• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

From Porto via Matasinhos on Oct 7th

Geraldine Quilter

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese 2015
Anybody walking the coastal stretch beginning in Matasinhos around midday on Wed. 7th? I would be especially interested in hooking up with anybody interested in sharing a taxi from Vila do Conde to Arcos to join the central route.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Anybody walking the coastal stretch beginning in Matasinhos around midday on Wed. 7th? I would be especially interested in hooking up with anybody interested in sharing a taxi from Vila do Conde to Arcos to join the central route.

Hi Geraldine – the cost of taxis in Portugal is cheap about € 1 per km – Oct 2014 – I stayed in Vila do Conde in a comfy pension – I booked a taxi for the next day – collected at 8am – to Rates – the cost € 16 for 2 people

Definitely Booking.com is a good option to use

Hi Geraldine and good luck! The taxi stand is at the central plaza in Vila do Conde . I walked to Rates but when strolling through Vila do Conde I saw at least three taxis. So I guess in the evening you could ask them to drive you to Rates the next morning.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I've just moved this thread to the "Coastal Route" section of the Caminho Portugues section, since the OP is looking for people on that route to get back to the "main" Caminho Portugues (which is called the Central Route in some sources). The Caminho Portugues section of the forum is getting confusing because of the "coastal" and "interior" sub-sections.

The Coastal Route sub-section is for discussions about the several options for walking on the coast north of Porto. (Query: will we also put discussions about walking on the coast from Lisbon in this sub-section?)

The Interior Route is a newly (or relatively new) marked alternative that splits off of the main (Central) Caminho Portugues. At Coimbra (or close to Coimbra in Santa Comba de Dao, or even in Viseu), the route heads continues east of the Central Route, thus making it more in the Interior than the Central route, hence its name. This route goes to Chaves, crosses the border into Spain and its first Spanish town is Verín. Verín is itself on an alternative route of the Camino Sanabrés. So the Interior Portuguese route meets up with the Verín alternative of the Sanabrés and continues through Allariz and then into Ourense, where it re-joins the "main" Camino Sanabrés and then into Santiago.

This is pretty confusing and explains why we do have a lot of "mis-posting" in the Portugues section of the forum. If you see something that is misplaced, I think we can be pretty sure that the poster is not trying to mess with us but is just confused, and not surprisingly so. Let me know in a PM or report and I'll take care of moving things and trying to keep the separate sub-sections in tact. Bom caminho, Laurie

Anybody know of a reasonably priced hotel/Hostel/guest house/B&B about half way between Porto and Vila do Conde on the Coastal walk. We wont be leaving Porto early so we want to break the walk into two days.

Anybody know of a reasonably priced hotel/Hostel/guest house/B&B about half way between Porto and Vila do Conde on the Coastal walk. We wont be leaving Porto early so we want to break the walk into two days.

No website for this pension but a phone number. Called Cafe Tony aka Cafe Sandra. Fellowpilgrim was very positive about it. It is in Vila Cha.
tel. 229 283 634 or 917 487 51.

There is now also an albergue in Labruge.https://www.facebook.com/Albergue-STiago-De-Labruge-727383627383503/

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I've just moved this thread to the "Coastal Route" section of the Caminho Portugues section, since the OP is looking for people on that route to get back to the "main" Caminho Portugues (which is called the Central Route in some sources). The Caminho Portugues section of the forum is getting confusing because of the "coastal" and "interior" sub-sections.

The Coastal Route sub-section is for discussions about the several options for walking on the coast north of Porto. (Query: will we also put discussions about walking on the coast from Lisbon in this sub-section?)

The Interior Route is a newly (or relatively new) marked alternative that splits off of the main (Central) Caminho Portugues. At Coimbra (or close to Coimbra in Santa Comba de Dao, or even in Viseu), the route heads continues east of the Central Route, thus making it more in the Interior than the Central route, hence its name. This route goes to Chaves, crosses the border into Spain and its first Spanish town is Verín. Verín is itself on an alternative route of the Camino Sanabrés. So the Interior Portuguese route meets up with the Verín alternative of the Sanabrés and continues through Allariz and then into Ourense, where it re-joins the "main" Camino Sanabrés and then into Santiago.

This is pretty confusing and explains why we do have a lot of "mis-posting" in the Portugues section of the forum. If you see something that is misplaced, I think we can be pretty sure that the poster is not trying to mess with us but is just confused, and not surprisingly so. Let me know in a PM or report and I'll take care of moving things and trying to keep the separate sub-sections in tact. Bom caminho, Laurie

Oh boy...got confusing!! I wanted to walk a little on the coast but starting in Valenca that apparently cuts off any coast. Guess i will have to wait until i return to porto to enjoy the coast...well maybe!!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...
I’m seeing a lot of discussion on FB about the route out of Vigo. People are recommending taking a new bike path that starts at the Ascensor Halo and ends at Chapela because the official route is...
So I’d been given to understand in my pre-Camino research that one could just ask for a copo de agua (glass of water) which is basically tap water on the house. Since arriving in Portugal a few...
Hi, arrived in Porto today starting the coastal camino on Friday! I just found out the hostel I am staying at does not allow pack pick up. Im walking to vila cha 1st day and physically I cannot...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back