• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

From San Sebastian to Bilbao

jlittin

Time of past OR future Camino
Thinking about walking
Hi fellow pilgrims,

I will be doing my first Camino in early July and have decided on the Camino del Norte. My girlfriend will actually be with me for the start of the trip and looking at our itinerary we only have 2 nights between San Sebastian and Bilbao. Looking at the map this is a 5-6 day walk usually. Are any seasoned pilgrims able to let me know if there are particular legs that would be worth doing for 2 days that we will be able to get transport to/from? Anything of particular beauty that we should see.

A bit of an unusual request I know, but from Bilbao I will be continuing on my own for the full remainder of the walk to Santiago.

Thanks in advance.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Not sure if I'm getting the point of your question.

Your girlfriend has two days to walk with you and it has to be between San Sebastian and Bilbao? Does she have to travel to Bilbao after those two days?

She could walk with you from San Sebastian to Deba and then take the train to Bilbao. Beautiful and easy.

Hi Pabloke,

This is exactly what I was looking for - 2 days trek with access to public transport to get to Bilbao.

Thanks for much.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
San Sebastian to Deba That would be 44km of great walking! You could also start at Irun and walk to Zarautz. (Slightly east of your parameters but it includes cliff side walking - which is enjoyed by many on the Norte) It is 47km and there is a train station in Zarautz as well!

Most read last week in this forum

Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...
Tomorrow I fly to Bilbao to start my 5th stint on the Camino. I did the Frances in three parts (2016, 2017 and 2022). Last year I did the Portuguese from Porto. I did the first 200 km of the...
I use Alltrails a lot here in the US, in Iceland, on the Via Podiensis and a bit on the CF. Will it be useful on the Norte? For example, people here say the "warm up" from Biarritz to Irun (or...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back