Search 69,459 Camino Questions

From Oviedo to Lugo, May 2016

Mary Quagliata

Time of past OR future Camino
I've walked the Frances, the Norte, the Portugues and the Primitivo, in that order but I don't remember the dates.
Hi: My son and I walked from Oviedo to Lugo this last May. I flew from Mexico City to Madrid, and he came from California and met me at Chamartin. We had a great time, but it was a pretty difficult walk for me. I carried a small video camera and made a nice movie with the clips, using Adobe Premiere Pro software. Here is the link: www.vimeo.com/maryquagliata Have a good trip! Mary

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Oh Mary, how to thank you for your wonderful eye, ear for the right music, to pay hommage to one of my favourites parts of the world.

Your use of video... it bring the Camino alive. Vs the use of pictures and Imovie. You have rendered the simplicity and essence of this route.

I spent a good part of my Primitivo counting uphill steps. "Twenty and you will rest" I kept telling myself. In particular going up from La Mesa, or into Fonsagrada. Twenty and rest. Look back. Twenty and rest. I can empathise.

Thank you again for the memories, not only of what I saw but what I felt. Including the conversations between our hosts.

Thank you so much for your kind remark. Mary

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Thank you for your wonderful video. I walked the Primitivo in May 2016 as well and your video brought back so many happy memories. I remember the cold and the fog and also the beauty. Thank you!

Go for it Mary, you will not be disappointed! It's not as flat as you might imagine but worth every step.
Is there really no way to shorten the length of the stages? So many of them are 20 miles long. Are there no little towns in between?

Is there really no way to shorten the length of the stages? So many of them are 20 miles long. Are there no little towns in between?
I walked 22km at the most. Of course this means that some days were short: even 10km one day.

From memory, these were my stops:

Oviedo, Esclampero, San Juan de Villapanada, Salas, Tineo, Borres, Berducedo, The hotel by the dam before Grandas de Salime, Castro, A Fonsagrada, O Cadavo, Castroverde, Lugo, San Roman, As Seixas, Melide and then the party walk into Santiago.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I walked 22km at the most. Of course this means that some days were short: even 10km one day.

Oviedo, Esclampero, San Juan de Villapanada, Salas, Tineo, Borres, Berducedo, The hotel by the dam before Grandas de Salime, Castro, A Fonsagrada, O Cadavo, Castroverde, Lugo, San Roman, As Seixas, Melide and then the party walk into Santiago.

Oh! I think she was asking about the Vía de la Plata! Not the Primitivo! Just saying!

Take care!

BP

Hi Anemone del Camino - as a matter of interest did you like staying in that hotel by the dam (before Grandas de Salime)?

Hi Anemone del Camino - as a matter of interest did you like staying in that hotel by the dam (before Grandas de Salime)?
Yes. I had a room with a double bed, bathroom. Nice terrace to sit on. Meal ok. PM snacks (bocadillo) a bot expensive. They have a pilgrim price, bit for a limited number of rooms.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Yes. I had a room with a double bed, bathroom. Nice terrace to sit on. Meal ok. PM snacks (bocadillo) a bot expensive. They have a pilgrim price, bit for a limited number of rooms.

Thanks Anemone! :)

We too stayed there (2012). So very helpful and friendly. Good room, a meal (very late lunch) which they served us straight away as the restaurant was closing for the day - it was 3.50 on Mothering Sunday afternoon. Trout and a trifle. Then they showed us up to our room. Bocadillos in the bar in the evening were huge. Well worth staying there and great views. We kept looking at Buspol in disbelief and saying "We came over that!"

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...
I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back