• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

From Porto Airport to Porto city by Bike.

Edward1

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPP to Lyon
Le Puy to SJPP
Porto to Santiago.
Santiago to Finnistre and Muxia
Hi,
Has anyone cycled from Porto Airport to the city centre by bike if so what is the best route.Would it be better to get the Metro in as far as Trinidad and cycle from there. Can you take assembled bikes on metro. Thanks.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I take it no one has done this, So its going to be an adventure I will let you know how it goes.
As david Attenborough once said "If I can Bicycle, I Bicycle"

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
A follow up to my first post.
1. Landed in Porto Airport.
2. Assembled bike in Porto airport beside excess baggage area, No problem leaving boxes, staff said it was ok they would look after it so guess we were not the first to do this.
3. Wheel bike inside terminal building take lift down to metro station, get ticket from machine it is in many languages, get ticket to Le Trinidad, get on at last carriage on tram as there is room for bike they travel free.
4. Get off tram at Le Trinidad although I think it would be ok to travel to end of line no changes, get off at station short trip downhill to centre of city.
5. Cycle to Santiago no problems via coast.
6. At Santiago there are a number of companies touting for business at the pilgrim office offering to box and transport bikes anywhere in world.
7. We used http://www.elvelocipedo.com/Velocipedo/Ingles/indexI.html cost €21 to pack bike and they arranged transport to Airport by taxi cost €24. They speak English at shop and are well organised I would recommend them, they allowed us leave Luggage in shop as we explored city before getting taxi.
8. Super trip, Highly recommend it, we did not have high spec Mountain bikes but no problems on trip anyone want to know more just ask.
9. We cycled coastal route from Porto to Santiago then onto Finisterre and Muxia.

Hi,
Has anyone cycled from Porto Airport to the city centre by bike if so what is the best route.Would it be better to get the Metro in as far as Trinidad and cycle from there. Can you take assembled bikes on metro. Thanks.
I did not bike but drove my car several times in Porto.
It is fairly risky to drive in Porto
Portuguese are very kind people but as soon they are behind the steering wheel they are like devils.. Very impatient and hot temper.
As suggested try to get to the coast from the airport and bike on the boardwalk which you almost can follow into the citycenter. There I should step off and walk on the pavement.Trindade station is almost in the city center.
Do not drive your bike directly from the airport via Maia unless you like to challenge life.very busy roads ,fast driving cars ,trucks and busses.
Nowadays I leave my car far away from the center and take the metro as I recently did in Porto as well in Lisbon .
Bom caminho.

Bom caminho

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! My partner and I are preparing to do around 7 days of the Camino Portuguese route, starting at the end of April. We're flying to Porto from Edinburgh, and looking at the best route to...
Will be walking the CP in Aug/Sep with planning clearly focused to staying (for the most part) on the Litoral. However, (using Brierley's Guide) the stage from A Ramallosa to Vigo sets up quite a...
Doing research for my upcoming Camino, I want to connect from coastal to central in Caminha. According to JB the ecopista is pleasant along the river, but I notice Stingy Nomads recommend the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back