• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

From Porto to Fatima

Emia

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if there is a guidebook for this route?
I know one can follow the blue arrows from Porto, but I would love to have something on paper too.

Maybe someone has walked this way and would like to share some information about the distances and places to sleep. Carrying my backpack I can do about 18 - 22 Km a day. Also I would like to walk along the coast as far as possible before going inland.

Thanks!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi, @Emia,
I don’t know about written guidebooks, but I can tell you that the premier website for walking to Fátima has been de-activated. You can read about the reasons on their website.

The website does, however, still contain GPS tracks and a list of accommodations.

Following the coastal route “backwards” might be aa bit challenging. And I believe the Fátima arrows may also be somewhat sporadic. So I would definitely recommend using your phone to download tracks to follow when things get unclear.

Good luck with the plan! Bom caminho, Laurie

Hi, @Emia,
I don’t know about written guidebooks, but I can tell you that the premier website for walking to Fátima has been de-activated. You can read about the reasons on their website.

The website does, however, still contain GPS tracks and a list of accommodations.

Following the coastal route “backwards” might be aa bit challenging. And I believe the Fátima arrows may also be somewhat sporadic. So I would definitely recommend using your phone to download tracks to follow when things get unclear.

Good luck with the plan! Bom caminho, Laurie
Sorry to hear about the demise of this website. It was useful in helping me plot how to get from Tomar to Fatima in 2018, even though my route wasn't on any official trail. Portuguese locals were also very helpful in keeping me on the proper path.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi everyone,

I know one can follow the blue arrows from Porto, but I would love to have something on paper too.

Maybe someone has walked this way and would like to share some information about the distances and places to sleep. Carrying my backpack I can do about 18 - 22 Km a day. Also I would like to walk along the coast as far as possible before going inland.

Thanks!
Hi Emia,

I walked from Porto to Fatima in October of 2017. I kept a blog you may find some helpful info. in there or to at least give you a taste of what the walk was like. Here's the link to my blog - https://dam2015caminodesantiago.wordpress.com/ - click on the Caminho de Fatima link from my home page:).

Hi everyone,

Thanks!
The Brieley guide for the Portuguese Camino could be used in reverse. It had the diversion to Fatima

Hi everyone,

Thanks!
Have you gone on your walk as of yet? If not, I can help you a bit. I recently walk from Aveiro to Fatima. We walked along the coast. I’m sure routes aren’t posted mainly for safety and liability. Some roads I traveled I questioned my safety but I was following my SIL who planned our walk.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
This one popped up on another thread a short while ago. I think some TV company were asking questions.

The closest route I can see is to follow the coast to Nazaré and then follow an official route from there.

I recently walk from Aveiro to Fatima. We walked along the coast. I’m sure routes aren’t posted mainly for safety and liability.
Please tell us about your experience, I'd love to hear 😍😍

Have you gone on your walk as of yet? If not, I can help you a bit. I recently walk from Aveiro to Fatima. We walked along the coast. I’m sure routes aren’t posted mainly for safety and liability. Some roads I traveled I questioned my safety but I was following my SIL who planned our walk.
Hi, Lindah! May you please share with me your itinerary to Fatima from Aveiro?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

A local (central Portuguese) news source reported recently on the newly marked routes to Fatima from 1/ Serta 2/Tomar and 3/ Abrantes (east of Vila Nova da Barquinha on the Tejo/Tagus). Here's a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back