for the mountains east of Pamplona up to the end of March.

Go to Pamplona. Roncesvalles was knee deep in snow the last time I looked, the Route Napoleon impassible.

If you go to Pamplona, you have the option to start there if the weather across the Pyrenees is bad, which it is today and tomorrow.
Thank you, This is a very sound advice. However I started My camino last month walking 5 hour a day in the sun of Miami, during that time I was wishing for some relief in the weather, for the looks of it I am going to experience more then that a bargained for. In the other hand I will play it safe and play it by ear, if I need to bunker some days in SJPdP for safety sake I will do it. Your point is well taken , thank you again. Amido

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Go to Pamplona. Roncesvalles was knee deep in snow the last time I looked, the Route Napoleon impassible.
thank you. I might bunker in SJPdP until all the safety issues been fulfil.

Last edited:
Hello out there, recently I did El Camino Frances, i am seriously thinking of doing El Camino del Norte. For weight packing sake. I have some question about the water and the signs issues. In El Camino Frances I carried my water in me, not on me. get a way very comfortable with carrying just about 16onz. bottle. The questions are: does El Camino Del Norte offer the same facility in water issues just in case and if the sign are easy to spot?? thank you

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hi All, My girlfriend and I are planning to do the Camino Primitivo. I'll be honest here; I'm not entirely sure how far we'll get, but Caminoways says that the entire route can be done in 15...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back